RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Anyone fitted the Side steps?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Persuader, if you think the Sport is high, you should try climbing into it's bigger brother! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #4777 Fri Nov 04 2005 10:33am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MDP

United Kingdom 

Tim in Scotland wrote:

Umberto, any chances of some piccies of your car - I want a white RRS next time round but everybody over here shuns white cars.

He has got some in the Gallery, here is a link

http://www.rrsport.co.uk/gallery/index.php?cat=10111 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #4784 Fri Nov 04 2005 11:20am
umbertob

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Chawton White

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Now that I think about it, "that" can actually mean the same thing here in the US, but it is not as obvious. If iI ever come to visit your beautiful country, I'll try to remember the word "trousers"...

Anyway, like Biggles I bought the side steps mostly for wife and daughter. when she is old enough to get in the back seat on her own. When I go skiing this coming winter, they will also be useful to reach the skis on the roof rack (which I have yet to purchase). 

Post #4816 Fri Nov 04 2005 4:23pm
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

Must admit I think I'd probably get very dirty trousers if I had the steps, there's not much room to get out the car once it's in the garage and I notice my legs rubs on the sill area, therefore it would definitely rub on the side steps. Perhaps a no go then. L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #4829 Fri Nov 04 2005 6:47pm
DrLex

Iceland 

You might consider another benefit of the side-steps; bodywork protectors.

I don't have a RRS, but a D3. I bought and fitted the steps to make it easier for my children to enter and exit the car and also to protect the door panels from oafish parkers.

The projection is such that they catch the edge of the door of a neighbouring car when opened onto your vehicle. This way you prevent careless people damaging your door skins when you're obliged to park in tiny (for LRs) parallel spaces.

Looking at the pictures, they seem to be of a similar dimension to the D3 ones. You're lucky you don't have to cut holes in the cill trim to fit - there's the hardest part of the job gone!

Post #5527 Mon Nov 21 2005 2:27pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

The steps are also excellent sill guards when you are offroad - much much less expensive to replace a side step than an entire sill. You should see the state of the side steps on my Defender after 3 years of serious offroading, they also saved me the expense of buying rocksliders for it. £125 well spent those side steps! Wink 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #6028 Sun Nov 27 2005 11:20pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12