RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > My Range Rover Sport > 2 Months on, my views
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey
2 Months on, my views

OK, so I have now owned my Supercharged for 2 months (give or take 2 days) and thought prospective and current owners may be interested in hearing my points of view on the car.

Firstly I DO love this car, let’s get that straight from the start. I wanted and required a Range Rover, as I needed a four wheel drive for lifestyle purposes. I also needed a car that was capable of long motorway journeys in comfort. A petrol Range Rover seemed ideal, but then they launched the Sport, and once I had test driven one I wanted it!

I’ve taken it off road and not had to use the Terrain Response yet, it sailed effortlessly through some deep claggy mud ruts and is certainly ‘lively’ on a grassy field when you add some power to the mix! I’ve carried 4 adults around in it, I’ve done long journeys in it, and each time I really enjoy going out, if I don’t drive it for a day or so, I miss it!

I do seem to have been a little unlucky with it though in terms of damage, within the 2nd week I acquired a nice dent in the front of the bonnet which required body-shop work and a full bonnet re-spray (at cost to me of course) Once that was repaired I then sustained a nice stone chip on the new paint, and a deep scratch on the rear bumper (from where or when I have no idea). I also managed to ding an alloy at the weekend in my parent’s driveway, one which I have pulled into a zillion times. I felt like crying!

I was hoping that once I had bought a brand new car I would not be spending as much time in my local dealership as I had with my previous car, where I was constantly getting things fixed and renewed via the warranty. Sadly this has not been the case and I have had to return to the dealer for one reason or another almost every week.

Most of them have been niggly items but here’s my list of issues so far: When you read it you’ll think I am making a mountain out of a molehill but when you buy a brand new car for nigh on £60,000 you expect it to come out of the factory in perfect readiness.

· Car supplied without factory privacy glass as ordered, had to take dealer fit version as compromise
· Car drifting to the left. Solution was a full 4 wheel alignment
· Rear roller blind broken from day one. Replaced
· Phone cradle needed swapping as it would not release the handset

What I also find perturbing is the list of Technical and Service Bulletins that are now on the Landrover GTR site, none of which I have downloaded, but when you read one of them and see what the symptoms and solutions are, it’s easy to feel you are a Grade A Guineau Pig.

I don’t intend to bail out of this car, I bought it for a reason and a purpose and despite the fuel costs of a Supercharged to remind you how much it costs to run, I absolutely love it. I just hope that I stop getting unlucky stone chips and scrapes and can just focus on driving it and enjoying it.

Total Ownership time: 57 days
Total Mileage: 3650 m L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #5514 Mon Nov 21 2005 12:16pm
redtarga

2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Buckingham Blue

RRUK,

Thanks for sharing your experience with your 2 month old RRS.

Glad to hear that you really like the car, but sorry to hear that you had so many problems with it also.

I will be getting mine next week, hope I will have better luck with it. I am selling a Lexus to get the RRS. In my 7 years of owning this Lexus, I have only sent it back to the repair shop twice for faulty manufacturing.

Post #5764 Thu Nov 24 2005 3:47pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1