RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Faults & Fixes > Battery replaced after 9 years
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Iomegas

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black
Battery replaced after 9 years

Hi weird happenings today left this morning filled up then on my travels pulled over 30 mins later in lay-by switched engine off.Now I noticed when I selected cruise each er it came up saying it couldn’t be activated anyway I pressed start button engine cranked but only a few turns then stopped.Plugged in my OBD reported P195 oil temp circuit error I called the RAC and was a quick efficient process got text saying would be an hour.I started packing away my OBD and was convinced it was a battery fault I thought ok let’s retry after 15 minutes and it fired up running fine got OBD back out checked with my OBD the alternator voltage 14.75 which is fine cleared the code re checked no codes. RAC turned up within 40 mins rang me before they arrived were spot on.He agreed with me about battery which was 9 years old plugged his tester on battery did it’s checks and battery failed test and said needed replacement it was very much on the edge.I thought it was me but I had been thinking it seemed a little slow to crank over the past 3 weeks but just thought was me being paranoid lol.The RAC technician said he had bad news and good news your battery is no good you need a new one!!! £279 pound but the good news you have battery cover with us up-to £600 😌pound 🤪.The cover I have for battery only cost me under £5.00 a month so well worth it as only had cover 8 months .I followed the RAC technician to the not to far Euro Car parts where he had booked out a replacement battery and when their fitted it for me.I never realised how these cars can be impacted by a dodgy battery .Anyway new BOCH battery no £279 to pay happy days and excellent service from the RAC. Thumbs Up

Post #634072 Sat Jul 01 2023 10:41pm
JDPRRSUK

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Great result and fantastic service from the RAC 👍🏼

Post #634074 Sun Jul 02 2023 7:12am
Iomegas

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Yes always good to mention the good service from a company not just the bad ,also the new battery has a warranty for 4 years so if it fails in that time the RAC will replace free of charge Thumbs Up

Post #634075 Sun Jul 02 2023 7:59am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1