RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > 4x4 Discussion on Radio 2 at the moment...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

MDP

United Kingdom 

Robin Sunpower wrote:
This is great stuff....keep it coming, please Very Happy

and what may we ask do you do for a living Confused 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #5840 Fri Nov 25 2005 1:01am
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Chartered Tree Hugger, no doubt. I think he works for the Association for the Release of Stupid Ecowarriors 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #5885 Fri Nov 25 2005 2:45pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Or the Commission of Unified Northern Treehuggers! 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #5897 Fri Nov 25 2005 3:10pm
shmoogle

United Kingdom 

Laughing Laughing Laughing 

Post #5900 Fri Nov 25 2005 3:23pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

and here was me thinking it was The Western Association of Treehuggers 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #5927 Fri Nov 25 2005 4:39pm
noddy and bigears

England 
smart car

ive just heard merc are dropping the smart range due to losing money the tree hugger on jv programe told a woman from the countryside with a 4x4 not to bring it into the city so does she buy another car just to go to the city hmmmm 1 is better than 2 ROBIN SUNFARTER do you not answer questions or do you need an adult to help you Question

Post #5978 Sat Nov 26 2005 5:20pm
Robin Sunpower

United Kingdom 

I'm a bit busy now to reply I'll get back to you soon, I'm off to Australia for 2 weeks and not sure if I'll be able to access the highway. (as if I can be bothered)
gonna try speak to some ozzy Sport drivers. G'day Sport. How many KPLs do you get in that Sport, Sport? that sort of thing.
See if they can connect and reject. Speak to you all soon budz!

Reduce the juice

Increase the peace! Smile

Post #6803 Sat Dec 03 2005 12:05am
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Robin Sunpower wrote:
I'm a bit busy now to reply I'll get back to you soon, I'm off to Australia for 2 weeks and not sure if I'll be able to access the highway. (as if I can be bothered)
gonna try speak to some ozzy Sport drivers. G'day Sport. How many KPLs do you get in that Sport, Sport? that sort of thing.
See if they can connect and reject. Speak to you all soon budz!

Reduce the juice

Increase the peace! Smile

Are you flying in one of those big nasty planes that chuck out polution as f it wa going out of fashion or are you being a good boy and cycling all the way? If cycling I'll wish you luck if flying I'll just have a little snigger! Wink Wink 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #6813 Sat Dec 03 2005 8:06am
Robin Sunpower

United Kingdom 

Been away for a while and loads of posts to check out. Bloody hell Mr Annoyed we agree yet again, yep don't those planes chuck out tonnes of nasty polution.
I feel I'm making some progress here, good job we're not arguing I'm not in the mood for it, I need some sleep..... I've got a couple of interesting stories to tell you when I get my head together, if you're nice and can wait patiently..

Post #8766 Fri Dec 23 2005 12:21pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

by the way dick wad.. do you not realise, that a lot of people who own these 4x4 monsters that you seemed to have focused all your attention on, also own a number of other cars. So aren't driving them around ALL the time. Some people use them as everyday cars, but as VA said, his other car is actually a mini.

Take me for example, i have my RRS yes, but i only actually drive it about 130-150 miles a week, and total fuel cost = roughly £30 every sunday fill up. I don't do school runs, and i don't drive at rush hour? I use it to lug around a lot of crap sometimes, and mostly travel with one passenger, but on nights out (mostly every night) fill it full of my mates, i don't drink so am the designated driver on all occassions! so do i need the RRS? well i could live without it i suppose, but if i was driving any other car, it would be a) just as big if not bigger, and b) same MPG if not worse! If going to the city centre for shopping i would be using our family crap cart of a megane or one of our company cars which most probably would be a our pool car golf. so how would you catch me to put one of ur dumb tickets on? I could be driving past one of ur merry crowd through town and getting a thumbs up in a crap cart, but in reality we have a combination of 13100 CC worth of engine capacity in our various family cars running at any one time or on the driveway any day of the week? And yes if my sisters didn't go to work, you would be loosing a well worked GP with a massive patient list, a Solicitor so loads of peoples property would be stuck and me and my parents who are three accountants looking after the finances of over 350 companies nationwide and employing 20 people.. and no we wouldn't buy a smart car.

We lost a member of our family in a car accident in 2001 on the M69 who was driving a 1999 Ford Fiesta Zetec, a car collided with him and he came off the motorway and the car came apart on impact to a metal railing fence and he passed away. From that day we have always only bought cars with a significant mass and a number of airbags and saefty features as the Police said on their inquest that the car did not take the impact well and the one airbag didn't deploy.

