Biggles

England 
PDC Fault ex Land Rover GTR Site

PDC.

Hope the following helps.

Technical Service Bulletin
No.LS413-001
04 July 2005

Subject/Concern : Range Rover Sport - Parking Distance System Intermittent Operation

Models :
Range Rover Sport (LS) Vin range : 5A900109-5A909166

Markets : All

Section : 413-13

Summary :
A customer may report a concern that the parking distance control system (PDC) does not operate every time when reversing.

Cause : The PDC system needs to receive both 'vehicle stationary' and 'electronic parking brake' (EPB) signals together to activate the system. The system has now been changed so that the 'vehicle stationary' signal is ignored and EPB 'drive away' signal can activate the system.
Action : On a customer complaint basis only, refer to the Service Instruction detailed in this bulletin to renew the PDC module.

Parts Required :
Description Part Number Quantity
Parking aid system module YWC500313 1

NOTE : Repair procedures are under constant review, and therefore times are subject to change; those quoted here must be taken as guidance only. Always refer to DDW to obtain the latest repair time.

Labour Time :
Operation Description Operation No. Time
Control unit (ECU) - parking aid - renew 86.54.10 0.40 hours

Repair/Claim Coding :
Causal Part : YWC500312
ACES Condition Code : 42
Defect Code : 6M7Y

Service Instruction
1 . Disconnect the battery ground cable.
2 . Remove the LEFT-HAND rear quarter trim panel.
3 . Remove the parking aid module: 1 . Remove the two screws.
2 . Disconnect the three electrical connectors.

4 . Renew the parking aid module: 1 . Connect and secure the electrical connectors.
2 . Tighten the screws.

5 . Install the rear quarter trim panel.
6 . Connect the battery ground cable.

©2005 LandRover

I have pasted this into a topic of its own hope this is the solution. Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #4634 Wed Nov 02 2005 9:43pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Cheers Stu, I have the sometime it works, sometimes it doesn't work PDC so when the car is next in the dealers I will mention it! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #4646 Wed Nov 02 2005 11:30pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BBlackRRS

Biggles, did you $pay$ for the GTR subscription? Is there any way you can post the other 4 or 5 issues w/ this vehicle since LR want us to pay to know what exactly is wrong w/ our vehicles?

Post #4647 Wed Nov 02 2005 11:32pm
grommet

United States 

If you have a problem, you should take your vehicle to your service department. They use these exact documents to help "fix" problems reported... it's their resource! You should not have to do their job. These documents are technical service bulletins, and not "recall notices" or "customer notifications."

Post #4650 Wed Nov 02 2005 11:53pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Excellent Biggles - forewarned is forearmed or whatever it is they say! Thanks for this. Very Happy

Cheers
Steve 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #4651 Thu Nov 03 2005 12:16am
BBlackRRS

Except when my local dealer fails to fix the problem, I want to know my sh*t, I don't mind taking the time to find something out on an automobile I drive at over 120mph, thanks.

grommet wrote:
If you have a problem, you should take your vehicle to your service department. They use these exact documents to help "fix" problems reported... it's their resource! You should not have to do their job. These documents are technical service bulletins, and not "recall notices" or "customer notifications."

Post #4659 Thu Nov 03 2005 1:24am
grommet

United States 

I'd find a better service department. Very Happy The point is, don't let your service department slack... they get paid to fix your vehicle, under warranty or not.

But if you want to read the technical documentation & bulletins, Land Rover has made the GTR service available to anyone for a fee... sign up...

Post #4661 Thu Nov 03 2005 1:43am
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

I also wouldn't be so sure the service department is even aware of a lot of these documents. When I first broached this subject with my dealer earlier in the week, I even quoted the GTR article number and still they said, "no, not a problem with that!". So now I have the hard evidence I shall be able to phone again and explain exactly what they need to be doing. This isn't just LR - this used to happen with BMW service bulletins too.

