RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Restricted Perfomance issue...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Karlp606

Restricted Perfomance issue...

So guys Ive had the RP error come on the dash in the last few months sporadically, usually when driving for at least 1 hour at 50mph+, the error does not store as when I turn the engine off (even for a few mins) and on again the error clears and the car drives with normal revs etc.

I put my code reader in and the code given is p006a - Air mass volume correlation, I can clear the code and again the car drives fine.

Today I decided to pop into my local indy garage so they could plug there more expensive code reader in, they said they was a couple of codes with the above and a couple DPF codes, they cleared them and gave the car a test drive.

So my question is could the DPF filter be bringing on the RP error, but usually I would get a DPF nearly full yellow warning and would need to go give the car a blast on the motorway for half hour and this would clear it, could the DPF be now full and not be able to be cleared hence why Im getting a RP error but not a DPF error or warning? Or is RP error basically due to the bad hose or the start of a small manifold crack?
Any help would be appreciated...

Post #640387 Wed Mar 13 2024 4:08pm
LesW

France 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

The Indy should have been able to read the DPF percentage.
My Autel can read it as I found out after I had RP and a DPF full warning. It happened a couple of miles after filling up with premium diesel. The DPF was only 15% full as it happened. I cleared the codes and it's been perfect ever since last August.
It was a frustrating drive from Cheshire back to France though. 2015 RRS HSE Dynamic 3.0 SDV6
2015 Aston Martin Vanquish
2010 Jaguar XFR Le Mans
2001 Volvo V70

Post #640467 Sun Mar 17 2024 10:10am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1