Page 2 of 2 <12

MDP

United Kingdom 

just got in from lunch and noticed mine dip to 13.9 Crying or Very sad 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #4903 Mon Nov 07 2005 1:59pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Is this your sperm count or MPG? Laughing 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #4904 Mon Nov 07 2005 2:00pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

Very annoyed wrote:
Is this your sperm count or MPG? Laughing

Its that time of year - cold starts = < performance Wink 

Post #4905 Mon Nov 07 2005 2:13pm
Mr G in NYC

United States 

I am getting under 11 mpg driving around Manhattan at approx
average speed of 9mph!!!!!!!! Now I know why I only use the
car once a week !!! On my scooter most of the time at $4 to fill
it and a tank lasts 200 miles !!! and insurance is $55 per year !!
How ever winter is coming.......so will be in the RR more often
than not !!!!!how ever come the summer I will be back on the
old Vespa !! with the annual service bill at $78 !!

Post #4953 Tue Nov 08 2005 1:24am
Gazzer

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Mr G in NYC wrote:
I am getting under 11 mpg driving around Manhattan at approx
average speed of 9mph!!!!!!!! Now I know why I only use the
car once a week !!! On my scooter most of the time at $4 to fill
it and a tank lasts 200 miles !!! and insurance is $55 per year !!
How ever winter is coming.......so will be in the RR more often
than not !!!!!how ever come the summer I will be back on the
old Vespa !! with the annual service bill at $78 !!

Pukka! Laughing 2010MY Land Rover Freelander 2 HSE
Santorini Black with Ebony Napoli Leather

Post #5051 Thu Nov 10 2005 10:36am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

OK I'm about to fill up with either Optimax or Ultimate Diesel before setting out to drive from Stirling to Southampton. My tank is down to less than 1/4 on the gauge and the range remaining is 120 miles. It will take me 16 miles to get to the nearest Shell or BP station and I have a few miles of other local driving which should get me down to about 10 litres remaining before I refill.
My Sport has only ever run on supermarket diesel so I am trying to get it as low as possible before the refill but what I would like to know before 3pm/10th is what is the price per litre of these fancy fuels compared to ordinary stuff as the prices never seem to be put up on the hoardings. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #5052 Thu Nov 10 2005 10:42am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MDP

United Kingdom 

Filled up with BP ultimate this week for the 1st time to see how I get on. It cost me 99p per litre 

Post #5073 Thu Nov 10 2005 12:39pm
Slimer

United Kingdom 
Re: MILES PER GALLON..

shmoogle wrote:
kam100 wrote:

Nice view over Guildford, kam... it looks some distance away - where was it that you took the photo from, do you know?

Cheers
Steve

Hi RRSporters, just popped over from Martin's other site to see what you guys are getting up to and discover you've been in my neck of the woods!. The photo must have been taken at the top of The Mount, only place you get that sort of view in Guildford that I can think of and if you could see the High Street on the way down it must have been.

Very annoyed, I'd be interested to know what off-road sites you're talking about, I can't think of any around here that wouldn't leave your paintwork seriously scratched up! But if they're good and you fancy a RRS and D3 meet up let me know Smile

Cheers
Si

PS. I can get over 35 MPG on a decent run in my D3 Very Happy , normally average 28-30 on the daily 46 mile round trip to work and back which can involve far too much time sitting in traffic Sad

PPS. BN is organising another off-road day at Rockingham, I think there's a few spaces left if any of you fancy it http://disco3.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1757 

Post #5086 Thu Nov 10 2005 8:52pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Slimer

There a are a couple of easy ones around East Horsley and Bookham - I'm not yet confident to try anything too adventurous but I have been told there are some better ones around Send. If you know of any please let me know. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #5095 Thu Nov 10 2005 11:19pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
Disappointment all round on the uneconomy run!

