RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > [FAQ] WARNING - DOES YOUR FRONT SUSPENSION KNOCK?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 13 of 32 <123 ... 121314 ... 303132>

Bobby

Malaysia 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Chawton White

There were so many of you with this problem and its disappointing that the chorus has suddenly disappeared and will_wonka is now singing solo! Crying or Very sad

Come on guys, if you can't march the streets with him at least provide some moral support here! Wink Malaysia Boleh!
4.2SC Chawton White, Stormers
Tasmod's Sills, Wind Deflectors, LR Sills
Clear Side Repeaters, Towbar
Larini Sports Exhaust, K&N Air Filter

Post #190268 Tue Sep 30 2008 11:30pm
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

Thanks Bobby.....I am beginning to feel like a Bee Gee (The dead one) Exclamation Thumbs Up L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

5 series for the miles Smile

RRS S/C factory built HST - Gone

45 others have been and gone!

Post #190271 Tue Sep 30 2008 11:33pm
rrsjo

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

will_wonka wrote:

Stage 1 nearly complete.

It seems Stages 2 and beyond will be a one man band affair then people Question Whistle Very disappointed. Sad

will-wonka:

By way of the number of readings this subject continues to receive on the forum, I think there are plenty of owners willing to support you. But you will have to make it clear as to what kind of support you are looking for. If you want a list of the vehicles affected by way of listing part of their VIN number then I would suggest a special 'locked' post where only the required information may be added to the list. However, I presume LR already have this particular information from each of their dealers in the form of a defect report - and still choose to ignore the statistics which show owners do not consider the knocking to be an "acceptable characteristic of the vehicle".

Incidently, are owners of the FFRR now reporting this knocking, as I believe it is now equipped with Dynamic Response? Gone - 2008 TDV8, Stornoway Grey, ebony, zabrano trim, TV, Tasmods, mudflaps.

Post #190304 Wed Oct 01 2008 11:11am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

rrsjo wrote:
will_wonka wrote:

Stage 1 nearly complete.

It seems Stages 2 and beyond will be a one man band affair then people Question Whistle Very disappointed. Sad

will-wonka:

By way of the number of readings this subject continues to receive on the forum, I think there are plenty of owners willing to support you. But you will have to make it clear as to what kind of support you are looking for. If you want a list of the vehicles affected by way of listing part of their VIN number then I would suggest a special 'locked' post where only the required information may be added to the list. However, I presume LR already have this particular information from each of their dealers in the form of a defect report - and still choose to ignore the statistics which show owners do not consider the knocking to be an "acceptable characteristic of the vehicle".

Incidently, are owners of the FFRR now reporting this knocking, as I believe it is now equipped with Dynamic Response?

RRSJO,

One would hope that when stage 1 is complete and the outcome of that will determine the need for stages 2 or 3 dependant on a fix, then detail and appropriate action should be taken to a locked posting.

Until such time, lets hope and pray that Monday is a resolution day or at least a pointer with some firm dates for what should now be a permanent fix.............TBH, I am not holding my breath on this one, but LR may well pull a rabbit out the hood !! Thumbs Up L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

Post #190318 Wed Oct 01 2008 1:02pm
wokkaman

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Zermatt Silver

Hi guys, now back in the uk and looking through all the threads.... I hope you do get somewhere, I managed to get "assisted" into a new vehicle after batling with LR. They know the problem and know that its only a matter of time before it really bites them in the arse! Give that they are now suffering the "Credit Crunch" and cutting back on production this maybe the time to make the most noise about our problems as this will be the last thing they will want on top of all the bad news they have...... GONE** RRS 3.0SC Silver fully loaded Smile - 2020 110 loving it
BMW R1200GSA Rallye
GONE** Fiesta ST2 - Mrs Wokka's - AMG35 now
GONE**BMW K1600GTLE Matt Blue
GONE**Disco 4 2014 Firenze Red
GONE**Evoque SD4 Dynamic Coupe
GONE**RRS 5.0 SC
GONE**RRS HSE TDV8
GONE**RRS HSE TDV8 (The Crap one)
GONE**FL Facelift
GONE**FL 1
GONE**D1
GONE**BMW R1200GS Adventure
GONE: Kawasaki ZX10R
GONE: Focus ST2
** Chinook CH47 - 2 x T55 engines 3,750 hp each!! 183mph, 2xM134 Miniguns, 1xM60

Post #190983 Mon Oct 06 2008 11:57am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

wokkaman wrote:
I hope you do get somewhere, I managed to get "assisted" into a new vehicle after batling with LR..

Hmmm Exclamation Spill the beans then....er, old bean L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

Last edited by will_wonka on Mon Oct 06 2008 11:40pm. Edited 2 times in total

Post #190999 Mon Oct 06 2008 12:47pm
Misery

United Kingdom 

wokkaman wrote:
I managed to get "assisted" into a new vehicle after batling with LR.

Tell us more Wokkaman

Post #191011 Mon Oct 06 2008 1:45pm
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

Ok guys and gals.

I have just spent the past week battling with LR in connection with this issue and ultimately for Stage 1 of this little swarey, I bring depressing news Crying or Very sad

Firstly, it seems that the word "characteristic" seems to have disappeared, which is for me good news. Maybe they have realised this issue runs a little deeper than they first thought.

The bottom line is that the statement from LR is "technical are working on a fix". My argument is that they have been stating this for approx. 2 years and WE as customers are expected to wait indefinately. I find this unacceptable. Crying or Very sad

They have issued and confirmed that NO further work will be authorised with regards this issue to all of the dealer networks.

So to cut a long story short, we are expected to shut up and put up until such time that somebody gets pro active within LR and fixes this horrendous and unacceptable issue with our cars.

