RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L461) > RRS 300D collection quality issues first 2 weeks
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

YorkshireP

United Kingdom 
RRS 300D collection quality issues first 2 weeks

Hi guys, I just stumbled upon this this thought I’d say hello, I have a 2023 L461 300D in Varesine blue, I love the car… however the first issue was the door unlock and lock switch on the drivers door, this seized and had to be replace. In addition it’s booked in on Monday for the fuel cap cover which doesn’t lock or align and there is a vibration in the drivers door card which is intermittent and very annoying it’s not the speaker or anything obvious. Also it will not put Apple Maps on to the cluster nor will it tell me which version of the OS the Privi is running which is annoying.

I see a few posts about insurance too, I have a Bradford postcode unfortunately, I’m insured via JLR for £4200 a year.

Post #639811 Mon Feb 19 2024 6:12pm
JDPRRSUK

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Doesn’t sound like your software has update since factory yet.. do you still have profiles or ‘accounts’. If profiles you are still on v3.x.x and that’s why maps don’t appear. Need to be on v4.x.x for that to work.

Interestingly I have a rattle in my drivers door card. Stops when I push against the handle so something vibrating inside. Let me know if they fix it and tell you what they did.

Hope you get software updated… they are great cars though Smile

Post #639828 Mon Feb 19 2024 11:39pm
B McP

Scotland 

My car does not show the software version either, yet when I had it in last week to get the retractable side steps fitted, I was told the software had been updated. I am a bit disappointed that the PiviPro system will not recognise MP4 format files, so it will not play any videos when the vehicle is parked. My previous D5's and D4's all had this function so cannot understand why this new RRS AB does not.

Post #639844 Tue Feb 20 2024 7:52pm
YorkshireP

United Kingdom 

So the car is now back with us, the annoying rattle has been fixed. Cause was loose wiring loom in the door car, I’ve had it back 2 days now and it does seem to have gone.

They have ordered parts for the fuel cap, and will be fitted on the 7th. I will update when this is done.

The bloody Apple Maps on the drivers cluster is still not working, the claimed to have got it working but it still will not display the Apple Maps. Can now confirm the system does show accounts and not profiles. I cannot get it to display apply maps in the cluster at all, it’s very frustrating. Twice now LR has had it and twice they have not got it to work. So I am now out of ideas!!

Post #640051 Wed Feb 28 2024 5:22pm
YorkshireP

United Kingdom 

Pics added

Post #640052 Wed Feb 28 2024 5:24pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

YorkshireP wrote:
Twice now LR has had it and twice they have not got it to work. So I am now out of ideas!!

Frankly, the main dealer probably hasn't even tried to sort it. They'll say they have but I wouldn't put money on it. Like as not it'll have sat there in the yard for the day and only been moved when you come to collect it. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #640054 Wed Feb 28 2024 6:18pm
scrumps

United Kingdom 

YorkshireP,

I’ve never used Apple Maps, the LR nav system is fine for me.

I’ve just been out and tried it on my D300 AB and it works.

I had the cluster set up for the LR map, went into the Bluetooth menu on my iPhone 12 and touched on the “i” next to my connected “Pivi” item and switched on “CarPlay” and everything switched from LR to Apple immediately. The centre screen showed phone contacts etc and the nav system “arrow” on the RHS of the touchscreen showed a small black phone symbol next to it to show I was navigating from the phone.

Scrumps Somerset - Where the apples do grow and the cider do flow!
2021 Defender 90 D250 HSE in Tasman with white roof.
24MY D300 AB - Verasine Blue - 😀
19MY SDV6 AB - Byron Blue - Gone
17MY D5 SDV6 HSE - Firenze Red - Gone
16MY SDV6 AB -Aruba Silver - Gone
13.5MY SDV6 "HSE Black" - Baltic Blue - Gone
10MY TDV8 HSE Galway Green - Gone
14MY D4 HSE in Scotia Grey - Gone
05 TD5 D90 CSW in Cairns Blue

Post #640058 Wed Feb 28 2024 8:49pm
JDPRRSUK

@scrumps - that’s great news for you (although I like the Pivi Maps too). Do you have a version number showing in ‘Software Update’ yet or is the the version you got from Factory.

