RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Tips & Tricks > Mixing Polishes
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
Mixing Polishes

I HATE polishing my cars.............................. but today I have had to do the RRS to remove a some scratches inflicted by a gorse bush that jumped out at me on the SLROC run yesterday.

Last year I polished my Defender with coloured T cut which did a pretty good job and I left the Maguier's polishing sponge that I used to apply it in a bag on my garage shelf. Of course today when I'm looking for a clean cloth or a new sponge I cannot find one so I re-used the old one. My Defender is a very dark Metallic Green (Epsom) so I use a dark green polish for it. Today I used the same applying sponge that still has some T Cut dried into it and I applied Zaino polish with the same sponge. Results are very good - the Zaino diluted the dark green polish somewhat so that you cannot see it on the lighter Giverny, but the combination resulted in a nice thick creamy wax that removed 98% of the scratching and didn't require a whole day of labour. Now I just cannot raise the enthusiasm to polish the Defender having just done the entire RRS............................

Does anybody know how good/ bad the car polishing machines from Halfrauds are?

PS I can highly recommend wearing a pair of household or latex gloves while carrying out this awful job, I now have green stained hands! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #102629 Mon Apr 16 2007 12:02pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Cliff H

United Kingdom 

Tim the polishers at Halfords are not much good and wi9ll put more marks on the car than you take out.
The Zaino is great stuff but don't let the die hard Zaino nuts know how you applied it they would have a heart attack Laughing

Which one did you use Z2 or Z5?

Post #102632 Mon Apr 16 2007 1:01pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1