RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Build dates
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Rob_J

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
Build dates

so tell me. When a dealer quotes you a build date from the factory what does this actually mean? And what is the realistic delivery date from that build date.

I have a suspicion I'm being given the run around. I was also told that I couldn't change specs...yet if it's not gone for build, this doesn't make sense to me.

Anyone got an thoughts? HSE TD6 (Java Black/Ivory)
911GT3 (Guards Red, carbon interior)
ElanSE (BRG)
Panamera Turbo S
Boxster S

Post #5001 Wed Nov 09 2005 11:21am
MDP

United Kingdom 

Rob - once your car has gone into build & given a chasis number, then I reckon a couple of weeks should do it. To give you some idea of a time schedule see the link for My RRS.

http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=356

The build date is when its scheduled to actually go through the factory production line. Once a car is ordered there is a small window of time inorder to change your spec, but once the order gets so far down the line within the factory computorised system - thats it! 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #5003 Wed Nov 09 2005 11:58am
Rob_J

Cheers, Martin seems my build date is 28th, so early Christmas present to myself on the cards!! Very Happy HSE TD6 (Java Black/Ivory)
ElanSE (BRG)
Panamera Turbo S
Boxster S

Post #5004 Wed Nov 09 2005 1:46pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Rob, the dealer should contact you 48-72 hours before the build date and confirm the spec, within 24 hours of build you cannot change the spec. This info came to me from my local dealer whi also happens to sell meore Landies in Scotland than all the other delaers so they SHOULD know about these things!
Must admit though that the Sport and the TD6 RR that I bought from them were both taken from their stock of cars in the compound. The last car built to order that I had was the Freelander TD4 that I bought in 2000. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #5005 Wed Nov 09 2005 1:57pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Rob_J

Oh I despair, just spoke to dealer again, he insists can't be changed now (I'm only talking about PTI, by the way), but he can do a Landrover dealer fit for me...I'm losing the will to live over this...so can't really be bothered anymore Confused HSE TD6 (Java Black/Ivory)
ElanSE (BRG)
Panamera Turbo S
Boxster S

Post #5008 Wed Nov 09 2005 2:23pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

Rob_J wrote:
Cheers, Martin seems my build date is 28th, so early Christmas present to myself on the cards!! Very Happy

Rob as I see it once your car has been given a build date ( 28th ) thats it, LR wont allow any changes on or within the system. Im my case the car I ordered was already a dealership ordered car ( they had not long put in an order for a showroom vehicle for themselves without a customer lined up ) it was on silver & when I approached them for a Supercharged , I asked what had they got ? I was told of this silver but I wanted Black and Privacy glass...... and he said he would check if "still" able to change spec/order? I was lucky and just in time, bear in mind I ordered it in June & build wasnt until September. 

Post #5009 Wed Nov 09 2005 3:01pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Rob, beware that your salesman doesn't suffer from an allergic reaction to doing work for his customers. Too many dealers aren't interested in doing anything for their customers once the order's gone through and they have the sale against their targets for the month. If your build date really is 28th Nov on the system, then there's no reason why it still can't undergo spec changes at this point - that's 3 weeks off! The production line has absolutely no interest in the spec of your car this early.

I would ring around a couple of other dealers and ask them the same question - see what they say? If you can get other dealers to tell you that spec can be changed up to a few days before build, then I'd go back to yours and ask him why he can't make the changes. 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #5010 Wed Nov 09 2005 3:03pm
BBlackRRS

If your dealer isn't going to lift a finger for you, tell him that you are considering going somewhere else for your RRS, this is total baloney. I didn't wait for factory PTI because I actually "needed" a car in general. But now I wish I had waited.

By the way, have you read on about how much of a nightmare the dealer installed phone system is?

Post #5011 Wed Nov 09 2005 3:22pm
Rob_J

it really is a bad day with the car dealers.....dropped the Porsche off for a service this morning, having booked it in a month ago with a specific request for a part to be installed.....they've just called back saying all been done except the part I'd specifcally requested, which they've just orderd & should be in from Stuggart in around 4 days & could I drop it back in then... Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad HSE TD6 (Java Black/Ivory)
ElanSE (BRG)
Panamera Turbo S
Boxster S

Post #5013 Wed Nov 09 2005 5:29pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

If only CARLSBERG were a car dealership?

They'd propbably be the best in the world.......... Wink 

Post #5014 Wed Nov 09 2005 5:42pm
d3matt

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Bonatti Grey

Rob_J,

When I book our cars in to a garage for work or a service, I send them a fax detailing what is required and any parts that I know are needed - in a hope that having something in writing makes them order the parts in in advance. It rarely works. It's amazing how many faxes go missing Evil or Very Mad Matt
-------------------------------------------
RRS ownership for 1 yr, then D3 for 2 yrs. Then cut back to old bangers and working my way back up through two Peugeots in 6 months. Now got Saab 9-5 2.3t and enjoying the performance!

Post #5016 Wed Nov 09 2005 6:04pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Rob_J wrote:
Oh I despair, just spoke to dealer again, he insists can't be changed now (I'm only talking about PTI, by the way), but he can do a Landrover dealer fit for me...I'm losing the will to live over this...so can't really be bothered anymore Confused

He's doing it that way so he can make even more money out of you! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #5017 Wed Nov 09 2005 6:15pm
Rob_J

mpwox11 wrote:
Rob_J,

When I book our cars in to a garage for work or a service, I send them a fax detailing what is required and any parts that I know are needed - in a hope that having something in writing makes them order the parts in in advance. It rarely works. It's amazing how many faxes go missing Evil or Very Mad

Matt, they even had it written down on the damn job sheet, that it was to be done but forgot. Still the coffee & danishes are far better than in the LR dealership!! Laughing HSE TD6 (Java Black/Ivory)
ElanSE (BRG)
Panamera Turbo S
Boxster S

Post #5024 Wed Nov 09 2005 8:47pm
Smarticus

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

Rob_J wrote:
Oh I despair, just spoke to dealer again, he insists can't be changed now (I'm only talking about PTI, by the way), but he can do a Landrover dealer fit for me...I'm losing the will to live over this...so can't really be bothered anymore Confused

Rob, I can really relate to your angst. I ordered a RRS about 10 years ago (ok so I am exagerating a bit but it was about April). Foolishly I ordered a colour I had never seen in the flesh (Artic Frost) but got everything else right. My delivery date is December 27th but my dealer insists that Land Rover won't allow him to change the colour (and hasn't been able to for well over a month). It really Censored me off that Land Rover cannot do this. Land Rover show off that their paint spray machinery can paint any car any colour in any order coming through the shop and the machinery automatically reads a bar code on the vehicle to pump the right mix. It would take someone at Land Rover seconds to change that but they refuse to do so. Its not even as if they have to order something different from their suppliers to be able to do so as paint is stored in bulk. I confess this matter has really caused me to question whether I even want a RRS at all, and that is from someone who is a self confessed Land Rover anorack.

Post #5025 Wed Nov 09 2005 9:45pm
Rob_J

Well the dealer also added that LR are just currently changing all their computer systems at the factory, so there's a few problems getting current data....so fingers crossed the system will print totally duff barcodes & they'll drop a supercharged engine in my diesel & only charge me for the diesel.....however knowing my luck they'll send me a Maya Gold, with alpaca leather & wood finish (apologies to anyone with that combination) Smile HSE TD6 (Java Black/Ivory)
ElanSE (BRG)
Panamera Turbo S
Boxster S

Post #5027 Wed Nov 09 2005 11:05pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>