RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Faults & Fixes > Slight body lift to replace front ACE pipes?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

PhilnDeb

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Santorini Black

Rob, the way I looked at it was:-
The reservoir is always in the same place so that pipe should always be the same,
The valve block is always in the same place,
The two things that vary are the anti roll bar connections and the connection from the pump.
There only seem to be two anti rollbar types, one has connections where the pipes both join the bar in the same side direction, the other which I have has the pipes one from the top one from the bottom if that makes sense. See pic.

Some sets have a flexible hose attached to the pipe from the pump and some like mine have a coupling, see pic,

I think if you determine those two things you will be a bit further on.
When I searched for part numbers for sets different sites showed different drawings for the same part number so in the end I took a chance, I think it is the sets that have the right connections for our type of arb that you will not find available.

I am new to range rovers so if any of my assumptions are wrong and anyone knows better please feel free to chime in!

Let me know if you clarify what connections you have, Phil.

Post #636496 Mon Oct 09 2023 11:20am
Bananas21

England 2007 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

Hi, any guidance on the slight body lift please? This is a job i need to attempt myself to replace the front Ace pipes on my 4.2 sc. Any tips on what needs disconnecting etc would be great please

Post #638399 Fri Dec 29 2023 12:23am
PhilnDeb

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Santorini Black

Hi, if you are replacing the just front pipes and not the anti roll bar bushes you will only need to lift the drivers side front corner but I would loosen the other body bolts to avoid bending anything.
So remove the front bumper, loosen drivers front wheel bolts, Jack up front of the car as high as possible and put axle stands under the chasis.
10 body mounting bolts:- remove 3 front drivers side bolts, back off the bolt behind the rear drivers wheel arch about 10mm but leave in place. Loosen passenger side bolts slightly to avoid bending anything, loosen front ones more.
Remove drivers front wheel, arch liner and body tether on top left of wheel arch.
Remover drivers side sill cover so you can place a jack under the sill, I put a block of wood between jack and sill.
Jack up the body until you can remove the body mount rubber behind the wheel arch where the pipes enter the gap between the body and chasis, this will make it easier to feed the pipes through the gap. Put an axle stand under the body and make sure everything is secure.
Drain the ace fluid reservoir as much as possible.
Try getting the pipes out of the block!
If you have a new set of pipes you will have to split them to get them in place so make sure you mark them.
Good luck!!

Post #638409 Fri Dec 29 2023 11:49am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12