Page 1 of 2 12>

Gary

England 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
Billing

Anybody go, very wet??

Post #127735 Tue Jul 24 2007 9:37pm
Cliff H

United Kingdom 

Was just talking to some relatives who went, yes they got very wet and lots of stalls were missing they said.

Post #127736 Tue Jul 24 2007 9:38pm
Gary

Sunk I think into the mud, no bull it must have been 6 inches of mud everywhere! did the off road course, very embarrassing for RRS?

Post #127755 Tue Jul 24 2007 10:12pm
tafftoo

Embarrassing?

I did the off-road course there yesterday. Apparently mine was the 4th (!?) sport they'd had through. I did most of the course, apart from the bits where they categorically said NO!. The only really hairy bit was the first water obstacle. Just towards the end there's a couple of potholes and a biggish drop where water came right over the bonnet. I felt the gravel bed fall away as the front tyres spub and for the briefest of moments, I thought I wasn't going to make it out, but I did.

The sport was amazing, and I think they're were quite a few people who were surprised at a) seeing a sport do the off-road course, and b) just how well it handled it. The goodyear MT/Rs helped though, and there's no way I would have attempted the course if I'd had my road tyres on.

We had an absolutely awesome time, and once again I've found yet more respect for the sport. I'm only hoping some videos get posted up on the net, as I didn't take make camera.

Post #178907 Mon Jul 21 2008 10:56am
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Good one... it's a very capable vehicle, even if it's typical ownership don't appear to be muddy boots types Wink 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #178914 Mon Jul 21 2008 11:42am
Alicatt

Belgium 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Buckingham Blue

Good lad Thumbs Up
Got the same reaction in Holland on an off-road course, I was the only RRS at the event apart from a dealers supercharged that was on static display. Once I had got rid of the brake (SWTSMBO) it gave me free reign to tackle the course. I couldn' Shocked t do all the course as some of the black runs were just too tight between the trees Sons of dogs come hither and get flesh
Clan Cameron

Post #178918 Mon Jul 21 2008 12:23pm
Gary

I was embarrassed last year because being a die hard off road fan (V8 90 for fun) I didn't read the Bl**dy manual and found that I couldn't get out off the first bomb hole, the RRS kept cutting power as I got to the top, after a while the TR switched itself off and we cruised out and enjoyed the rest of the course without any fuss at all. When I got back to the campsite I read the manual and it says to switch off the DSC as the YAW control thought I was in a skid and kept cutting the power, have since had it in all manner of situations that would frighten the 90 but without any fuss at all Smile

Post #178921 Mon Jul 21 2008 12:34pm
tafftoo

My pregnant wife, and my 19 month old Son came around with me. My Son fell asleep and my wife said she absolutely loved it, but wouldn't have had the guts to go around by herself. It's an amazing bit of kit, the sport. Her indoors has already said she wants to go to another show.

Post #178943 Mon Jul 21 2008 1:14pm
TB

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Arctic Frost

Well done Tafftoo, did you say hello to any of the lads from Disco3 whilst you were at Billing? They had a group camping down there for the weekend I think.

You will have to book onto some of the Disco3 offroad events. VA is a regular and I've been known to show up on occasion. The inexperienced D3 owners always scoff at the RRS until they see us in action. Thumbs Up Arctic Frost TDV6 SE. Aspen Leather, Cherry Wood, Privacy Glass, PTI, Tow Pack, Mudflaps, Tasmods, a new Fuelflap, a RRSport.co.uk umbrella in the boot & a RRSport.co.uk sticker on the rear glass.

Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but I'm not stupid . . . I know it revolves around the sun. Which shines out of my @rse!!!

Post #178979 Mon Jul 21 2008 2:29pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 

Tafftoo, you're quite welcome to join any of the Disco3 events.
There's always a bit of banter (as TB knows) but all in good fun.
and no TB, We just always scoff at the RRS whether we've seen you in Action or not Laughing
But a few of the marshalls were really suprised to see the RRS & D3 'shinys' going round.

Nah seriously though, heard of one RRS that had a nice rippled effect from bonnet to boot along one side Shocked

I'm guessing they weren't happy & I hope it wasn't anyone from here.

There were only about 24 of us from Disco3, so we'd have been easy to miss with our Police Cordon barrier tape & 20ft flag... Laughing

A good time had by all I think. I wouldn't have touched the mud run last year, but this year was a relative doddle.
This was the first go round

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=bNSj4hFozIQ

After that, they seemed to empty half of the river in there & it started to get like a proper mud hole. Still, DSC off & Mud & Ruts on it went through as smooth as a baby's bum! Bodsys Brake Bible
Software Updates Contact me
RRS Timed Heat/Remote kits - Contact me
BAS Engine Re-maps/ EGR Blank EuIII and EuIV
Clock On The Dash/ SNOTM /3Flash / BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes read\ Gearbox Reset
See it HERE

Post #178985 Mon Jul 21 2008 2:44pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
tafftoo

I didn't really see anybody, although we only went down for a couple of hours. The wife did say afterwards that perhaps next time we should go down and camp. I'm still reeling with shock from that last remark, but who am I to argue with with someone whose five-foot tall, fierce and hormonal?

I saw a couple of D3's around, in fact there was a silver one followed me on to the course. Didn't get to speak to the driver though. It would be good to go out with the D3 crowd as I'm quite keen to see what they can do. We're gonna try and do more of the shows, so hopefully we'll be able to meet up.

If you've ever got any trips out planned up in the midlands, let me know and I'll try and come along.

Post #179016 Mon Jul 21 2008 5:42pm
tafftoo

Yesterday I bought my 19 month old Son a model defender in silver, and he hasn't put it down since. Apparently he's spent most of today placing bits of gravel and stones along the pathway and driving his defender over them while saying "VVroom VVroom" very loudly.

Perhaps he didn't sleep through all of the off-road course?

Post #179017 Mon Jul 21 2008 5:46pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

tafftoo - first time I read your post I thought you'd bought your 18month old son a full sized Defender - I was thinking how the hell did you get away with that excuse Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post #179042 Mon Jul 21 2008 10:26pm
tafftoo

He'll grow into it. He was really tired as he didn't sleep on the way there. I was talking to Charlie at TwistedPerformance with my Son screaming blue murder when all of a sudden two kids went past us in a toylander. He instantly fell silent, and starting following the toylander with his eyes.

We went and had a look at them afterwards and he was all over it. I'm going have to build one for him (and for me). If I could just find a cheap diesel 4x4 lawnmower to base it on...

Post #179065 Tue Jul 22 2008 9:19am
TB

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Arctic Frost

You could always lock yourself away in the garage with this. Whistle

From little acorns . . . Thumbs Up Arctic Frost TDV6 SE. Aspen Leather, Cherry Wood, Privacy Glass, PTI, Tow Pack, Mudflaps, Tasmods, a new Fuelflap, a RRSport.co.uk umbrella in the boot & a RRSport.co.uk sticker on the rear glass.

Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but I'm not stupid . . . I know it revolves around the sun. Which shines out of my @rse!!!

Post #179128 Tue Jul 22 2008 1:44pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>