Cheers
Steve 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #4669 Thu Nov 03 2005 9:40am
BBlackRRS

Thanks Biggles for providing the information instead of having other people who are interested in helping out there local shops fix their cars, pay for this information and/or telling them to find another shop. Cheers

http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=362

grommet wrote:
I'd find a better service department. Very Happy The point is, don't let your service department slack... they get paid to fix your vehicle, under warranty or not.

But if you want to read the technical documentation & bulletins, Land Rover has made the GTR service available to anyone for a fee... sign up...

Post #4723 Thu Nov 03 2005 4:21pm
Biggles

England 

grommet wrote:

I say thank you for the GTR site.

I had my car at the dealers twice to cure the mirror problem (it would not have been long before my partner caused or had an accident) and only got it resolved because I went armed with the info from the site.
They looked stunned that I had access to this, but it was shamefull of them not to do the mod in the first place. If it was left to the dealer (not all are the same) the car would still be being driven with defective mirrors for short stature people,( my partner is over five foot tall) "because thats how land rover made them and they cant design a car for every shape and size" his words not mine.
If only I had not believed him and did the work my self in locating the cure.
Sge would still be driving it without being able to see out of the passenger mirror. Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #4737 Thu Nov 03 2005 7:50pm
grommet

United States 

Is bad service behavior really that common in the world of Land Rover? I'm very aware of the general corporate commuications issues, but the service departments I've worked with in the states are quite aware of their technical resources and don't simply blow customers off. It doesn't make business sense, as they are paid by Land Rover for warranty work. The more, the better. Are your service advisors that clueless?!

GTR is a great resource, though, and it's great they don't limit it to Land Rover service departments.

Post #4746 Thu Nov 03 2005 10:36pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Biggles I think it has a lot to do with the way the warranty claims system works within the dealer network. The client requests something be looked at, car goes in and the reception prints out a job sheet, mechanic gets jobs sheet and sees there is a fault to investigate but more often than not he is not aware of the GTR system (that requires the brains of the service manager who has a computer and printer on his desk). Mechanic spend half a day trying to replicate the fault with no success.................. then service manager realises he has GTR sheet on this fault but it says the fault should only take 25 minutes to rectify yet mechanic has already spent 2 hours on the job. Who is going to pay for the hours claimed? Oh dear we had better tell the customer to keep an eye open for the fault recurring and ask them to bring the car back in next time it occurs and then we will know what to do! Frustrated client, bean counters happy as labour is covered by "unable to replicate fault" remark on service report.

I will be very interested to see if LR have rectified a design fault with the clever doorseals that the L322 RR had in the Sport. If your car lives outside like mine, be prepared to have to force the doors open when there is a heavy frost....................... the thin double seal that makes RR and RRS so quiet and a lack of windnoise freeezes between the door and the body which means either you cannot get into the car or you rip the seal off! It was only through reading the GTR for L322 RR that I found out there was a warranty fix for it (it was only partly sussessful), the dealer was unaware of the cure and that a redesigned seal was available for cars in a particular batch of VIN numbers.
Frequently it isn't bad service, it is ignorance of their own info systems that lets many dealers down. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #4747 Thu Nov 03 2005 10:59pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Biggles

England 

The frozen door seal problem used to happen on my previous X5 and also on my old P38A.
On the BMW X5 though the problem was even worse because when the door did open you then had the problem of the door locking mechanism being frozen and you could not close the door.
BMW said it was not a problem and it was due to the english weather.
What next trains stopped because of leaves on the tracks.
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #4748 Thu Nov 03 2005 11:32pm
bgreig

United States 
How to access "GTR"?

I may have missed it, but could you advise how to access this GTR information? Thanks,
BGreig

Post #4795 Fri Nov 04 2005 1:09pm
Biggles

England 

Follow the link below,

http://www.landrover.com/gb/en/Owners/Owne...erview.htm

You will have to register and it will also require a subscription payment to be made.

Hope this helps. Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #4796 Fri Nov 04 2005 1:16pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>