RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > oddities!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

A couple of small press switches in the rear door hinges to operate the rear reading lights when the doors are opened might be nice! Seems really really penny pinching to have gone to the trouble of fitting reading lights and not putting them on the courtesy light circuit.

Some small "curry" hooks in the boot would be nice too, like the L322 RR and the last generation Disco had in the front passanger footwell.

A HUGE and dazzling white light linked to a rear radar to scare the living daylights out of people who tailgate or drive along behind you with only their front foglights (usually badly adjusted too) on when they are not needed! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #6191 Mon Nov 28 2005 5:43pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

MDP wrote:
No hooks in the front for me , so it would appear LR have mucked up again. Sounds like you have the rear grab handles fitted in the front and vice/versa?

Sigh... looks that way doesn't it? Something else to add to the snagging list when it goes in for its first service (pending nothing major happening in the meantime). 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #6192 Mon Nov 28 2005 5:47pm
acole10000

United States 2010 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Stornoway Grey

Not to barge in on your conversation, but what about those little black thingies that come with the floor mats, I don't know about you, but I am not about to rip into my new carpet to install them. I can see it now, "Ping" the car wash boy pulls out my mats along with the little black thingies and now my $60K worth of carpeting looks like *&^#!.

I have two bags of those little black thingies sitting in the glove box, what are they worth on eBay. 

Post #6235 Mon Nov 28 2005 11:07pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MDP

United Kingdom 

Hi acole10000

I think most people I know have not bothered to use the black clip/peggs/studs or whatever you call them. In fact I have not bothered using my carpet mats - I find ( esp in winter ) the heavy duty rubber ones are far better a retain the muck well - as the mat has a lip all the way around. I think i'll keep the carpet mats as new items to pop in when I want the ultimate clean look inside the sport.

As for ebay - best bin'em Wink 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #6243 Tue Nov 29 2005 1:07am
acole10000

My salesman gave me both carpet and rubber mats so I actually have twice as many black thingies as a anyone else. He with the most black thingies wins.

The rubber mats always look dusty and dirty so I have opted to summer with carpet and winter with the rubber. 

Post #6245 Tue Nov 29 2005 1:32am
MDP

United Kingdom 

I think that's the best option - plus you get to put your thingies with all your other thingies in the garage, great till you come to want to find " that thingie " ! 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #6246 Tue Nov 29 2005 1:44am
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Quote:
I have two bags of those little black thingies sitting in the glove box, what are they worth on eBay.

Let me know what you want for a set! My dealer has promised me these for over 3 months and still no luck. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #6260 Tue Nov 29 2005 7:24am
acole10000

Quote:
Let me know what you want for a set! My dealer has promised me these for over 3 months and still no luck

Even though my RSS is not the limited edition model, I believe the black thingies are the rare limited edition black thingies.

Very annoyed, PM with an offer and I would be happy to send you out a set.

Hey how about the window controls, I am 6'1" and the seat is almost all the way back, and I can never reach the front window controls without doing a stretch. I am always seeming to open and close the rear windows by accident. I guess the designers were apes with super long arms. 

Post #6269 Tue Nov 29 2005 9:12am
Tim in Scotland

acole10000 wrote:

Nothing unless they have "Supercharged" stamped on them and then you will be able to sell thousands of sets to all the 4.4V8 and TDv6 owners who are building Supercharged-a-likes Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #6271 Tue Nov 29 2005 9:21am
Tim in Scotland

This oddity might only apply to the owners of TDv6 engined Sports........ have you found the little plastic retainer on the fuel filler cap never seems to want to rotate with the cap when you want to open it for fueling?
I suppose it is better than the even sillier cap holder on the L322 RR which had a plastic retainer on the filler flap. One day I took off the cap and found that the plastic retainer on the flap was missing so I couldn't stow it on the flap while filling up. After 40 minutes of blowbacks and slow filling I realised where it had gone. It must have stuck on the shaft on the filler cap and then slipped off in between fill-ups and was blocking the filler pipe down at the antisyphon device. The dealer had to dismantle the entire fuel filler pipework to get to the antisyphon device which wasn't near the top of the pipe but right down at the tank! Good designs or what 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #6285 Tue Nov 29 2005 10:45am
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

acole10000 wrote:
Hey how about the window controls, I am 6'1" and the seat is almost all the way back, and I can never reach the front window controls without doing a stretch. I am always seeming to open and close the rear windows by accident. I guess the designers were apes with super long arms.

I hear ya, acole1000. I thought exactly the same thing when I picked mine up. The switches are completely too far away, although I think we might be in the minority in sharing that view Wink 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #6287 Tue Nov 29 2005 12:15pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Quote:
I guess the designers were apes with super long arms.

Might be a case of 'You pay peanuts you get monkeys' Very Happy 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #6290 Tue Nov 29 2005 12:23pm
acole10000

Mr. Shmoogle,

I know if my mom was driving my RSS (which I won't let her), she would be okay - she damm near sits on the steering wheel. I wonder if she had design input.

Adam 

Post #6291 Tue Nov 29 2005 12:24pm
Tim in Scotland

acole10000 wrote:
Mr. Shmoogle, I know if my mom was driving my RSS (which I won't let her), she would be okay - she damm near sits on the steering wheel. I wonder if she had design input.Adam

I have one of those too............... and now she isn't insured to drive the car so that solved that, but she still does it in her own car - an Eastbourne Express.

(For those not in the know this is another name for a Honda Jazz,Civic or Accord in the UK - bought and driven mainly by geriatrics who live in or near a seaside retirement town on the south coast of England. Laughing Laughing They buy them because they are boring to drive and totally reliable and will see them to the grave without a problem) 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #6299 Tue Nov 29 2005 1:17pm
jabman

oddities

dont you think its odd that your passengers cant see to put their seat-belts on and then, when they want to get out, they have to ask the driver to unlock the doors coz they cant see the black lock/lever in the handle recess. at least in an old merc i had a few years back there was a light switch on the dash to illuminate the rear passenger area.

Post #6326 Tue Nov 29 2005 6:34pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>