RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > No Xenon to Bi Xenon to Tri Xenon
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

stephenw

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Nara Bronze
No Xenon to Bi Xenon to Tri Xenon

All, been playing again. I've always intended to upgrade the lights on our Sport. The roo's down here really worry me, especially without the luxury of a 'Bull Bar'. When I bought the vehicle, I didn't specify the Bi Xenon lights as I intended to replace the low beam with a HID kit (and the OEM ones were so expensive). There are plenty of the kits on e-bay and I've had good experiences with these kits before.

Anyway, while investigating the current system, I found out what the Bi Xenon bit meant. Inside the low beam side of the light, there is a 'flappy thingy' (technical term) that moves out of the way allowing for the low beam Xenon bulb to provide more light on high beam. At the same time the normal halogen bulb in the driving light side comes on.

Options were to replace both halogen bulbs (low and high) with HID kits or buy the OEM HID light unit and just replace the driving light with a HID kit. I just opted to replace the unit with a OEM HID one and upgrade the driving light side with a HID kit. This was possible thanks to the help of another member, trivettrsport, who got me a really good deal on the OEM lights. Also, ivery819, has replaced both halogens with HID kits and reported the low beam too bright for oncoming vehicles.

I've just finished the changeover. I can say that fitting the HID kit to the driving light side is really easy. All up about 30mins each side. All the ballasts and igniters fit inside the light unit so it looks really neat. The only cutting was to the OEM bulb holder. I just had to open it out a bit to accept the new HID bulb. You can see the difference between the original and the worked one below.

Click image to enlarge

This is the holder with the HID bulb fitted.

Click image to enlarge

The next image is the ballast and igniter located within the light housing.

Click image to enlarge

Next is to see how they go at night, but I can say that there is a big difference when I tested them in the garage.

Steve RRS TDV6 MY07 gone.
RRS TDV6 MY10 just arrived!

Post #111233 Sun May 27 2007 1:40am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Kaine

United Kingdom 

Bow down Bow down Bow down

Post #111271 Sun May 27 2007 10:24am
The doc

United Kingdom 

Pure nutter - I like it Thumbs Up

Post #111291 Sun May 27 2007 11:39am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1