RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Trim removal question (before I do damage)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Rupert

Ireland 
Trim removal question (before I do damage)

Hi all,

Sorry if this has been asked & answered before, but I couldn’t find anything. But did get lazy on the search function. Whistle

Anyway, I want to remove the radio, so I can plumb in my iPod (Not LR ACM my own version) & obviously need to remove the silver trims each side of the radio first.

Do I just pull them off with force, or do I need to prise the bottom / top / one side first ??

Thought it best to ask, rather than doing that “Man thing” of RTFM’ing after the damage is done. Rolling Eyes

Cheers !

Post #99809 Mon Apr 02 2007 3:56pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Personally don't know, but if you sit tight I'm sure someone will be able to fill you in Very Happy 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #99810 Mon Apr 02 2007 4:00pm
mlines

United Kingdom 

Well this tells you how to fit the fascia, DVD kit and LandRover Audio Kits including the LR Ipod bits so it would be a good start

http://www.ownerinfo.landrover.com/extfree2viewlrprod/index.jsp 2016 RRS 4.4 TDV8 Autobiography Dynamic in Montalcino Red and Stealth Kit

Post #99813 Mon Apr 02 2007 4:19pm
Rupert

Ireland 

Most the instructions I’ve seen on the various accessory fit manuals, just show an arrow, indicating that you remove the trim. But don’t seem to show the method employed to do so.

I’m somewhat reluctant to just pull the trims off & hear the metallic ping of trim clips flying off into the innards of the dash. Our worse the crack of plastic snapping Shocked

There are few on here who’ve removed the radio, so I might sit tight as shmoogle says & wait for someone who’s done this to walk on in !!

Post #100061 Tue Apr 03 2007 10:15am
stephenw

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Nara Bronze

Rupert, I can't shed any light on the removal of the trim. I was not there when all the trim was removed when the head unit was upgraded, however, I was there when they were refitting.

One of the tips the audio guys showed me was to put “Vaseline Petroleum Jelly” onto the clips. Apparently it has two benefits, one is to stop potential squeaks when refitted and the other is that it helps in any subsequent removal if you have to do it again.

Also, every piece that has the potential to be marked, (either left on the vehicle or removed) was covered in “Scotch” Blue Painters Tape. This protected the bits from potential scratches and was also easy to remove.

I hope this helps.

Steve RRS TDV6 MY07 gone.
RRS TDV6 MY10 just arrived!

Post #100415 Wed Apr 04 2007 9:50am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Rupert

Ireland 

Cheers Steve

Two very good tips there, particularly the Vaseline on the clips to stop any future squeaks.

As far as removal of the trims goes, I think I’m just going to go out, pull the Censored off & see what happens.

What could possibly go wrong ??? Shocked

Post #100438 Wed Apr 04 2007 10:51am
bkehoe

Ireland 

If it's like the D3, pull at the bottom, as it sort of hinges at the top where the air vents are. Smile I suggest you gradually start pulling, and then just pull really hard - seems to be easier than just grabbing a piece of trim and ripping it off. Wink

Post #100440 Wed Apr 04 2007 11:28am
tasmod

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

Woodmans Video Mod file describes how to do it and also shows pics of the screws etc that hold rest of head units.

I've put the file in my Gallery.

http://www.rrsport.co.uk/gallery/albums/us...oGuide.pdf

Post #100455 Wed Apr 04 2007 1:06pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Rupert

Ireland 

bkehoe wrote:
.....................I suggest you gradually start pulling, and then just pull really hard - seems to be easier than just grabbing a piece of trim and ripping it off. Wink

tasmod wrote:
I've put the file in my Gallery.

Cheers Guys, Thanks Cool

Post #100548 Wed Apr 04 2007 7:20pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1