Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > TDV6 Power upgrades
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Newranger

United Kingdom 
TDV6 Power upgrades

Folks,

Firstly, as a new joiner to this forum, I would like to say that I have found the postings and information extremely useful, so all credit to the members...

I am a newcomer to the 4x4 camp and have just placed an order for an RRS Tdv6, Java Black, Ebony Interior, RSE, Logic 7, Sunroof, Privacy Glass, PTI, which is anticipated for delivery in March 2006 (I can't wait!). The other contenders I had looked at included the X5 and the eagerly awaited new Mercedes ML (which I must say was an anti-climax as the general interior feel of the thing was very disappointing). However, on the RRS side I was smitten by its sheer presence and boldness on the road, something that other drivers just cannot avoid noticing...here's hoping that it meets my expectations.

Whilst I wait for the RRS to arrive, I could do with some help on 3 initial queries:

1. I have seen a number of different adverts/articles on engine re-mapping/power upgrades for the RRS TDV6, which seem to quote different bhp improvements ranging from 30bhp to 50bhp. Do all upgrades achieve the same end result in terms of performance improvement ? Prices also seem to vary considerably so do different providers do things differently ?

2. I ordered the RSE option to ensure the kids are kept entertained on long journeys and to avoid the "are we there yet syndrome?"...I don't believe this comes with a TV Tuner. Can one get a TV option for the RRS RSE as the dealer was next to useless when prompted for the answer ?

3. Is Java Black a real metallic colour ? I have also seen it referred to as Micatallic so what is the difference? Related question...is the wax treatment that dealers try to sell you worth it ? Very Happy

Post #5443 Fri Nov 18 2005 11:08pm
nickp

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Zambezi Silver

Newranger
In answer to your question 2 . I think there is a TV option you can add . Check out www.disco3.co.uk , there is lots of info on there re updgrades to the entertainment system.

Post #5447 Sat Nov 19 2005 12:52am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
grommet

United States 

There is no Land Rover "TV" tuner available currently. You can, of course, retrofit something on... as long as you are willing to spend the money. (The cheapest solution: Plug something into one of the two A/V ports on the RSES.)

Post #5448 Sat Nov 19 2005 1:27am
d3matt

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Bonatti Grey

To answer question 3, the general answer I could find on the newsgroups was 'no, it's a waste of money'. I was also considering it. You'll find the dealers are very keen to sell this (they obviously make a lot of profit from it). Our dear cut the price by 50% when I said no, so if you are considering it, don't accept the first price it is offered at. Matt
-------------------------------------------
RRS ownership for 1 yr, then D3 for 2 yrs. Then cut back to old bangers and working my way back up through two Peugeots in 6 months. Now got Saab 9-5 2.3t and enjoying the performance!

Post #5449 Sat Nov 19 2005 9:32am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Persuader

United Kingdom 

In answer to question 1, I think the upgrade people do it differently as there are different methods ie. plug in box, chip alteration. Bear in mind though that the price dosen't reflect how good the product is. I have had my TDV6 Sport upgraded by "Turbochips" and the result is sensational. Their normal charge is 595+vat. 2013 New Range Rover Sport HSE SDV6
2008 Audi Q7 4.2 TDI
2006 Toyota Vigo Truck 3.0D4D.

Post #5453 Sat Nov 19 2005 10:51am
Newranger

United Kingdom 

Thanks for the replies...I have decided to go with the Turbochip option.

BTW Is it just me or have Land Rover just increased their prices for the RRS? I have just noticed on their website that the base price for the TDV6 HSE is now £44,500 whereas it was £44,000 when I ordered mine a couple of weeks ago!....I guess they are cashing in while demand is high!!

Post #5594 Tue Nov 22 2005 9:52am
LRtuning

2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Cairns Blue

Newranger...welcome to the forum Wink

Post #5677 Wed Nov 23 2005 10:09pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1