RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Bluetooth Problem
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

rweintra

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Java Black
Bluetooth Problem

I have a problem which isn't hard to solve but pain in the neck anyway. I thought maybe someone here would have a better solution.

If I keep bluetooth active on my phone all the time and then I get into the RRS, sometimes the vehicle doesn't tell me that the phone is attached. When I try to make a call, I can use the voice activation, but as soon as I say "Dial" it goes right back to the radio.

So, if I reboot the phone it picks it up. I don't have the phone on "battery save" which I thought may have been the issue. Once the phone is connected to the vehicle, it never loses sync, its just that initial time that it won't pick it up.

Any sugestions??

Post #8860 Sun Dec 25 2005 6:22pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 
Re: Bluetooth Problem

rweintra wrote:
I have a problem which isn't hard to solve but pain in the neck anyway. I thought maybe someone here would have a better solution.

If I keep bluetooth active on my phone all the time and then I get into the RRS, sometimes the vehicle doesn't tell me that the phone is attached. When I try to make a call, I can use the voice activation, but as soon as I say "Dial" it goes right back to the radio.

So, if I reboot the phone it picks it up. I don't have the phone on "battery save" which I thought may have been the issue. Once the phone is connected to the vehicle, it never loses sync, its just that initial time that it won't pick it up.

Any sugestions??

It is probably your phone not automatically accepting the cars system. Check your phone's settings for automatically connect or something similar. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #8861 Sun Dec 25 2005 6:38pm
rweintra

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Java Black

It was set on auto-connect. Thats why I was so puzzled.

Post #8867 Mon Dec 26 2005 6:51am
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

rweintra wrote:
It was set on auto-connect. Thats why I was so puzzled.

Is your phone one of the LR approved phones? Others may work but not all the functions. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #8868 Mon Dec 26 2005 9:20am
RAD

Scotland 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

One problem that may occasionally cause your phone not to attach to your car is simply that you pressed the door release for car which activates the Bluetooth system and starts looking for your phone…….but you were out of the BT transmit range.

If it drops out first time you then have to activate your phone to “find” the RRS and it will then make connection. Alternatively lock your car wait a minute for it to drop the BT connection and then unlock the car again.

This problem seems to happen quite often with Motorola’s…..but its really not a big deal, just be within BT range when you unlock your car….it works for me.

Post #8872 Mon Dec 26 2005 6:39pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1