RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L461) > Anybody with a launch day or earlier order still waiting?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 6 123456>

mazj

United Kingdom 
Anybody with a launch day or earlier order still waiting?

Evening,
Growing frustrated with my dealer, placed a deposit before the car was launched and here I am still waiting for a car.
I was given a Mid October build which was subsequently pulled 2 weeks before my delivery date and have not had any luck since.
I still do not have a build slot and when I rang my dealer last week he said it would be unlikely it would be a Q1 build now.
Hope I am wrong but would not be surprised if my car was given to someone else - can this be checked in anyway?
Is anybody else in the same position?

Post #629358 Thu Dec 22 2022 10:49pm
Blackbird458

United Kingdom 

What spec did you go for - ie model/extras .
If it was a standard spec - your car could have been reallocated as you suspected.

Post #629359 Thu Dec 22 2022 11:15pm
Cooperman

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Same story here. Ordered day after launch. I did admittedly change the order from a 440e to 510e AB, but was told this would have no impact on timing. Radio silence. I’m not chasing tbf - I rather like my current car and really can’t decide if I’m keen on the looks of the new RRS, which I think is very colour and wheels dependent. I’m also having doubts about the merits of going PHEV, and think the D350 might be the pick of the range for me … but then you can’t currently have rear wheel steer. First world problems. Current: Cayenne GTS (got fed up with waiting for LR to build my third RRS)
On order: RRS3 510e AB
Gone: RRS SDV8 AB, RRS SDV6, Vauxhall Nova 1.0, Nova 1.3 SR, Nova 1.4 SRi, Renault Laguna (why?), BMW 318is coupe (fabulous - despite having to buy a radio and tape player for it from Halfords), 323i saloon, 325ti compact (superb), 320td compact (awful), VW Golf 2.0d 4Motion (all the car you really need), BMW 120d compact (excellent), 118d compact (slow), 335d coupe (rapid)

Post #629369 Fri Dec 23 2022 11:11am
Blackbird458

United Kingdom 

Like you I changed my spec after launch —minor changes ie colour etc .
I was also requested to sign a new contract.
When I questioned the dealer if this would delay the order I was told- “Don’t think so !!
Wonder now if this was correct.
Any comments/ advice .

Post #629382 Fri Dec 23 2022 6:49pm
andrew270666

United Kingdom 
Still waiting

Had a 440 AB on order since early June. Very poor comma from dealer went in today for update, as was looking at some 23 plates. Dealer said probably better looking at 73 plates onwards September…!!.. you’re joking, I’m apparently in holding pool and don’t even have an order number. Should I be smelling a rat ? Or is a 16-24 month wait expected ? Ha ho still trying to hold the faith.

Post #629386 Fri Dec 23 2022 7:53pm
mazj

United Kingdom 

Morning chaps,
Sounds like I am not the only one.
In terms of spec I have got black pack, secure tracker pro, park assist and privacy and the SV wheels - I am puzzled which of these could be causing an issue.

Originally when I had my build date I also had the better upgraded lights - which I removed once it was pulled in a hope to speed things up.

Which dealer have you ordered from?
Mine is with South West London.

Communication has been appalling - if and when the car arrives this will be reflected in the survey....

Post #629400 Sat Dec 24 2022 9:20am
andrew270666

United Kingdom 

Hi I’m Marshall’s in Ipswich Suffolk very poor comms. can’t even get them on the phone, which is why I had to visit. I’m more worried about the phrase they keep using “ I haven’t got a JLR order number yet, you’re still in the holding pool”. The whole experience isn’t what I want xpected at all.

Post #629402 Sat Dec 24 2022 9:32am
MikeJG

United Kingdom 

Provided your dealer has entered your order on the JLR system, you will have a JLR CSO number. Mine is 16878865. Any dealer, either inputting this number or your name and postcode on the JLR system will be able to tell you your vehicle status. It looks like this:

If your dealer can't give you a CSO number, there is something fishy.

Mine, as you can see still says it is in the holding pool but importantly was input the day I ordered it.
I don't believe that my dealer has done anything improper but somebody is somewhere other wise there wouldn't be 80 nearly new L461's on Autotrader!

