RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic > New DEFENDER
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

skidmark

Scotland 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
New DEFENDER

just been in showroom in stirling they have the new def in showroom. 90 t/cab kesick green , a couple of the sales guys (rob & gordon) were on about what a diffrent drive it was, then one of them went out the back and brought round a 90 hard top in tonga and gave me a quick run in it. But the dilema is how do i get to buy it with out the wife noticing. You cant hide the bulge Rolling Eyes if i offend and i know you sorry if i dont TUFF

Post #99866 Mon Apr 02 2007 7:36pm
ENVOY

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Arctic Frost

Thats easy skidmark, just tell the missus that you have bought it, for when the RRS or her Freelander have to go back to the dealers for warranty work Whistle Whistle some of my Previous cars
--------------------------------
P38 Range Rover Autobiography
RRS 2.7 HSE Silver
RRS TDV8 HSE silver
FFRR Vogue black
Disco3 HSE silver
RRS 2.7 HSE silver
RRS 3.0 HSE BALTI BLUE
AC Cobra
Landrover Defender 90
Landrover Defender 110
Suzuki Jimney

Post #99869 Mon Apr 02 2007 7:41pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, guess where I will be going tomorrow then! Would be nice to appear at next weekend's full on offroad event in Argyll with a new 2007 Defender 90 on demo .........and I know one person who would be very very annoyed because he has just been told the 90 he ordered last year for January delivery isn't now arriving until May!! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #99891 Mon Apr 02 2007 8:26pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tim in Scotland

Well I had the use of the 90HT for the whole afternoon......................................... I would flog my RRS for one of these new Defenders (well if I didn't do a few long motorway drags each year I would!) This new one is civilised like I've never known a Defender to be and engine power, well it's on another planet, and then you have the option of a chip too.. I added another 40 miles to those that Skidmark had already put onto the Tonga Green Base model. I would say that it would give White Van man a good run and would certainly frighten TD5 Disco owners eeven in it's standard tune. What is also impressive is the lack of drumming or booming from the rear of the HT, even though the demo had no headliner.
Downers......................... heaps and heaps of blanking plates on the dash to remind you that the County and XC versions have loads of toys and how waterproof will the electrics be because as far as I could see LR haven't moved the ECu from it's position that is under the passenger seat so it's still easily drowned when wading.
That aside it is a magnificent machine. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #100158 Tue Apr 03 2007 5:21pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Martin
Site Administrator & Owner

United Kingdom 

The new Defender's ECU is behind the engine, high up in the engine bay Smile Like this site? Buy some RRSPORT goodies to show your support!

Post #100230 Tue Apr 03 2007 6:54pm
Tim in Scotland

So still likely to be drowned in deep wading then! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #100244 Tue Apr 03 2007 7:19pm
TJ101

England 

There must be a better place !!

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  997 TT, RR TDV8 Vog SE 90 V8 Hybrid
www.wessex4x4response.org.uk
http://forum.innovate4x4.com
G4 RRS Gone

Post #100451 Wed Apr 04 2007 12:54pm
skidmark

Scotland 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

the wife said i can have one at lest thats what i think she meant the phrase she used was "you can have one over my dead body" so spoke to the guys at the garage for another quick drive . then sort out the wife Evil or Very Mad if i offend and i know you sorry if i dont TUFF

Post #100799 Thu Apr 05 2007 1:41pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1