RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic > Manchester to London 200 miles.................£11
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 4 <1234>

kam100

United Kingdom 

"Send drivers of urban 4x4s a message they can't ignore with our spoof parking tickets, downloadable from our shop. Email us for a free batch of high-quality printed versions".

If i ever caught anyone apart from a proper traffic warden sticking anything on my car... all i can say is.. self defence..?
"Was being attacked for driving a nice car.. look officer, look at all that crap they have in their pockets ranting on about 4x4's, he was obviously out to kill me!" etc etc..

Not safe, not clean, not cool?? WTF? Cool?? Just like that Tshirt then?

"After reviewing the evidence for the risks to pedestrians of different vehicle designs, scientists writing in the BMJ call for health warnings on 4x4s. They are particularly concerned about the increase in 4x4s on our streets coinciding with an increase in older people in the population because the elderly are four times more likely to die if they are hit by a car."

**** OFF! Well be better to teach pensioners not to walk in the middle of the road then! I think most pensioners and elderly folk have been around long enough to beable to look after themselves, and know the green cross code by heart now! 4x4's are louder then normal cars, so they will probably be more likely to hear us coming!?

WHOA!! Loads of supporters there then!! whats that then? like ur own family and ur best mate?

You people need to get a life and learn more about cars, and the market.
Can i ask, what you actually do for a living, and what car you actually drive yourself? There are far bigger things in this world to worry about then stupid issues such as this, i think you need a hobby.

Yeah most 4x4's aren't the best running cars efficiency wise, but i can think of at least 50 other models of car, which won't achieve even 20mpg..
and no they aren't 4x4's. whats next, target any car above say 1.6 litre?
How can u tell if someone uses their 4x4 off road or not?

Post #5169 Mon Nov 14 2005 12:52pm
noddy and bigears

England 

Shocked well robin sunpower do you think all your sad freinds will now concentrate their protests on the new big and upcoming issues or is that to much like real life .... by the way i also go shooting hunting and fishing what are you veiws on that you t*at

Post #5569 Mon Nov 21 2005 8:21pm
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

Odd isn't it that all these greenies think 4x4's are pedestrian UNfriendly. ie. if someone gets hit by one.

So, we all get on the BUS and increase it's rolling weight, now if THAT hit you I can think of 2 words to describe it. Brown Bread.

Also, agree with others, train ticket to London for me is also £90 standard return economy for rush hour and that does not even gaurantee me a seat!

Where TF is the value in that!?

I worked out once how to get to a customer site by public transport for 9am, as opposed to driving, as I always like to save money, but it was simply SO impractical, waking up at 3am, to catch 4 trains and 2 taxis, cost was about £230...I'm sorry, but you'd have to be some sort of MENTALIST to think that was a good idea as opposed to driving. L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #5573 Mon Nov 21 2005 9:13pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Robin - I bet you're happy about the possibility of more nucleur power stations!!!! Razz Laughing 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #5578 Mon Nov 21 2005 9:58pm
Rob_J

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Very annoyed wrote:
Robin - I bet you're happy about the possibility of more nucleur power stations!!!! Razz Laughing

it's the only solution.....you know it makes sense....after all how else will we generate all that electricity to fuel those hybrids!!! HSE TD6 (Java Black/Ivory)
911GT3 (Guards Red, carbon interior)
ElanSE (BRG)
Panamera Turbo S
Boxster S

Post #5580 Mon Nov 21 2005 10:26pm
LRtuning

2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Cairns Blue

If I want to 'pollute' the atmosphere I'll do it in style in my RR Sport Wink

Post #5678 Wed Nov 23 2005 10:17pm
Robin Sunpower

United Kingdom 

Really appreciate all your comments fellow members, very usefull indeed. Thanks very much.
Kam, the T-shirt has sold out for now, sorry, another bulk batch is being re-ordered, I can reserve you one.
Apologises about our site guys, www.stopurban4x4s.org soon to allow on site messages similar to this forum so you can join in with views and abuse.
Bobby, no I'm not having a laugh, just hope you'll consider higher mpg at least.
yes I know the train can be £100 or so, the post was highlighting £11 Virgin deal, got to be good.
Mr Bean, unfortunately you mess up big time, talking much sense about the benefit of converting petrol V8 to LPG and then go on and ruin everything suggesting it's a good loop hole for not paying the London Congestion Zone Charge,(which because of us will soon be increased to £20!! Very Happy ) and suggest do it just to pee us off.
Well if you converted for the more important reasons, ie: less nasty emissions then perhaps we wouldn't now be seeking to exclude lpg 4 x 4s from the current Congestion Zone exemption. Don't forget we have Mr Ken Livingstone as one of our valued members so your clever idea will probably back-fire... round of applause for Mr Bean
Oh and finally, yes we do have other members who have joined your site but not like me, no in pretence of being keen 4 x 4 enthusiasts.

All we are after if we can't persuade you to ditch your poor choice of unnecessary vehicle then at least look at ways of increasing mpg and reducing emissions.

Reduce the juice, now!

Post #5810 Thu Nov 24 2005 6:49pm
LRtuning

2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Cairns Blue

Robin

Should we be banning older petrol cars also from our cities?

There are many petrol cars over 5 years old that are on our roads that produce as much if not more pollution than current diesel cars.

If we are going to 'ban' or restrict the use of 4x4's then we must be sure it is for the right reason and arguing that 4x4's pollute more than any other vehicle is a 'hollow' unqualified argument.

Let's have a 'level playing field' when it comes to cars that generate pollution; they all do and some do so more than others and they are not necessarily 4x4's Wink

Also, most vehicles with our Turbochip conversion are consuming between 5-15% less fuel...does this mean we should claim that we are an environmentally friendly company?

