RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Bluetooth phone together with Cradle Phone
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Tay_pt

Portugal 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
Bluetooth phone together with Cradle Phone

I already did a search, and didn’t find any specific information regarding this… so here it goes.

I use a lot my mobile while I drive, in particular I have to receive a lot of calls. I also use a lot of SMS’s. Some of them I have to keep safe in my mobile.
Since I usually change phones at the most every year it doesn’t seem viable to look for a new cradle each time I change. And so the only solution has been the Bluetooth.
But it really bothers me, and it’s not practical at all, not knowing who’s calling (only numbers show in the panel).
I would like to manage a way around this… and I’m thinking that maybe if I get an old nokia with a different sim to fit permanently in the cradle with the phonebook, when I receive a call it might show the id in the panel. This way I can answer calls with my BT phone and keep the sms’s organized without much problems.

First of all, is this possible? Also with the two phones linked, which one is the primary phone? (the manual is not very clear about this).
Any one has any ideas about this?

Thanks

Post #123489 Fri Jul 06 2007 1:14am
Roland

Switzerland 

I have exactly the same set-up with a Nokia 6230i living in the cradle and a Pearl blackberry connected via BT. I am using the same phone number for the simcards of both phones, means I should only have one phone switched on at the same time. Nevertheless, according to the manual the docked phone always takes preference over the BT set-up.

Roland SOMETIMES YOU'RE THE BUG AND SOMETIMES YOU'RE THE WINDSHIELD

2010 TDV8 Ultimate Edition, zermatt-ebony-grand lacquer, and all the goodies, plus Superchips Bluefin ECU performance upgrade, Gibson Performance exhaust tips

gone after only 7 months: MY10 TDV63.0 HSE, zermatt-ebony-anigree, Dynamic Response, Rear diff-lock, flappy paddles, premium leather, Sunroof, PTI, privacy glass, S/C design 5 Spoke Diamond Turned alloys

Post #123502 Fri Jul 06 2007 6:17am
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Roland wrote:
according to the manual the docked phone always takes preference over the BT set-up.

It does! Thumbs Up 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #123524 Fri Jul 06 2007 9:31am
Tay_pt

Portugal 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Thanks guys for your input.
I still have some practical doubts: Neutral

The dock phone takes preference… but that means that you can only make and receive calls thru the cradle? Or the preference is just for outgoing calls, meaning that if both are connected and I receive a call on the BT, I can answer it thru the PTI?

Roland: But usually do you use the Nokia or the Pearl? Do you have to manually turn off the Pearl, and on the Nokia, or when you open the car the Nokia automatically comes alive?
And if you use the Pearl via BT, does the PTI use the nokia phone book when you receive calls?

Sorry about all this questions... Cool

Post #123543 Fri Jul 06 2007 11:55am
Roland

Switzerland 

Tay_pt wrote:
Thanks guys for your input.
I still have some practical doubts: Neutral

The dock phone takes preference… but that means that you can only make and receive calls thru the cradle? Or the preference is just for outgoing calls, meaning that if both are connected and I receive a call on the BT, I can answer it thru the PTI?

Roland: But usually do you use the Nokia or the Pearl? Do you have to manually turn off the Pearl, and on the Nokia, or when you open the car the Nokia automatically comes alive?
And if you use the Pearl via BT, does the PTI use the nokia phone book when you receive calls?

Sorry about all this questions... Cool

For short drives I leave the cradled phone switched off and use the Pearl via BT. Now if you switch the Nokia off and leave it in the cradle say over night and then start the car again in the morning, the Nokia will be switched on automatically, which is a nuissance if you have the Pearl set-up to connect automatically via BT. Again, I use the same number for both phones, and things like e-mail, etc are getting really messed up if I have both phones switched on, but this may be provider dependant.

...and if you use the Pearl via BT, the car's PTI doesn't access the nokia phone book. SOMETIMES YOU'RE THE BUG AND SOMETIMES YOU'RE THE WINDSHIELD

2010 TDV8 Ultimate Edition, zermatt-ebony-grand lacquer, and all the goodies, plus Superchips Bluefin ECU performance upgrade, Gibson Performance exhaust tips

gone after only 7 months: MY10 TDV63.0 HSE, zermatt-ebony-anigree, Dynamic Response, Rear diff-lock, flappy paddles, premium leather, Sunroof, PTI, privacy glass, S/C design 5 Spoke Diamond Turned alloys

Post #123556 Fri Jul 06 2007 1:15pm
W33 PHL

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Alaska White
Dual Sim...

I have a Nokia N95 but have also bought the Nokia 6230i. and a cradle. I am on the Orange network and requested a 'Dual Sim'. This is a duplicate sim card of your main one. It means you can keep the same number for both phones. I leave the 6230i in the car and this takes presidence when driving.

However, to obtain dual sim you must have a business account.

Hope this helps. http://www.weephillie.com

Post #123719 Sat Jul 07 2007 7:14am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1