RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Tips & Tricks > BLUETOOTH FIX - Blackberry (some other phones too)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 6 <123456>

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Motorola also sell this for £60 which isn't as sophisticated as the Parrot CK3100 I have as it cannot read the phone's phonebook like the Parrot.
http://www.blueunplugged.com/p.aspx?p=113792

The Parrot is excellent but if you go for it try to get it better integrated than the way the dealer did mine, I would have preferred it to have been flush mounted on the dash, but didn't tell them that that was what I wanted!

The mic for it has been nicely integrated into the A pillar just above eyelevel, but it can be mounted on the small round button on the stand that the unit is fitted to in the satnav location if you ask.

I also now have the Parrot Minikit to use in my Defender (I didn't want a hard wired device in that where it can easily get drowned in deep wading!)- it is a very simple piece of kit that is battery powered or can be plugged into the cigarette light/12v power point and is really only a device for remotely answering you phone unless you can be bothered to voice tag all of the contacts in your mobile's phonebook! The Minikit has a spring clip and can be mounted on a sunvisor or on the lip of the centre cubby in my 90 with the phone inside the cubby where it is out of harms way
 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #115456 Tue Jun 12 2007 11:59am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Business Ranger

Northern Ireland 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey

Thanks for the advice folks. I have a parrot on another vehicle and have agree that the dashboard mount ain't all that pretty.

I would prefer a system bluetooth or hardwired which will allow me to use the radio to scroll the address book.
Does the BT system do that. I'm not familiar with that system. More info would be great.
The system recomended by wokkaman looks quite good so thanks for that. Smile Bonnatti Grey 2006 Range Rover Sport HSE Diesal, privacy glass, tried the grass gravel snow function, must test the rock crawl and sand options. Just need to find handy piece of desert. Nice bit of Kit.

Post #115592 Tue Jun 12 2007 8:03pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

The LR PTI system does not synchronise your phone's address book across to the car via BT - not yet anyway... you only get this with a LR-supplied cradle (which obviously you can only use if you have an appropriate phone). 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #115856 Wed Jun 13 2007 9:32am
Business Ranger

thanks shmoogle Bonnatti Grey 2006 Range Rover Sport HSE Diesal, privacy glass, tried the grass gravel snow function, must test the rock crawl and sand options. Just need to find handy piece of desert. Nice bit of Kit.

Post #116289 Thu Jun 14 2007 12:13am
Business Ranger

My local car customisers have given me two possible fixes to a factory phone retro fit.

Option One is to replace the sat nav screen with their own touchscreen which will retain all current functions and also add touch screen phone, ipod, and dvd video control for the rear tv screens.

The only thing they could not guarantee was the vehicle settings display function on the new touchscreen but they did offer to reposition the orginal screen in the boot or somewhere else in the vehicle with the vehicle functions intact.

Option two was to take out an air vent and rebuild an identical airvent with a touch screen which is colour coded to the existing vehicle screens.

I have chosen option 2 on the centre air vent between the sat nav and the steering wheel.
This blue tooth touchscreen will mute out radio and bring up scrolling address book and full interactive functions and they are hardwiring a charging cradle in normal position under centre cubby hole lid.
£600 the lot.

I will post before and after photos when the job is complete. Cool Bonnatti Grey 2006 Range Rover Sport HSE Diesal, privacy glass, tried the grass gravel snow function, must test the rock crawl and sand options. Just need to find handy piece of desert. Nice bit of Kit.

Post #116960 Fri Jun 15 2007 9:08pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

Shocked wow ........... look forward to the pics 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #117847 Mon Jun 18 2007 10:41am
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

I think option 2 was the best - look forward to a review and pictures. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #117876 Mon Jun 18 2007 1:21pm
ltoons77

Sorry for the confusion but I'm not understanding what is going on with these phones and their address book.
I have a new RR Sport, I have the bluetooth setup but I can't load the phone book with my new verison LG phone. But I can use both the razor V3C and another older motorola phone to do it. Any help that would make sense of this. Plus they don't make the cradle for the newer phones so I can even buy an add on to make it work. Do I really need to reprogram all of these numbers?

Post #133432 Sun Aug 19 2007 12:32pm
shmoogle

United Kingdom 

The approved phone guide says the only LG phone which has been tested is the KG800 - also, only the newest BT module in the car allows you to synch the phonebook. Previous versions did not do this. But given you've said you have a couple of other phones that do it successfully - the problem looks like it's with your LG. Is there a newer firmware you can get for your LG? Might be worth updating it to see if anything improves.

Good luck with that Very Happy 

Post #133488 Mon Aug 20 2007 11:09am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

And LR's Blutooth PTi is a dead loss with a Motorola V3i, it only seems to want to read 5 numbers from the phone's phone book and then it says that the memory is empty! Looks like I'll be looking for another Parrot that can do everything that I expected the LR PTi to be able to do and it can handle up to 5 different phones simulataneously (not that I have 5 phones to test their claim!) It would be nice just to get the LR system just to read a single phone book completely! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #143961 Fri Nov 02 2007 4:46pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Dexter

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Zermatt Silver

Hi everyone, found you forum a few weeks back it's great so much information to look through it's hard to know what to look at first - so the everyday practical problems first!

It seems really odd that with all the technology the car has that it isn't able to upload a phonebook, I have a 2007 MY and as others can't upload the phonebook via bluetooth. although I understand that 2008 MY can.

If I have it right there may be a fix from LR - does anyone know about this and it's availability or what should I ask the dealer to do so that the phonebook becomes visible

cheers

Post #148044 Wed Dec 12 2007 9:43pm
Dexter

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Zermatt Silver

Bit of an update;

talked to two dealers who have no idea what I'm talking about, they say yeah only available from 2008 MY vehicles onwards not aware of any upgrades.

Is it worth persisiting or buy a cradle? Confused

Post #148171 Thu Dec 13 2007 4:38pm
Tboner

England 
Update

Samsung omnia also passes full sim address book with ease to My09 HST Smile 2014 5.0SC AB

Gone 5.0 SC

Post #215791 Sat Mar 07 2009 11:08pm
James W

United Kingdom 
Success - at last!!!

Just picked my 2007 TDV8 up from the stealers as I wanted the following work done:

1. Replace steering wheel for a new smooth leather version (great improvement)
2. Fix Park Distance Controller (replaced all wiring looms and module)
3. FIX BLUETOOTH PHONEBOOK SYNC.....

I am really pleased to say that they have finally managed to get the PTI to sync the phonebook from my Nokia E71 (running upgraded new v.200.21.118 firmware)!!!

They replaced the PTI module about 4 weeks ago which still didn't work and claimed there was no software update available. I was adamant that there is (having read on here) and they've managed to install another module and do the PTI soft/firmware upgrade today. Within minutes or re-connecting my phone I had full phonebook visibility on the dash display and in the instrument binnacle. I am now also able to select names via the arrows on s/w controls. Very Happy

I've also installed the LR iPod connector cableand routed through the bottom of the cupholders - better position IMO than the glove box..

Post #225589 Fri May 15 2009 3:11pm
shmoogle

United Kingdom 

Good news mate, well done! Thumbs Up 

Post #225594 Fri May 15 2009 3:39pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 6 <123456>