RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > LIMP MODE?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

marttin

Northern Ireland 2007 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Adriatic Blue
LIMP MODE?

Hi any help guys....? car still going into limp mode after 50mph and loss of power... Ive had the fuel tank drained as there was a little petrol contamination in diesal engine... car is very smooth in idle and can hear the turbo go in too but just cuts out at around 50... was told just to drive it unitl all petrol is burned out any clues..?

Post #114326 Fri Jun 08 2007 6:50pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Sounds like you need to call out Land Rover Assist and get it trailered/ towed into a dealer mate.
Did you put petrol in by mistake.......................... coz this is a serious serious problem with Land Rovers, it could be that your fuel pump is knackered 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #114328 Fri Jun 08 2007 6:51pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote

United States 2007 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Chawton White

yea man i would say its time to take it to the dealer before more damage is done. James A. Cadet

07 Range Rover Sport S/C
Chawton White

Post #114333 Fri Jun 08 2007 7:31pm
neild.rae

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

I suffered a mental abberration over the weekend and filled my TDV8 with petrol and now have all sorts of wonderful stories emerging from the "drain it out no problem" approach to "£13000+ bill possible mate"!!

The car drove off from forecourt no problems but within 500 yards I had every warning light illuminate - "limited gears avaiable", "park brake failure", "DSC failure" then the crawl mode kicked in. Pulled over, switched off and thought it was an electrical fault. Tried once to lock/unlock and restart but no joy - engine disabled. Called LR Assistance and they agreed that recovery would be needed. Before help arrived I tried to think what may have happened over the previous hour to cause such a fault and the 'wrong fuel' issue crept into my mind. I have never done this before but after removing the fuel cap the smell of petrol was all too familiar!!! Car was transported to local dealer where it now awaits their verdict. Apart from being a total Censored filling up with petrol there is one issue I have with this. I have recently confronted the same dealer with the DSC hydraulic knocking noise issue (following their initial diabolical diagnostic attempts for which they have accepted responsibility) and they offered to resolve the matter by replacing my car with an identical one in exchange + £4000. They propose this would happen in January 2008 so not too bad depreciation for what, by then, would be a 10 month old car. But, playing Mr Cynical, how would I know that they don't, perish the thought of course, take advantage of my fuel error then load a 'repair' bill to balance the scales a bit!

I have thought about waiting for their report then, depending on the figures and work mentioned, taking the car to another dealer for comparison. Am I being wise or just too pessimistic? I've also been told to make an insurance claim on this? Anyone had experience? Neil

Post #136024 Mon Sep 03 2007 11:23am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

I feel your pain. The repair will unfortunately be costly because the petrol has entered the system, it's more to do with labour rather than parts but once repaired it should not affect the value of your RRS one bit. If your insurance lets you claim on insurance it'll be the simplest thing to do but not sure how many ins.companies include this in their policy. I have heard stories of being able to claim off the forecourt owners especially if it's one of the big companies because the diesel pumps are so badly marked.

Best of luck and please keep us informed. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #136027 Mon Sep 03 2007 11:37am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1