RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Does the North America RRS come with DVD/TV?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

xLusi0n

Does the North America RRS come with DVD/TV?

I was looking a pictures of some of the screens and noticed that some of the RRS had DVD / TV...it doesn't mention anything about that on the Land Rover USA page...is that only inthe UK?

Can I watch DVDs or TV on my U.S. model RRS?

Post #116989 Sat Jun 16 2007 6:05am
umbertob

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Chawton White

DVDs you can watch, if you order the Rear Seat Entertainment system. No TV in North America, the module is apparently only available as an option in Europe starting with MY2007. 

Post #117374 Sun Jun 17 2007 12:18am
xLusi0n

So if I don't order the rear seat entertainment package, what are my options? Is there an aux port I could hook up a DVD player to or something? Thanks.

Post #117378 Sun Jun 17 2007 4:21am
umbertob

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Chawton White

No AUX video port is included in the Sport w/o RSE (there is and AUX 3.5mm audio input only behind the center console to connect iPods, CD players, etc.) You can get the Nav-TV hack and that will give you a new set of RCA AV ins to hook up any device, including a DVD player, and view it on the front monitor by enabling a "fake" TV input on the front touchscreen. It's an expensive hack but it works, run a search for Nav-TV here or on rangerovers.net for more info. Also, if you just want your rear passengers to enjoy DVD playback, Land Rover sells a dealer installed Rosen unit mounted on the roof. There are many good alternatives from aftermarket manufacturers as well, some of them are sponsors on this forum. 

Post #117379 Sun Jun 17 2007 4:59am
jjb218

2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Zermatt Silver
The Nav-tv is a great option!

Hello, the Rear seat entertainment is a great option, only thing is that you want to add another input, and its mainly for your rear main screen right? Nav-tv has a modue called the OPV-1R, this makes exactly what my friend beofre my post says, it adds a fake Tv option in your screen and removes the lock on the screenif you go faster than 5 or 10 miles, I dont know exact speed, but OEM tv tuner shuts off after speeding a little bit up so you dont get distracted.
If you buy the OPV-1R, you will have that additional input on your front screen ( add a dvd player, Ipod video, video input, tv tuner, etc),YOU GAINthat: it wont shut off after the speed limit ( 5 or 10 miles aprox) AND YOU HAVE CURTAIN NUMBER 2~~~ You can additionally ask NAV-TV to edit your rear video module and whatever is playing on your factory 2 headsets DVD input is showed in your front screen!
Its a great add-on to have and everyone will tell you its expensive, but the quality and features is well worth it!
I have been a dealer fo them for sometime now and people will put up the money for a Land ROver Faster than you think!
Thanks
JJB218
DOmincan Republic

Post #118925 Wed Jun 20 2007 4:10pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1