Post #5812 Thu Nov 24 2005 7:17pm
Rob_J

Robin, at the end of the day you raise some very valid questions about the sustainability of our consumption of finite hydrocarbon reserves & the damage this consumption does to our environment. There is no quick & easy solution to the problem. However......you will not (IMHO) achieve anything without providing a viable alternative...don't push to ban everything, this will only make enemies, provide a sustainable solution. The solution is to eliminate the dependence on hydrocarbons, however as you are well aware there are far to many powerfull influences that will allow this to happen. I work in the hydrocarbons business, the major hydrocarbon companies own many of the patents to alternative technologies & will not develop those while it may harm the hydrocarbon business. Get real these companies run many countries. I've recently worked in a country that was the subject of an attempted coup against one of the most hated dictators in the world. It failed abysmally...why? because the oil companies had the intelligence to stop it, not because the government knew anything about it.

The problem is not with twits like us lot who want to pour our hard earned cash down the drain on petrol & diesel, it's elsewhere & sorry but for all your groups noble huff & puff, you & Uncle Ken will remain but a small insect on the hide of an African bull elephant!!!!

Wow I enjoyed that rant....... think I'm gonna real burn some fuel tomorrow & take the GT3 to work..... Laughing Laughing Laughing HSE TD6 (Java Black/Ivory)
ElanSE (BRG)
Panamera Turbo S
Boxster S

Post #5826 Thu Nov 24 2005 11:25pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Quote:
Don't forget we have Mr Ken Livingstone as one of our valued members

That's not something to shout about. Which one is he in your picture? maybe the one wearing the fashionable t-shirt! Do you also support everything he does? Things that I can not mention on a public forum but you might have read some things in our press. Rolling Eyes 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #5829 Thu Nov 24 2005 11:37pm
Mr Bean

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Bonatti Grey
Nearly missed your post Robin Sunpower!

You're talkin' Censored !
Make your mind up. It's you who's messed up in your post, one minute you say 'all I'm asking if you don't ditch the car then reduce the amout of fuel used' and also say 'we're not against the owners or drivers, just 4 x 4 vehicles' and then in the post above you have a personal go at me because I'm talking about converting to LPG and I fail to praise how green LPG is and just point out the savings compared to petrol.
I couldn't care less. If I was to gas convert another RR (and my current is diesel anyhow) the first reason I'd do would be to save being ripped off at the pump and keep more of my money in my pocket. The fact LPG emmisions suit you lot wouldn't instantly make the owner a lazy greenie.
So you're not really happy about converting to LPG unless we also convert to the same views as you, that's why you want to allow any other LPG vehicles exemption from the London Congestion Zone Charging but not 4 x 4 owners because they have different politics. You are now making even less sense and doing your cause no favours.
What do you really want? Confused

Post #6364 Tue Nov 29 2005 11:01pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

Bring on the nucleur power stations! 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #6373 Tue Nov 29 2005 11:50pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

You could power a hospital from the amout of HOT AIR that comes from Robin S & his buddies 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #6387 Wed Nov 30 2005 12:21am
kam100

United Kingdom 

Robin, Thanks so much for coming onto this forum and providing us with so much entertainment and amusement over the past couple of months.

You know what you can do with that Tshirt don't you? and i presume you have enough intelligence, so that you can work that much out.

Basically, going after end consumers like us is firstly not a very effective approach and just tends to get people wound up, and secondly makes F*** all difference in the whole scheme of things. Oil companies and petrol manufacturers won't allow us to shift onto sustainable energy sources until a system is in place so that it will have as high of a barrier of entry and proprietory protection as they have over oil supplies stopping other competitiors getting in. Lets face it, they are the ones who rule the world and push governments like puppets. Have you ever stepped foot onto foreign soil to places like UAE/Saudia etc, OIL and MONEY talks over there, nothing else.. Until another measure of wealth and measurements of markets can be derived, oil is the only way forward. It may be ruining the earth, but taking off the road the 4x4's in the UK will do what exactly?

The moment we get further nationalised congestion charges and further penalties for driving big cars is the moment we personally move our business abroad and make redundant all our staff. Over time more and more companies are seeing the sense of doing this and are jumping ship, this will cause a knock on in society which will make the UK an even less desirable place to live and do business, and when everything has been relocated to Dubai/India/China, then we will see which chav/kev in england on benefits (who will all that will be left) will give a flying **ck about ur stupid poncy arguments.

Like i said, get a life, get a job, get a new hobby, have u ever tried golf?

Come on, tell us, why do you really hate 4x4's so much?
By the way, when i really put my foot down, i only get 15mpg, how does that make you feel??

Post #7076 Tue Dec 06 2005 5:41pm
Rob_J

kam100 wrote:
The moment we get further nationalised congestion charges and further penalties for driving big cars is the moment we personally move our business abroad and make redundant all our staff. Over time more and more companies are seeing the sense of doing this and are jumping ship, this will cause a knock on in society which will make the UK an even less desirable place to live and do business, and when everything has been relocated to Dubai/India/China, then we will see which chav/kev in england on benefits (who will all that will be left) will give a flying **ck about ur stupid poncy arguments.

Come on, tell us, why do you really hate 4x4's so much?
By the way, when i really put my foot down, i only get 15mpg, how does that make you feel??

A man after my own heart!!! And what am I doing right now between this??? Writing up how I'm going transfer 500 man-years worth of work to Mumbai from London and set up a new office in Mumbai, to support a client in India who has only had the scope to grow because the do-gooders won't let us expand oil refining capcity in Europe & the US.

And if I really floor it in the GT3 I don't even get close to double figures in mpg Laughing Laughing HSE TD6 (Java Black/Ivory)
ElanSE (BRG)
Panamera Turbo S
Boxster S

Post #7081 Tue Dec 06 2005 5:53pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 4 <1234>