As one member has recently foind out, no car is exempt, if you do not have noises now, quite simply, you will have sooner or later.

LR customer care are given scripts to read off, so do not expect any flexibility there. They will not put you through to anyone higher than a supervisor, so the wall seems impermeable from their side. The dealers are effectively left with the mess that LR created and LR are in no hurry to resolve it.

I'm not saying that LR have washed their hands of the issue, what I am saying is that there is STILL no confirmed fix time for this and for all we know there may not be one Exclamation We could go on like this for months and potentially years. No commitment in my book = no fix.

So there we have it ladies and gentlemen, if you are planning to sell your car anytime soon and it has the knocking noise, try explaining that to any potential customer. You currently have an unsaleable car outside of the dealer network. Evil or Very Mad

If on the other hand your car does not knock, then pray and hope that you escape this great nightmare. Confused

None of this matters though to be honest, LR are happy, they have had their money and have taken the view that we can all wait, indefinately. I on the other hand have come to the conclusion that if the market was NOT in such a s Censored t state, I would be dumping my entire fleet tomorrow. As it happens, the market is dire, so will for the time being ride around in a Merc SL that was engineered properly and even with its stiffended suspension remains as quiet as a mouse on roads, tracks or whatever.

In summary, very very disappointed and I guess the saying goes, over to Plan B........I await your PM's guys. Thumbs Up

PS: To protect this site and innocent parties, would suggest any planned actions is kept out of the forum, not sure of any legal technicalities, so to be safe, for any future plans, please PM me and I will provide email address. Thumbs Up L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

Post #191593 Fri Oct 10 2008 5:05pm
Josh

United Kingdom 

I have just emailed VOSA and await their response.

I would advise that all affected members also email VOSA in the hope that they will assist in taking Land Rover on for a designed suspension defect which is an MOT failure and potential killer. TDV6 - gone
TDV8 - gone
Audi Q5 3.0 Tdi Sline wef 6/11/10

Post #191602 Fri Oct 10 2008 6:35pm
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

Josh wrote:
I have just emailed VOSA and await their response.

I would advise that all affected members also email VOSA in the hope that they will assist in taking Land Rover on for a designed suspension defect which is an MOT failure and potential killer.

Let us know Josh Thumbs Up L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

Post #191734 Sun Oct 12 2008 9:12pm
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

Ok, for those of you who have had a gutful, please PM me for details of Plan B and the proposed legal action. This offer will remain open for 72 hrs only (from today) if you wish to take part and make this become a "collective" legal pursuit rather than a weak individual that LR will ignore. Make your choice now. Once started it's full steam ahead and not reversible or open to additional names and vehicles.

For those of you who are not suffering, apologies Whistle Thumbs Up L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

Post #191945 Tue Oct 14 2008 3:40pm
2nd Rower

Australia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Chawton White

Personally i don't think apologies are due WW... Any of those owners/ forum members with DR that isn't suffering now, may be suffering at any point in the future.. So any public resolution your efforts may gain will no doubt create a future precedant and course of action for for them to follow.

Although in Oz and without DR, I for one would like to be kept informed of the progress of your efforts. Personally I am certainly hesitant to upgrade to any new RRS (e.g the MY10 TDV8 I desire) if the spectre of potential DR knocking problem exists, with no LR acknowledgement of the fault and a working resolution plan..

Keep up the great effort, and keep us (me) in the loop! Thumbs Up

Post #191988 Wed Oct 15 2008 2:07am
Bobby

Malaysia 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Chawton White

I would second that 2nd Rower! Very Happy

..and Good Luck W_W! Thumbs Up Malaysia Boleh!
4.2SC Chawton White, Stormers
Tasmod's Sills, Wind Deflectors, LR Sills
Clear Side Repeaters, Towbar
Larini Sports Exhaust, K&N Air Filter

Post #192094 Thu Oct 16 2008 12:21am
Josh

United Kingdom 

Excuse the pun Rolling with laughter

I'm not "knocking" any post on this subject on here. But I've just been to my local dealer to get a new side light bulb fitted (charged to maintenance contract Very Happy ) and whilst there asked if they had been instructed by LR not to accept any more warranty claims for the knocking issue.

I was told that was not the case because LR had a legal obligation under the terms of the warranty to repair the vehicle Exclamation

So I'm a little confused Confused

Any Dealers that would like to clarify Question TDV6 - gone
TDV8 - gone
Audi Q5 3.0 Tdi Sline wef 6/11/10

Post #192130 Thu Oct 16 2008 11:56am
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

Obviously not then Josh Exclamation

Latest: Apologies to those that have PM'd me. TBH I have decided that I will wait until after the LR event scheduled within the next few weeks. At that stage, I will be in a better position to advise on next course of action as a collective.

This has just popped into my inbox, so it seems as much as LR are releasing better quality parts, they are not communicating these to both us and the customer service teams. Rolling Eyes

Text as follows:

Has it got the adaptive stability control fitted? ie has it got the hydraulic anti roll bars? these cause a small amount of knocking.

The usual things are anti roll bar bushes, they wear stupidly fast, land rover have just brought out a modification to put shims behind them to stop this. Also the front lower suspension arm ball joints wear, land rover have also brought out an improved ball joint to cure the wear issue. Your dealer should of checked these already though it may be worth mentioning

Now if these are recent mods and releases, WTF are we not being told. Either it is just plain bad communications OR a distinct lack of customer service with a DNGAF attitude. Will pass this to my dealer for clarity and see if something can be thrown on the date of release....unless of course James would like to comment Whistle Whistle Thumbs Up L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

Post #192360 Fri Oct 17 2008 8:07pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 13 of 32 <123 ... 121314 ... 303132>