RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Little advice needed when buying a used RRS
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

boyd

2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Adriatic Blue
Little advice needed when buying a used RRS

Hi, I am about to buy a late (november)2005 TDV6 RRS SE with 36000km ,and have no clue on which points I have to watch when buying one of these beauties.

Could you experts please help me out here.

Thanks a lot in advance,regards from Barcelona
Boyd

Post #105907 Sun Apr 29 2007 9:42pm
aljo

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

welcome boyd Thumbs Up 

Post #105912 Sun Apr 29 2007 9:45pm
ENVOY

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Arctic Frost

Welcome boyd

Make sure it has its full service history, and that all of the factory ecu upgrades and modifications have been done Thumbs Up some of my Previous cars
--------------------------------
P38 Range Rover Autobiography
RRS 2.7 HSE Silver
RRS TDV8 HSE silver
FFRR Vogue black
Disco3 HSE silver
RRS 2.7 HSE silver
RRS 3.0 HSE BALTI BLUE
AC Cobra
Landrover Defender 90
Landrover Defender 110
Suzuki Jimney

Post #105913 Sun Apr 29 2007 9:45pm
The doc

United Kingdom 

Welcome,

First point - Dont buy my old one

Second point - Dont buy my old one Thumbs Up

Post #105929 Sun Apr 29 2007 10:07pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Boyd, I wouldn't say that a November 05 car is "late" - it's 18 months old, and a relatively early production! It's also relatively high kms on it for the age - 26000km is approx 20000 miles so it must have spent a fair bit of time on the autoroutes/motorways. Being an SE it doesn't have too many electric toys to go wrong, but if it has the optional satnav check that it has been updated to the latest software and maps. Same goes if it has the HK Logic 7 Premium HiFi system - check that it has the latest software upgrades. Try and screw the dealer to do the latest software for the PTI if it also has it ( it was an option on the SE not standard). Important also to check any 4x4 with transfer box (Hi and Low ratio gearboxes) that it changes between hi and lo without any fuss - everybody SHOULD be operating it every couple of months (in fact I would say that only the 1-2% of owners that do offroad their RRS will be the only folks that ever do this) otherwise you can have expensive gearbox repairs if it doesn't work and you want to take the car offroading. Also open the bonnet and see if it has the fuel burning heater fitted (it might not have been a standard item in the Spanish market, but a few early cars came off the line without them fitted), it helps the car warm up more quickly on cold mornings. Check the suspension raises and lowers fully, Take a flat head screwdriver to the dealers and remove the tow bar blanking plate in the rear valance and check if there are any electrics fitted behind the plate - if there are then open the boot and lift the floor and look in the tray of tools to see if the removable towbar is still there, otherwise ask the dealer to replace the one that should be there, they have removed it so they can sell you another one! If no electrics then the car won't have done any towing - if there are electrics then try to find out what the previous owner was towing - RRS like all Land Rovers are popular towcars. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #105939 Sun Apr 29 2007 10:43pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1