RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Unexpected beeping fault
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Wookiee

Unexpected beeping fault

Summary

My L494 has rapid beeping for 10 seconds when first engaging a gear (not reversing sensor beeps) - any ideas on how to fix it please?

Details

I’ve had my 2017 L494 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic for 5 years now and it was recently off the road at the dealer for two months whilst they tried to recover a failed software upgrade of the telematics module. That particular fault appears to be sorted and I picked it up a few days ago only to have this new beeping fault before driving away. They took a quick look and said it could result from the low battery (the car has been sat around for most of those two months). The battery is now charged and I still have the issue.

The beeping happens when the car is first started and put into gear (drive or reverse). The beeping is frequent (about 2 beeps/second) and lasts 10 seconds. It then stops and doesn’t happen again during a drive (even if put in park and back to drive). It doesn’t happen again until the ignition is turned off, back on and put into gear.

The beeping is coming from the rear load bay. It is not the reversing sensor (both beeps can happen at the same time). The technician climbed in the boot when I was collecting the car and said it could be coming from the body control module. The body control module had its software upgraded at the beginning of the two months off road period.

My car had all it’s software upgraded by an Indy maintainer because of the recent security issues. It was only later that I was told the telematics module has nothing to do with security and also that LR don’t upgrade this particular model because it’s terrible to get working again. In my case this was true and took many attempts by a main dealer and also LR technical to sort it.

I’m very reluctant to take my car back to any maintainer because I’ve lost all faith in their ability to fix problems in a timely fashion. The telematics issue was on top of still waiting for a new rear brake calliper ordered in September.

I’m hoping someone has had this beeping issue before and knows a way to sort it without yet another trip to a garage.

Thanks for reading and in advance for any help

Post #640112 Sat Mar 02 2024 2:13pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1