Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > MY08 Vibration under acceleration
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123

Lateral5

Australia 
Re: MY08 Vibration under acceleration

Quote:
I remember following this post but it became a bit confused between shimmy and vibration. It definitely feels like a diff issue on my car as it all has to do with load and steering angle. Which dealer did the diff replacement?

Be confused no longer!

1) Shimmy - this is related to the tyre/ wheel balance and the senstivity of the RRS Steering at low speed. It manifests itself as a steering wobble at higher speeds much like when wheels are out of balance. I had my steering rack replaced to get rid of this prob. It is a lot better since that was done.

2) Steering Vibrations - this was a "graunch" or mechanical feel through the steering wheel at the end of gear changes. Felt like something was worn out and being trasmitted through the driveline and steering column. This ended up being the front diff (believe it was a bearing issue that resulted in wearing on the spider gear). I had my torque converter, front hubs, prop shafts and diff replaced which got rid of the issue. I think in the end it was just the diff.....they had to go through a process of elimination.

MLR did the work. RRS TDV6 Bluetooth, VR, Roof

Post #156266 Tue Feb 19 2008 3:47am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
redrover

Australia 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

I definitely fall into category 2. Have you heard of anyone else with diff replacements or are you the first? I am wondering the best way to approach the Sydney dealers with this one... TDV6, MYO7 Java with Ivory leather, 19 inch wheels

Post #156278 Tue Feb 19 2008 8:47am
Lateral5

Australia 

redrover wrote:
I definitely fall into category 2. Have you heard of anyone else with diff replacements or are you the first? I am wondering the best way to approach the Sydney dealers with this one...

RR I sent you a PM Thumbs Up RRS TDV6 Bluetooth, VR, Roof

Post #156313 Tue Feb 19 2008 11:40am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123