Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Satelite Radio...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Java Jungle

Monaco 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
Satelite Radio...

Hi Guys,

Is it possible to have the original Satelite Radio that comes with the RRS fitted on afterwards?

And to all the guys and girls who have it, is it worth it...??

Great weekend to all...

JJ

Post #131730 Fri Aug 10 2007 9:57pm
ayates

United States 2007 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Buckingham Blue

Dont think that sat radio is worth the money.... I have it but just not activated. IMHO the local pbs radio stations are far more quality and you can also get the BBC world service if your home sick on local radio..... in the US of course. Brit across the Pond Wink
07 TATA (LR) RRS SuperVindaloocharged, Buckingham Blue, Stormers, TPMS, Sunroof, Rear Difflock,PDC front & rear, Privacy, Rear twin DVD, premium ice, mudflaps, premium Ivory leather, lined oak, PTI, Sat Radio.

Post #131738 Fri Aug 10 2007 11:12pm
umbertob

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Chawton White

It's not possible to retrofit the factory Sirius module after the sale (it may actually be possible, but I doubt any dealer would know where to begin...), thanks to our MOST interface. Sorry. But you can buy an aftermarket tuner and hook it up via the AUX input, if you want. That way, you can choose between XM and Sirius.

I love Sirius' programming, I listen to a couple of their stations almost all the time, no commercial breaks and little talk, although the "Welcome new subscriber Billy Bob from Wichita, Kansas" messages can get annoying. I love that I can travel anywhere and get good reception regardless (except for the occasional dead spots or when under a bridge, etc.) I couldn't care less if they cancelled their other 120 channels tomorrow though, and I wish they had an "a-la-carte" subscription option. But if you are looking for high quality sound, sat radio is definitely not it. The digital signal of Sirius is so overly compressed (so they can fit a gazillion channels in their satellite transmission), it sounds a bit better than AM but definitely worse than FM band radio stations, and cannot even be compared to CD-quality or my iPod. Maybe in the early days, but not now. Some stations sound better than others, but nothing that approaches high fidelity. 

Post #131741 Fri Aug 10 2007 11:30pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1