RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > FIX = for noisy windscreen wipers
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

MDP

United Kingdom 
FIX = for noisy windscreen wipers

Simple fix for noisy wipers is to replace the blade/wiper itsef. I have been experiencing drivers side very squeaky/noisy blade. Tried cleaning wiper/screen but made no difference, it was just as bad even when driving in a down pour.

In the end I decided on trying a new wiper blade. Cost from LR parts £4.03 inc VAT.
Very easy to change ( less than a minute ) BLISS no more noise Very Happy

I can only presume the odd wiper/blade is subject to poor material/substance/make-up? Happy Days 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #4809 Fri Nov 04 2005 3:51pm
d3matt

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Bonatti Grey

Glad to hear it is fixed (for now! Laughing )
My wipers are driving me mad - the drivers side squeeks and judders terribly. Dealer ask me to take it in when it is raining - not had the chance yet. I might just call up there and buy a wiper blade if they only cost that much. Matt
-------------------------------------------
RRS ownership for 1 yr, then D3 for 2 yrs. Then cut back to old bangers and working my way back up through two Peugeots in 6 months. Now got Saab 9-5 2.3t and enjoying the performance!

Post #4823 Fri Nov 04 2005 5:25pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MDP

United Kingdom 

Matt If I were you - then try a new blade for £4.03 - it sorted mine & its quicker than trying service/warranty for what its worth. Its like taking "THAT" tablet to cure your hadache - NO MORE NOISE Very Happy 

Post #4824 Fri Nov 04 2005 5:31pm
d3matt

Martin,

I just went to my local LR dealer near Oxford this morning to pick up new wiper blades, but they didn't keep them in stock. They have never stocked them yet and haven't yet sold any either. They were surprised I wanted some.

Anyway, they costs £14.10 inc VAT each. How come you got yours so cheap? Do you have a part number so I can compair them?

I've ordered them. Should be at the dealers on Thursday. Matt
RRS ownership for 1 yr, then D3 for 2 yrs. Then cut back to old bangers and working my way back up through two Peugeots in 6 months. Now got Saab 9-5 2.3t and enjoying the performance!

Post #4963 Tue Nov 08 2005 11:37am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MDP

United Kingdom 

Matt I will get you the part number later ( havnt got it at work ) but reason for good low price - I moaned at warranty work for the rear numbr plate illumination lamp that was broken & service taking too long to obtain part.

Service/warranty operate differently to PARTS ( crazy I know ) so the chap in parts discounted the blade and lamp as much as he could.

You could try swapping the wiper blades over? if you are only getting noise from one of the blades? See if this eliminates any noise?

But bear with me for the part number - may get it over lunch time ish? 

Post #4964 Tue Nov 08 2005 12:14pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

Sorry for late response but here is the part number for the blade Matt

DKC500161PMD [ description ] Blade assy - wiper unit price £3.43 + vat
cheers

MDP 

Last edited by MDP on Mon Nov 14 2005 11:48am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #4984 Tue Nov 08 2005 8:14pm
d3matt

Wiper noise found to be faulty blade

I collected my new wiper blade today - cost £14.10. I fitted it this evening (in the rain!) and found that the original is damaged. The rubber blade as come away from the metal band. This has obviously been the cause of the noise and juddering. It has been doing this since the car was about four months old. Bearing in mind the wipers haven't been used during the summer, the wiper blade maybe has only lasted less than 100 swipes of the screen!
See picture of the damage at http://www.rrsport.co.uk/gallery/displayim...&pos=0

I'll have a go at gluing the rubber blade back on. It would be a handy spare for the frosty winter mornings (saying that this is the first car I've had with a heated windscreen, so I'm looking forward to see how well that works!).

I’ve just driven the car in the rain for 15 mins, and most of the noise has gone , however, the wipers are still not as quiet as they were when new and still ‘clonk’. Still not impressed with the wipers on the Sport.

Also, have you noticed that wiper arms don't lift up properly? They only allow the wipers to be lifted off the screen by a few inches. It makes it very difficult to reach the middle of the screen to change the wipers. I tried turning the ignition off when the wipers were vertical to make it easier, but then they still park themselves (which I've never seen a car do before). Matt

Post #5121 Fri Nov 11 2005 7:11pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1