If I recall you were just a few weeks after my build but pretty sure I am still on v3.x.x as I have Profiles not Accounts and cannot display Apple Maps.

Post #640064 Thu Feb 29 2024 12:54am
scrumps

United Kingdom 

JDPRRSUK,

As stated previously, I’m on “Accounts” not “Profiles” which, I believe means at least Pivi 4.0.0.

I haven’t seen any updates, so I assume, “factory” or PDI based on 10th Oct build and PDI late Oct.

No ‘version” info visible.

***Brain fart:- as you collected yours from the factory, it didn’t have a dealer PDI, one item of which is to ensure the software is up to date. Do you have a case for getting your dealer to “force” a Pivi update ( as you didn’t get one before delivery)?

You can check if there is a PDI recorded against your vehicle by checking the OSH. https://osh.landrover.com/

Post #640070 Thu Feb 29 2024 10:17am
JDPRRSUK

Great thought - I did check the link and there is a PDI listed. Assume by the handover centre at JLR.

May still check with dealer when next passing. Would have hoped the OTA would have kicked in. If you read US versions of these kind of forums it seems they are getting regular OTA updates?

Post #640085 Fri Mar 01 2024 8:53am
Atlanticjon

Northern Ireland 

If you’re still having issues with the Apple Maps on the driver display?

I couldn’t get it to work until I tried navigating with CarPlay actually set a destination and hey presto the map appeared in the driver display. Thereafter any time I use CarPlay the maps are correct

Post #640228 Thu Mar 07 2024 9:02pm
YorkshireP

United Kingdom 

Hey guys, thanks for the information, I’ll have a check again to see if I can get it working (Apple Maps). As for the door. It lasted a week before the rattle was back. I took it back in last Thursday (7th) and picked it up this morning (11th). They have had order and refit all the loom clips and added additional insulation and sound deadening. The fuel filler allignment has now been rectified and now fits flush to the body as it bloody should, FYI for anyone else having this repair done, they cannot use the painted cover that is on the old fuel cover and the replacement comes unpainted so please ensure to schedule this into the time frame when having the work carried out.

Post #640323 Mon Mar 11 2024 2:46pm
YorkshireP

United Kingdom 

scrumps wrote:
YorkshireP,

I’ve never used Apple Maps, the LR nav system is fine for me.

I’ve just been out and tried it on my D300 AB and it works.

I had the cluster set up for the LR map, went into the Bluetooth menu on my iPhone 12 and touched on the “i” next to my connected “Pivi” item and switched on “CarPlay” and everything switched from LR to Apple immediately. The centre screen showed phone contacts etc and the nav system “arrow” on the RHS of the touchscreen showed a small black phone symbol next to it to show I was navigating from the phone.

Scrumps

Just tried again, I get absolutely nothing there is no option for Apple Maps in the cluster menu. I’m at giving up point now lol

Post #640327 Mon Mar 11 2024 3:51pm
scrumps

United Kingdom 

YorkshireP,

You’re correct, there is no option for Apple Maps on the cluster.

You set the cluster to “navigation” then make the navigation source to be Apple Maps.

The cluster merely replicates what is on the centre screen.

All I did to get it to work was make sure my iPhone was in the Apple CarPlay menu then on the phones Bluetooth menu I selected “CarPlay” (sliding green button).

The navigation changed to apple on the main screen and replicated on the cluster!

I’ve just been and had a play in the car and you can manually choose the navigation source.

Here’s how I did it!

https://www.rrsport.co.uk/gallery/albums/u...ressed.mov

Simples!

Post #640333 Mon Mar 11 2024 5:39pm
YorkshireP

United Kingdom 

Thanks for the video!! Can confirm mine still does not do anything lol. Only difference I can see is mine is the model with physical knobs for the heaters, maybe it’s not on this one?

Post #640339 Mon Mar 11 2024 9:43pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>