I don't even know why im justifying myself to you, its a free country and the more and more you go on about it, the more im thinking that M5 i saw with a 5000cc engine and a economy of max 20mpg if you're careful and a realistic level of 12mpg sounds quite appealing just to tick you off!

Post #8773 Fri Dec 23 2005 1:07pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

kam100 wrote:
by the way dick wad.. do you not realise, that a lot of people who own these 4x4 monsters that you seemed to have focused all your attention on, also own a number of other cars. So aren't driving them around ALL the time. Some people use them as everyday cars, but as VA said, his other car is actually a mini.

Take me for example, i have my RRS yes, but i only actually drive it about 130-150 miles a week, and total fuel cost = roughly £30 every sunday fill up. I don't do school runs, and i don't drive at rush hour? I use it to lug around a lot of crap sometimes, and mostly travel with one passenger, but on nights out (mostly every night) fill it full of my mates, i don't drink so am the designated driver on all occassions! so do i need the RRS? well i could live without it i suppose, but if i was driving any other car, it would be a) just as big if not bigger, and b) same MPG if not worse! If going to the city centre for shopping i would be using our family crap cart of a megane or one of our company cars which most probably would be a our pool car golf. so how would you catch me to put one of ur dumb tickets on? I could be driving past one of ur merry crowd through town and getting a thumbs up in a crap cart, but in reality we have a combination of 13100 CC worth of engine capacity in our various family cars running at any one time or on the driveway any day of the week? And yes if my sisters didn't go to work, you would be loosing a well worked GP with a massive patient list, a Solicitor so loads of peoples property would be stuck and me and my parents who are three accountants looking after the finances of over 350 companies nationwide and employing 20 people.. and no we wouldn't buy a smart car.

We lost a member of our family in a car accident in 2001 on the M69 who was driving a 1999 Ford Fiesta Zetec, a car collided with him and he came off the motorway and the car came apart on impact to a metal railing fence and he passed away. From that day we have always only bought cars with a significant mass and a number of airbags and saefty features as the Police said on their inquest that the car did not take the impact well and the one airbag didn't deploy.

I don't even know why im justifying myself to you, its a free country and the more and more you go on about it, the more im thinking that M5 i saw with a 5000cc engine and a economy of max 20mpg if you're careful and a realistic level of 12mpg sounds quite appealing just to tick you off!

I agree with Kam - we live in the real world and I don't wish to risk my family - the most precious things in my life just to please some tree huggers. My thoughts are with Kam and his family. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #8776 Fri Dec 23 2005 1:22pm
shmoogle

United Kingdom 

Agreed.

As Kam points out this is a free country, Robin. And where this fact gives you the right to hold your views about the "horrors" of 4x4 usage, manufacture and ownership it also gives the likes of us the right to use these vehicles as we see fit in line with the law of the land. I'm not going to wear my keyboard out unnecessarily by pointing out the countless flaws in your ethos, only to say that you don't have any more right to tell me what car I can drive than I do to tell you which colour your bicycle should be. Unfortunately for you, that is an immutable fact and whatever you say won't change it. Why do you not understand this?

I hope you have a happy Xmas and that you & your family all manage to get at least one hug of your tree in on Xmas Day. Mind you don't get tinsel on your sackcloth tunics. 

Post #8782 Fri Dec 23 2005 2:55pm
Geordiehillbilly

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey

They've (they being the tree huggers) have resorted to mindless vandalism in our neck of the woods. The simpletons key the word TIT (acronym for Tractors in Town apparently) into all of the body panels resulting in a full respray.

Of course the amount of paper used in the insurance claim kills 10 trees.

The person working in the call centre dealing with said claim has to have the cooling on full blast, due to working in conditions not too disimilar to a battery hen, which of course pumps tonnes of CO2 into the atmos.

Blah, blah blah.

So infact, more damage is done to the environment by your car being off the road, than on!!

Well done idiots!

On the good side, my brother is a police man, who often HAS to drive a 4x4 police car (wanna ban these too??) and has caught one of them in the act. Justice.

Post #8823 Sat Dec 24 2005 12:41pm
Robin Sunpower

United Kingdom 
Geordie Hillbilly

I give no support whatever to violence or vandalism. This sort of act is carried out by the mindless minority.
The majority of us are peaceful at all times, like me.

Post #10093 Wed Jan 11 2006 1:17pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 
Re: Geordie Hillbilly

Robin Sunpower wrote:
I give no support whatever to violence or vandalism. This sort of act is carried out by the mindless minority.
The majority of us are peaceful at all times, like me.

yawn! 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #10096 Wed Jan 11 2006 1:24pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12