RRSPORT.CO.UK

    Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Tips & Tricks > BLUETOOTH FIX - Blackberry (some other phones too)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 6 <123456>
 
4wheeldriver



Member Since: 13 May 2009
Location: Aberdeen
Posts: 954

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 Autobiography Stornoway Grey

I've a Blackberry 9000 and according to the landrover website I wont be able to download my phonebook same as in the XC90 but the xc you can store numbers by voice control rather than play with the phone while driving. Question I guess is will the hack at the start work for the 9000, can I store numbers and names by voice or am I screwed? lol Current, M135i in Estoril Blue with more extras than the cast of Ben Hur.

535d m-sport Platinum grey and a few extras.... Gone

X5 3.0 sd in Space Grey, 20's, Dynamic Pack, Memory Pack, Media Pack, Tow Pack, Rear DVD, Panoramic Sunroof, Steps, 7 Seat Pack, Reversing Camera with moving lines, programmable park heat, etc etc etc - Gone

Range Rover Sport Santorini, privacy, dvd, towpack GONE!!!

Post #226288 Thu May 21 2009 3:43pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
timcom0



Member Since: 11 Jul 2009
Location: Sheffield
Posts: 223

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Hi All
I have the BT kit and was looking for a way to link to car for contacts
for N95 and on looking at the post realized that my car is speaking french or spanish
when i trigger the voice activation toggle. Have tried looking in the manual for help but
can't see anything regarding changing the language, and have switched off the remote sim
and still no contacts, help

Post #230378 Sat Jul 11 2009 1:06pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
timcom0



Member Since: 11 Jul 2009
Location: Sheffield
Posts: 223

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

timcom0 wrote:
Hi All
I have the BT kit and was looking for a way to link to car for contacts
for N95 and on looking at the post realized that my car is speaking french or spanish
when i trigger the voice activation toggle. Have tried looking in the manual for help but
can't see anything regarding changing the language, and have switched off the remote sim
and still no contacts, help


Hi
Have since found a thread relating to changing voice into english on voice control
just trying to find a problem solve for the N95 phonebook now if anyone can help

Post #230397 Sat Jul 11 2009 4:30pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
Tim in Scotland



Member Since: 30 May 2005
Location: Driving along in my automobile
Posts: 15638

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

IIRC with some versions of the BT there is only limited storage of contacts numbers and you only get the first number for a contact with multiple entries in the phone's contact list. It isn't the most advanced system and is being superceded by a Parrot based system for 2010MY.
Have you looked on the LR website here http://www.landrover.com/gb/en/ownership/bluetooth/overview.htm
to see what is transferred for your phone - there are also some manuals available there too. 2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, preceeded by a 2.7SE RRS, a 3.6TDv8 RRS, several FFRR's and 2 Evoques.
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW.... my fun car to enjoy bashing and denting 20 years old and still giving loads of fun

Post #230413 Sat Jul 11 2009 7:26pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
timcom0



Member Since: 11 Jul 2009
Location: Sheffield
Posts: 223

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Tim in Scotland wrote:
IIRC with some versions of the BT there is only limited storage of contacts numbers and you only get the first number for a contact with multiple entries in the phone's contact list. It isn't the most advanced system and is being superceded by a Parrot based system for 2010MY.
Have you looked on the LR website here http://www.landrover.com/gb/en/ownership/bluetooth/overview.htm
to see what is transferred for your phone - there are also some manuals available there too.


Thanks for that Tim, but have tried and for some reason phones that are supposed to be fully compatible aren't as I have tried various friends phones just to see and possibly change my phone, so probably requires a visit to the stealers.

Post #230418 Sat Jul 11 2009 10:23pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
Tim in Scotland



Member Since: 30 May 2005
Location: Driving along in my automobile
Posts: 15638

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Do you know if the kit was fitted as a factory option or if it was fitted after the car was purchased, in 2006 BT was optional and the PTi kit fitted by dealers was not the same as the factory fitted version and was less versatile.
The dealer fit version doesn't have the red (cancel call) and green(answer call) paddles on the right side of the steering wheel. 2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, preceeded by a 2.7SE RRS, a 3.6TDv8 RRS, several FFRR's and 2 Evoques.
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW.... my fun car to enjoy bashing and denting 20 years old and still giving loads of fun

Post #230430 Sun Jul 12 2009 9:36am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
timcom0



Member Since: 11 Jul 2009
Location: Sheffield
Posts: 223

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Tim in Scotland wrote:
Do you know if the kit was fitted as a factory option or if it was fitted after the car was purchased, in 2006 BT was optional and the PTi kit fitted by dealers was not the same as the factory fitted version and was less versatile.
The dealer fit version doesn't have the red (cancel call) and green(answer call) paddles on the right side of the steering wheel.


