RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Sorting out incorrect mileage on old MOTs?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

SpiderPig

United Kingdom 
Sorting out incorrect mileage on old MOTs?

An elderly relative is trying to sell her late husbands car and is having problems (it’s a fairly old Jag XK) and not having many takers.

She’s tried to sell it through Motorway, but in the process it’s been found that a couple of mileage figures on old MOTs have been entered as Km instead of miles, so the mileage looks too high (64,000 where it should be 40,000 so clearly taken the km value instead of miles.

Does anyone have experience of this and what can be done to correct this? Obviously it’s a bit of a block to selling it. 2021 P400e Autobiography

Post #641506 Thu Apr 25 2024 10:02pm
baxc

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Hi, there is not much you can do about it unfortunately, i had the same problem with a scooter i had, the mot garage had put the countdown to service as the millage, scooter had only done 150 miles but the mot certificate said 950 miles, i contacted dvla and was told to go back to Garage and get it changed but unfortunately it was a year later i noticed it and you only get something like 28 days to make amendments .I had to get a written letter off the garage to confirm the correct milage and that a mistake was made on the mot the previous year, it did help having this letter when i came to sell it.

Post #641534 Fri Apr 26 2024 7:40pm
SpiderPig

United Kingdom 

Thanks for that. Kind of confirmed my fears. These are pretty old MOTs and the garage involved isn’t being terribly helpful so I guess it’ll have to be a private sale to someone who can see sense regarding the mileage. 2021 P400e Autobiography

Post #641563 Sat Apr 27 2024 3:09pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1