RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Cant make my mind up!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

topnotch

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 S Java Black
Cant make my mind up!

Had my S now for 3 months and just hit 10k miles.
Can't deny that it is a damn good looking machine, however just cant seem to get comfortable in it.

The headrests feel to hard and not adjustable enough.

No automatic closure available on windows and no auto power up on rear windows is just not acceptable on a 40k plus vehicle. (kicking myself for not noticing on test drive, but there again wasnt checking for it)

The 'aux in' at the rear doesnt seem to be connected to the car. (If its not connected then it should'nt be there!)

I cant lower the car remotely unless I have the hazards on. (Health and safety gone mad or under engineered?)

First two stealerships I approached nearly cost L R a sale! Found salvation in Charles Hurst Kensington.

These may sound like little niggles but they are really annoying on a daily basis, and lets not forget these are not cheap cars.
Im to busy to be 'pimping my ride' on weekends and quite frankly I think I have spent enough money on the purchase.

Starting to think I should have kept my money with the Germans.

Im writing this after a five hour run on the M4. Not the best frame of mind I know but I just cant get comfy in this car.

Maybe its me?

Post #129642 Fri Aug 03 2007 10:17pm
Smarticus

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

Does the "S" have the same seats as the HSE ? My HSE's seats are about the most comfy of any car I have ever had. My wife had a Disco 3 "S" spec with cloth seats which were disgraceful. LR insult its cars and their buyers fitting such Censored poor seats. You might be able to pick up an HSE drivers seat from Flebay or a breakers ? RRS TDv8 HSE Rimini
Disco 4 TDv6 HSE Ipanema
Defender 90, 200tdi CSW

Post #129645 Fri Aug 03 2007 10:25pm
Java Jungle

Monaco 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

SAME HERE, ON MY HSE I HAVE THE MOST COMFORTABLE SEATS I'VE EVER HAD...ARE THE SEATS ON A "S" DIFFERENT THAN AN HSE MAYBE...??

JJ

Post #129660 Sat Aug 04 2007 3:35am
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

The only thing that is seems to be a problem is your Aux socket - get the dealer to fix. The suspension lowering is a feature of the car - a stupid one yes but not one to worry about. As for the seats, I agree with the other posts, I've never had a more comfortable seat. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #129667 Sat Aug 04 2007 7:56am
Cliff H

United Kingdom 

If the differences are the same as for the D3 range the seats on the S were very poor in comparison to the SE and HSE seats, saying that, a seat can be perfect for one person and hell for another no matter how expensive the car.

Yes the AUX socket should be working but also remember that you have to turn the volume up quite a bit higher to get sound from it, well you did in mine anyway.

Post #129668 Sat Aug 04 2007 8:07am
ENVOY

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Arctic Frost

I hear where you are coming from Topnotch things like one touch windows should be standard on a 50k+ motor as they are on most other 50k vehicles, it is a shame that LR have not taken these small details in to account when designing and building these superb cars, especially when you consider that on the top of the range old RR it had everything including things like auto closure off the key fob Evil or Very Mad

As for the seats, in my HSE they are very comfy indeed so it may be that the difference is between the models Confused some of my Previous cars
--------------------------------
P38 Range Rover Autobiography
RRS 2.7 HSE Silver
RRS TDV8 HSE silver
FFRR Vogue black
Disco3 HSE silver
RRS 2.7 HSE silver
RRS 3.0 HSE BALTI BLUE
AC Cobra
Landrover Defender 90
Landrover Defender 110
Suzuki Jimney

Post #129699 Sat Aug 04 2007 9:49am
DSL

United Kingdom 

Cliff H wrote:
If the differences are the same as for the D3 range the seats on the S were very poor in comparison to the SE and HSE seats, saying that, a seat can be perfect for one person and hell for another no matter how expensive the car.

I've just sold my D3 HSE and kept the S, I find the S seats far more comfortable and whilst I had no problems doing 500 mile plus trips in either, I felt less tired at the end of the trip in the S D3. Mr. Green

Post #129703 Sat Aug 04 2007 10:47am
mlines

United Kingdom 

Remember , cars don't have head rests, they have head restraints. Designed to save your neck in an accident they are not for resting your head on and are probably angled back to actually prevent resting your head to stop you falling asleep!

Martin 2016 RRS 4.4 TDV8 Autobiography Dynamic in Montalcino Red and Stealth Kit

Post #129704 Sat Aug 04 2007 11:37am
GIB 984

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

The comment I get most from passengers in my HSE is that they cant believe how comfortable the car is.
I think the seats are great - I just cant get used to the roll at the moment - I think I should have bought one with the dynamic pack fitted OR stop driving it like my old bmw convertible or TT!

Now....where's that old pipe and slippers......... Twisted Evil Best Wishes

Gary

Post #132615 Mon Aug 13 2007 9:25pm
ENVOY

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Arctic Frost

Gary i am amazed you think that your RRS has body roll, do you have the DSC switched off?

That was one of the things that impressed me when i first got the car, the lack of body roll.

Remember that the centre of gravity is totally different to a sports car,and it gives you a different feeling, but you want to follow a RRS when its going around bends, there's hardly ant roll at all

Post #132874 Wed Aug 15 2007 7:22am
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

They do roll in comparison with a saloon or coupe, obviously... but as E says it's a case of not expecting a 2.5t SUV to have the same dynamics as a 1.5t saloon. A DR-equipped RRS does make all the difference though. 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #132924 Wed Aug 15 2007 11:38am
topnotch

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 S Java Black

I think I found the problem.
Just checking to see if anyone can clarify, the headrests on my Standard S are really hard and they seem to protrude forward from the seat. The only adjustment I can make is up or down!!! I have just compared them with a Porsche a Mercedes and a Ford, all of these headrests are softer.

Are all headrests the same regardless of the model or are they more adjustable and softer on the higher models?

Post #132931 Wed Aug 15 2007 12:07pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

I think the headrests are the same internally - they get different trims per model of course, but I think they are same shape/filling for everyone. 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #132945 Wed Aug 15 2007 1:33pm
chex

http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic5205.html?highlight=headrest

Post #132948 Wed Aug 15 2007 2:05pm
Josh

United Kingdom 

topnotch wrote:
I think I found the problem.
Just checking to see if anyone can clarify, the headrests on my Standard S are really hard and they seem to protrude forward from the seat. The only adjustment I can make is up or down!!! I have just compared them with a Porsche a Mercedes and a Ford, all of these headrests are softer.

Are all headrests the same regardless of the model or are they more adjustable and softer on the higher models?

Yes I found the same problem initially. It's because I like to sit up straight when I'm driving and then the headrests push your head forward.
So I've learnt to modify my position by raking the seat back a little more than I like and pump up the lumbar support. So very comfortable now. TDV6 - gone
TDV8 - gone
Audi Q5 3.0 Tdi Sline wef 6/11/10

Post #133124 Thu Aug 16 2007 11:56am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1