Hi Tim
I do have the paddles on the right side of the steering wheel and
it is a 2007 but there was also a handsfree cradle installed linked to a signal booster on the outside of the vehicle so would say a after market fix

Post #230432 Sun Jul 12 2009 9:44am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
Tim in Scotland



Member Since: 30 May 2005
Location: Driving along in my automobile
Posts: 15638

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Is there a hands free cradle under the centre cubby box lid? IIRC that was the only way you could get all the info to be displayed, and the cradles only fitted the most common Nokias (the BT system is a Nokia system) of the era. My late 2007MY TDv8 has the cradle/charger in this location but there are no adapter cradles for either my Blackberry or my iPhone........................ so I have a poxy cable to the ciggy lighter and a bracket on the passenger side of the transmission tunnel that works for both phones. LR discontinued the cradle under the cubbybox lid in 2008MY cars - they got electrically adjusted steering columns instead! 2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, preceeded by a 2.7SE RRS, a 3.6TDv8 RRS, several FFRR's and 2 Evoques.
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW.... my fun car to enjoy bashing and denting 20 years old and still giving loads of fun

Post #230433 Sun Jul 12 2009 9:50am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
timcom0



Member Since: 11 Jul 2009
Location: Sheffield
Posts: 223

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Tim in Scotland wrote:
Is there a hands free cradle under the centre cubby box lid? IIRC that was the only way you could get all the info to be displayed, and the cradles only fitted the most common Nokias (the BT system is a Nokia system) of the era. My late 2007MY TDv8 has the cradle/charger in this location but there are no adapter cradles for either my Blackberry or my iPhone........................ so I have a poxy cable to the ciggy lighter and a bracket on the passenger side of the transmission tunnel that works for both phones. LR discontinued the cradle under the cubbybox lid in 2008MY cars - they got electrically adjusted steering columns instead!


Yes the connection under the lid is there but not the connection module and didn't get one because only
fits 6280 or 6210 I below, old phones no longer compatible with lifes requirements, but I replaced the cradle for a nokia adjustable one that expands and contracts to fit any phone. I have tried my mates sony ericson this morning that the LR site says is fully compatible and that doesn't work either.

Post #230434 Sun Jul 12 2009 9:59am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
MGO



Member Since: 29 Jan 2011
Location: Leinster
Posts: 54

Ireland 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Hello,

cant get my N97 mini to pair with the phine on my 2007 RRS HSE.
The steering wheel has the phone buttons fitted but im beginning to wonder is that all that is fitted.
there is no phone cradle but surely the bluetooth is available ?

apparantly the N97 mini is supposed to be compatible. im not that worried about the phonebook function, i just want to get the bluetooth to work.

ive tried my old Noikia 6310 also and still no luck...

any help or advice appreciated

Post #287387 Sat Jan 29 2011 10:56pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
MGO



Member Since: 29 Jan 2011
Location: Leinster
Posts: 54

Ireland 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

in to landrover today and told the bluetooth module will have to be replaced as it cannot be upgraded with latest software versions for newer phones!!??!

this must the the most screwed up bluetooth design ever.
anyone can buy an very average car stereo now with bluetooth connectivity enables for "ANY" phone.

300 euro for new module is an excessive amount IMO especially for a 2007

Post #292423 Tue Mar 15 2011 9:39pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
wiggs



Member Since: 27 Apr 2007
Location: Manchester
Posts: 95

United Kingdom 

I can reprogram the bluetooth modules with the latest software ( along as it's the PTI kit ...pair with 2121 )... Lr don't know what there doing unfortunatly ... Or if they do , they don't like taking the risk incase there is a software crash Bluetooth Exchange www.bluetoothexchange.co.uk

Post #292426 Tue Mar 15 2011 9:51pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
MGO



Member Since: 29 Jan 2011
Location: Leinster
Posts: 54

Ireland 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

tell me more! Cool

can you test mine out? Question

Post #292448 Wed Mar 16 2011 1:24am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
wiggs



Member Since: 27 Apr 2007
Location: Manchester
Posts: 95

United Kingdom 

Have you ever actually connected to it ? With any phone ? Bluetooth Exchange www.bluetoothexchange.co.uk

Post #292463 Wed Mar 16 2011 9:10am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
MGO



Member Since: 29 Jan 2011
Location: Leinster
Posts: 54

Ireland 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

only have this vehicle since january.
have tried the following nokia phones:
N97 mini
6230i
and 6320i

none of them will pair.

no phone fitted keeps coming up on display.

Post #292513 Wed Mar 16 2011 6:42pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 6 <123456>
All times are GMT

Jump to  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >
Posting Rules
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



Site Copyright © 2005-2017 Futuranet Ltd & Martin Lewis
RRSPORT.CO.UK RSS Feed - All Forums

Switch to Mobile site