OK guys, just home from my round trip from Stirling to Southampton (well the New Forest really) and oh boy was the economy disappointing........... 32.4 was but a distant dream as on the southward run I only managed 28.9mpg, admittedly driving into last Friday's gales and getting stuck for 45 minutes on the M8 instop start road works didn't help. The trip north today was a little better, but getting stuck in 2 mega traffic jams (at M6/M5 interesction, 1.5hours of crawling - thank goodness it's got an autobox! and again on the M8 15 miles of stop start in the rush hour traffic through a new round about being built at Cumbernauld.) didn't help but at least I cracked the 30mpg and nearly the 31 mpg as I managed to get 30.8mpg coming north. Both runs were in "boring Oold Fart", sat at 70 on the cruise wherever possible mode and sat at the speed limit in the roadworks sections - I suppose if I had trimmed the speed back to 65 I might have done better....................... and I did have a couple of stress relieving bursts up to rather high speeds. I wonder if the car still only having 4000 miles on it has made any difference? I also had to top up the engine oil before I left as the wire with plastic beads (it ain't no dipstick and is very difficult to read on the TDv6!) showed that the level was on the top of the bottom bead, find how high the level was after putting in 1.5litres of Castrol's best Magnatec was pretty difficult too as the clean oil just doesn't show on the wire so I may have overfilled the engine...........
Anyway, what else of note from my trip - well I managed to get 370 miles on an indicated 1/2 tank but then the neddle just plummeted, I still had 1/4tank when I refuelled with Shell Extra Diesel at Cumbernauld with the cheapest fuel I bought in 5 days - 91 ppl, the fuel down south was 95ppl. I was unable to fill up with Optimax or BP Ultimate before leaving Stirling as the local garages don't carry either so the trip south was made with Sainsbury's best at 94ppl.
The car's comfort is not as good on a long trip as the RR's was but then I wasn't exactly uncomfortable. I managed the trip north with 2 comfort stops for me and a stop at Tebay Services for a late lunch at 4pm, no fuel was put in on the Motorway trip at all.

I sighted only 2 RRS's under their own steam on the way south, one might even have been Biggles on his way to work on Friday morning, but passed transporter load after transporter load headed for the docks from Solihull south - loads and loads of Vesuvius S/Cs and White HSE's are headed out to new owners somewhere! Now I have seen RRS's in White, the more I want one, it looks really good in white same as the big RR. Coming north again I only saw 2 under their own steam on the motorway, one was a Vesuvius 1st Ed S/C which came up alongside me on the M6 this afternoon and stayed alongside for about 5 miles before storming off and was last seen leaving the motorway at J35 and passed over me as it headed east round the overhead roundabout. Apart from that one the other 3 I saw were all black ones.

My TD6 RR was more economical on the same run - in 4 trips it never returned less than 31mpg, albeit that the car had more than 10k miles on it. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on Wed Nov 16 2005 10:32am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #5237 Tue Nov 15 2005 8:32pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Rob_J

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
Re: Disappointment all round on the uneconomy run!

Tim in Scotland wrote:
but passed transporter load after transporter load headed for the docks from Solihull south - loads and loads of Vesuvius S/Cs and White HSE's are headed out to new owners somewhere! Now I have seen RRS's in White, the more I want one, it looks really good in white same as the big RR.

On many cars white doesn't seem to work, but have to agree the RRS don;t look too bad at all. Unfortunately almost as much as with black I think they need to be kept very clean & polished to look good. On the day I ordered the Sport they had just got in a white 4.4 that had been fully color coded except for thr pillars. I have to admit it actually looked quite good, without being "bling". Under-rated color in my opinion & always reminds me of hot/sunny climates!! HSE TD6 (Java Black/Ivory)
911GT3 (Guards Red, carbon interior)
ElanSE (BRG)
Panamera Turbo S
Boxster S

Post #5249 Wed Nov 16 2005 8:55am
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Tim in Scotland wrote:
32.4 was but a distant dream

That surprises me a little on such a long trip. Went to stay with friends this weekend in the Cotswolds. Filled up at home and reset counters... managed 28.4 out there. Reset again coming back and managed 29.1 so I can see my mpg increasing as the engine beds in. It's a 200 mile round trip. In daily use though, on local trips, I'm still only getting 23/24mpg. 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #5264 Wed Nov 16 2005 10:30am
kam100

United Kingdom 

i have rather a heavy foot round town, and as i drive only short distances to work and back and through traffic i was only getting 19mpg before, i now have close to 7k miles and am getting 22mpg average.

I think a few long blasts will open the engine up nicely and it will perform better over time.. im content if its over 20mpg though, anything below and ill always think why didn't i just get the SC model!

Post #5276 Wed Nov 16 2005 12:42pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12