RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > another tough choice
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

djsaad1

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black
another tough choice

It seems like my car came in today. Java black on black supercharged with all options. But another supercharged black on black came in today too that is a special edition. They gave me a choice on which one I wanted.

I know the special editions dont have the adaptive cruise control, but they do have the stormer wheels and black wood. Either way I am going to end up buying the stormer wheels and black wood for my car but I am wondering how great the adaptive cruise control is, because I would be saving a lot of money by getting the special edition and not having to buy the stormer wheels and black wood.

Anyways anyone have any comments on the addaptive cruise control?

Post #5670 Wed Nov 23 2005 7:46pm
grommet

United States 

Well, do you tend to use cruise control? Will you find it useful that it'll adjust speed? Answer that, and you'll know what to do.

Post #5674 Wed Nov 23 2005 8:39pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

Personally I think the standard 20" wheels look just as good if not better than the 20" stormer wheels Shocked

Why spend all that money for the same thing? as for the black wood.... similar arguement.... Confused

Seems to me you will get all the car and more with the one you ordered. 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #5713 Thu Nov 24 2005 11:03am
Persuader

United Kingdom 
Re: another tough choice

djsaad1 wrote:
It seems like my car came in today. Java black on black supercharged with all options. But another supercharged black on black came in today too that is a special edition. They gave me a choice on which one I wanted.

I know the special editions dont have the adaptive cruise control, but they do have the stormer wheels and black wood. Either way I am going to end up buying the stormer wheels and black wood for my car but I am wondering how great the adaptive cruise control is, because I would be saving a lot of money by getting the special edition and not having to buy the stormer wheels and black wood.

Anyways anyone have any comments on the addaptive cruise control?

Get the Special Edition. Knowing you have a rarer one is gonna be good.
Just my 2p worth. 2013 New Range Rover Sport HSE SDV6
2008 Audi Q7 4.2 TDI
2006 Toyota Vigo Truck 3.0D4D.

Post #5724 Thu Nov 24 2005 12:12pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

If you get a shot at a Special Edition, I'd take it. To me, the Stormers win every time over the standard 20s (although I like those too). The black wood I could take or leave... so it really all swings on the ACC? Personally I've never been one for cruise control anyway - it's always been a function of my recent cars that's remained blissfully unused. From what folks on here have said about the unexpected gear changes and accelerations when ACC is doing its thing, it doesn't sound the most comfortable... 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #5725 Thu Nov 24 2005 12:22pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Did you know that according to the LR brochure you cannot have ACC on any diesel engined Sport....................... I wonder why? It cannot be that the extra vibration of the TD upsets the system as they can "damp" the mountings these days. Ummm interesting............. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #5730 Thu Nov 24 2005 12:59pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1