Post #629403 Sat Dec 24 2022 9:48am
andrew270666

United Kingdom 

Great Thanks Mike. I do have a dealer order form from 27/05/22. I’ll be a lot happier if they can give me the CSO
Number. Really not sure why they can’t give it to me. I’ll keep pestering. Thanks again Mike for info much appreciated 👍

Post #629409 Sat Dec 24 2022 2:19pm
GJW1

United Kingdom 

Similar situation also ordered on the 11th May, 440e Dynamic SE added soft close doors and HUD no changes made after ordering.

Originally told early December delivery then in September informed of a price increase then at the start of November still didn't have a build slot so car would not be December delivery so moved to January since then no further update on a build slot so have to assume it will not be January either.

As others have said no comms just what appears to be automated emails.

Also frustrated by the number of cars for sale online but I've given up chasing in the hope im given some good news in the new year.

Glad im not alone.

Post #629412 Sat Dec 24 2022 2:42pm
richamartin

2013 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 Baltic Blue

Ordered in March at the VIP launch and order was confirmed there and then.

Not heard a whisper since then, but it was a V8 First edition with all the toys....and i gather the huge supply problems with the V8 has been the primary cause of the delay. Dealer have been great, but still not sign and the delivery slot was September.

I suspect that I'll just leave the slot open and if it arrives, it arrives. I'll order a new SVR the moment the book opens anyway. My dealer already has the spec to put in the moment they can spec cars.

Bit frustrating all around though. Now
-----------------------
2022 SVR
2021 Bentley Continental GT
2020 Defender 110
2022 Defender 90 V8
Plus 16 other toys! Wink

Post #629413 Sat Dec 24 2022 4:26pm
MBSVR

United Kingdom 

Ordered mine in July no date as of yet......

Dealer saying mine is held in a holding pool. They are saying it is marked for selection this means they are speaking with JLR and asking if it can be selected asap. that is all I know, The build date when I ordered online said May 2023 so I think I have still a few moths to wait.

Luckily I still have my SVR to drive around in Thumbs Up 2020 Range Rover Sport SVR 5.0L V8 Supercharged

Post #629416 Sun Dec 25 2022 6:37am
kmeand

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Santorini Black

Ordered P440e May 11th, Car went into build Nov 21st . Showed as build completed 23rd Dec. Delivery showing as 13th January.

Dealer non responsive to any and all questions about whether this is valid.

Post #629469 Tue Dec 27 2022 12:33pm
mikef

United Kingdom 

MikeJG wrote:

I don't believe that my dealer has done anything improper but somebody is somewhere other wise there wouldn't be 80 nearly new L461's on Autotrader!

Its disgusting IMHO. When I questioned my salesman about this he tried to tell me that all of the L461 RRS cars currently advertised for sale on the L-R website had been sold to customers who, for genuine reasons, now wanted to sell their cars and in order to keep those cars away from the independent sellers, L-R dealers had been forced to buy them back. I thought this was so much Censored that I paid for an HPI check on one of the cars advertised by my dealer and found that there were no previous owners and the car was owned by Lombard Business Finance. When I questioned another salesman about this he tried to claim that HPI was often slow to catch up with ownership changes Very Happy

There is no question in my mind that dealers are putting demo cars on the market at way over list price which apparently contravenes the terms of their dealership agreements with L-R. I wouldnt mind betting as well that they are doing cosy side deals with independent dealers to supply them with cars and sharing the margin on the sales. Meanwhile L-R turn a blind eye to this and genuine customers who have been waiting months for their cars get shafted

Post #629479 Tue Dec 27 2022 11:41pm
StuRRS

2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Another very frustrated LR customer here. Ordered a P440e Dynamic SE last May and no news on any likely delivery date. Dealer adopting avoid/evade tactics.
Extended my Discovery 5 lease by 12 months last year and just about to extend for another 6! Seriously considering cancelling my order and going for a Q7 or Q8, which I know I will regret in time.... Stu
2023 RRS p440e SE Dynamic
2018 Discovery 5 SDV6 HSE Santorini gone
2014 SDV6 HSE Santorini gone
2007 TDV6 HSE Java gone
2003 Discovery TD5 ES gone and missed
2008 Q7 gone
2005 X5 gone
2003 X5 gone
2000 Freelander 2.5 V6 gone- not missed!!

Post #629627 Wed Jan 04 2023 4:42pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 6 123456>