RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Yikes…..Just got my insurance renewal through
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Johnrrs

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Zambezi Silver
Yikes…..Just got my insurance renewal through

So just received my insurance renewal for the RRS. Last year £384 (complete bargain). This year £801 (not a bargain at all) This is ridiculous. The only thing is it seems to be cheap. All the comparison sites are over the £1000 mark. Just tried adding the car to my Admiral multi car policy and it’s more or less the same as my renewal. I may add it to the multi car policy then all my cars are with the same company. What the hell is going on with car insurance??

Post #635950 Mon Sep 18 2023 8:30pm
Andy K

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

Yeah common

https://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic61148.html

Personally I wouldn’t add to admiral. Them seam to be one if the worst for £ at present.

Post #635952 Tue Sep 19 2023 5:07am
Stevepd

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Cairns Blue

I'm with Admiral on the multicar policy. My renewal for my L320 back in May went up £20 this year. For research purposes if you want. PM your reg and ill do a quote with Admiral for me down here to give a comparison. But to contradict that there are so many variables.

Steve. 2006 2.7 TDV6 HSE in Cairns Blue.

Post #635953 Tue Sep 19 2023 6:28am
Stevepd

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Cairns Blue

Thanks for your PM. So for all to see. An additional £172.26, so a total of £237.26. I'm 54 with FNCD.

Steve. 2006 2.7 TDV6 HSE in Cairns Blue.

Post #635955 Tue Sep 19 2023 7:08am
Dave-t

United Kingdom 

it is certainly hitting used prices as well because of this, just browsing at WBAC, mine has gone from £25K to £17K in 8 months Shocked Shocked Joined the X5 45e club
1994 Defender 90 300 tdi

Post #635958 Tue Sep 19 2023 12:14pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey
Re: Yikes…..Just got my insurance renewal through

Johnrrs wrote:
So just received my insurance renewal for the RRS. Last year £384 (complete bargain). This year £801 (not a bargain at all) This is ridiculous. The only thing is it seems to be cheap. All the comparison sites are over the £1000 mark. Just tried adding the car to my Admiral multi car policy and it’s more or less the same as my renewal. I may add it to the multi car policy then all my cars are with the same company. What the hell is going on with car insurance??

I left Admiral and went to LV for about half the price. Admiral tried to win me back by cutting £50 off a £580 premium offer. Suffice to say it was "bye bye Admiral!" from me. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #635962 Tue Sep 19 2023 4:33pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Dave-t wrote:
it is certainly hitting used prices as well because of this, just browsing at WBAC, mine has gone from £25K to £17K in 8 months Shocked Shocked

The thing is that those who buy second hand (me, for example) are less affected - the increase in insurance is more than covered by the big drops in second hand values. They'll balance out at some point and the overall cost to buy/own will be much the same as it was a year or two ago.

Not great for those selling what were over-priced purchases from main dealers over the last couple of years, however. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #635963 Tue Sep 19 2023 4:35pm
Johnrrs

Dave-t wrote:
it is certainly hitting used prices as well because of this, just browsing at WBAC, mine has gone from £25K to £17K in 8 months Shocked Shocked

Wowsers… Luckily I’m not looking to replace mine anytime soon………

Post #635966 Tue Sep 19 2023 5:15pm
Johnrrs

Re: Yikes…..Just got my insurance renewal through

RRSTDV8 wrote:
Johnrrs wrote:

I left Admiral and went to LV for about half the price. Admiral tried to win me back by cutting £50 off a £580 premium offer. Suffice to say it was "bye bye Admiral!" from me.

Just tried LV and went through the rigmarole of putting all my details in then right at the very end they say they don’t insure this type of car…….grrrrrr

Post #635969 Tue Sep 19 2023 7:45pm
Dave-t

United Kingdom 

RRSTDV8 wrote:
Dave-t wrote:

The thing is that those who buy second hand (me, for example) are less affected - the increase in insurance is more than covered by the big drops in second hand values. They'll balance out at some point and the overall cost to buy/own will be much the same as it was a year or two ago.

Not great for those selling what were over-priced purchases from main dealers over the last couple of years, however.

It will depend on my insurance renewal in Jan as to whether I keep the car. I’m hoping it hasn’t spread into Scotland yet.

The price drop is maybe partially to do with how much second hand cars went up a few years ago, I paid £33k from a main dealer nearly 4 years ago, and it stayed artificially high for some time, it seems now that it’s returning to more pre covid levels. Joined the X5 45e club
1994 Defender 90 300 tdi

Post #635970 Tue Sep 19 2023 8:25pm
Johnrrs

If the insurance on these cars are going to double every year then I’ll be looking at replacing mine too. Only problem is what would you replace a RRS with. Any high end cars are a target for thieves so insurance on these must be on the increase too. One of my work mates has a VW Up. His insurance has also increased from £200 a year to £300. He is not happy on the 50% increase on his premium. I told him about mine and he couldn’t believe what I’m paying. It made him feel a bit better about the increase in premium……

Post #635975 Tue Sep 19 2023 9:54pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1