RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > RIMINI RED SUPERCHARGED
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

MDP

United Kingdom 
RIMINI RED SUPERCHARGED

The good news is that my local dealer is expecting their demo Supercharged any time now. It is in Rimini Red Cool , so as soon as it lands I shall be out for a good 2hr drive ( more like 2minutes ) however, I shall report on this ASAP and hopefully get some decent photos for this site Very Happy  
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #309 Wed Jun 15 2005 3:47pm
Tim

Netherlands 

Woow... pics!!!
That colour is soo cool Cool 
Owns 2002 Range Rover
Wants a 2006 Range Rover TDv8
or
2006 Range Rover Sport TDv6

Post #313 Wed Jun 15 2005 4:54pm
MDP

United Kingdom 
ITS HERE

Just had call from Dealer...... Smile Supercharged Rimini Red Sport has landed,it needs PDI so when done will go & get some quality pics ASAP. Plus test drive Very Happy  

Post #340 Thu Jun 16 2005 5:01pm
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

one word:

PICS PICS AND MORE PICS PLEASE

more than one word I admit, but pics are my obsession. Rimini is a colur I've not yet seen in the flesh. Hope it looks way better than Alveston, which IMO is one of the lamest colours ever put on a Range Rover. L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #348 Thu Jun 16 2005 6:45pm
Biggles

England 

RRUK,
I saw the RRS in Rimini Red in Manchester on the Land Rover invitation evening. Even though I have had a Java Black on order since last year I still think the Rimini Red colour is brilliant in the flesh.
Have you seen these pictures,

http://www.offroad.lu/range_rover_sport.htm Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #354 Thu Jun 16 2005 11:20pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

Nice pics Biggles, I agree it does look good. I see that this particular HSE has had the dynamic pack..... inc Brembo brakes.

I'll be in the dealership sat /am with camera. Embarassed 

Post #366 Fri Jun 17 2005 10:37am
Tim

Netherlands 

Very nice colour!!! 
Owns 2002 Range Rover
Wants a 2006 Range Rover TDv8
or
2006 Range Rover Sport TDv6

Post #371 Fri Jun 17 2005 12:56pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

Sorry I've had a very busy weekend, but did manage to pop up to dealer.The supercharged was in but still not PDI'd so only took a few pics which I will post later. Must say though it sounded superb & I am looking forward to driving it later in the week. Very Happy 

Post #414 Mon Jun 20 2005 10:04am
Ant

England 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue
RIMINI RED TD HSE

I have just uploaded a couple of pics of my Rimini Red TDV6 HSE for those of you still interested. They were taken in Austria on holiday, perfect op. to test the performance on the autobahn. Very Happy Car seems to be speed limited at an indicated 115mph, thought they were supposed to do 120?! Anyone else know about this?

The car was supposed to be the local dealer's launch car which they let me have instead on 31st May - very nice of them.

Have been wondering whether it would have been better to wait for an early black car, but from your posts you all you guys seem to think the red is a nice colour. Let me know what you think

Post #871 Fri Jul 08 2005 7:52pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Nice Pics Ant. What sort of mpg were you getting at those speeds. The Diesels may be limited to a lower speed because of the higher profile tyres..............
Also if you had lowish miles it might have been the ECU limiting the revs in the bedding in period....................... don't know if they are that clever but anything is possible these days. Laughing

Post #879 Sat Jul 09 2005 11:11am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Bobby

Malaysia 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Chawton White

Tim in Scotland wrote:
Nice Pics Ant. What sort of mpg were you getting at those speeds. The Diesels may be limited to a lower speed because of the higher profile tyres..............
Also if you had lowish miles it might have been the ECU limiting the revs in the bedding in period....................... don't know if they are that clever but anything is possible these days. Laughing

Tim, Does the computer really do that? Limiting the revs during the break-in period? Malaysia Boleh!
4.2SC Chawton White, Stormers
Tasmod's Sills, Wind Deflectors, LR Sills
Clear Side Repeaters, Towbar
Larini Sports Exhaust, K&N Air Filter

Post #880 Sat Jul 09 2005 11:27am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

No idea Bobby............... none whatsoever, but these things are so clever these days that anything is possible. The ECU certainly remembers faults and "out of parameter" events that get downloaded onto the service agent's diagnostic system. It can also reset the engine in the event of certain "catastophic" events to allow a "limphome" mode.
When I was running in both my TD4 and the TD6 there were notable improvements in performance and fuel consumption at about 3000, 5000 and 8000 miles and I wondered if that had been "programmed" in so that as the engine loosened up the ECU allowed a wider envelope of operating parameters without stressing the engine.

Post #881 Sat Jul 09 2005 12:51pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Bobby

Malaysia 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Chawton White

OK Tim. Many thanks.
Looks like I have to wait for my SC to try this out. Malaysia Boleh!
4.2SC Chawton White, Stormers
Tasmod's Sills, Wind Deflectors, LR Sills
Clear Side Repeaters, Towbar
Larini Sports Exhaust, K&N Air Filter

Post #882 Sat Jul 09 2005 12:58pm
Ant

England 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

Tim in Scotland wrote:
Nice Pics Ant. What sort of mpg were you getting at those speeds. The Diesels may be limited to a lower speed because of the higher profile tyres..............Laughing

Tim, was getting around 25-26 for the whole journey (750 miles) but that was averaging around the 90mph mark, only tried the top end a couple of times. Still not bad for a 2.5 tonne truck though!

Post #1082 Thu Jul 21 2005 9:52am
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

I don't believe they are electronicaly limited to stop you doing anything you shouldn't while it is running in, they could not justify that, imagine a situation where your car was still being run in, but your wife needs rushing to a doctor or hospital and you REALLY need to go faster than you would do normally...if your car was limping along it could have very bad consequences. Shocked

I test drove a new model M5 when it came out a few months ago, and they are extremely strict and vigilant about running in the 'M' cars properly, in fact the warranty is dependent on it all being done by the book, it even has a running in service at 1200 miles, but even so, on the demo car I took out, the dealer allowed me to open it up more than I would have if it had been my own car. Certainly no gizmos got in my way that day.If any car was going to have a computer to stop you, that was it, so I doubt the RRS will have one. (It doesn't even have a TV Tuner either... Evil or Very Mad )

I think its better left to common sense, if you run your car in gently you reap the rewards in its later life, with reliability, mpg and smooth running. My dad was always an 'cruiser' rather than a 'blaster' and years ago he had some work done on one of his Jags, it had just done 120K and the mechanics said you could not tell from the internals of the engine it was such a high miler. Proof positive. L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #1086 Thu Jul 21 2005 10:53am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>