RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Roading & Green Laning > RRS Offroad Survey
Has your RRS been offroad / Greenlaning?
Yes
62%
 62%  [31]
No
20%
 20%  [10]
Would Consider it
14%
 14%  [7]
lololololol
4%
 4%  [2]
Total Votes: 50

Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Spiker I reckon you are probably the most "adventurous" of us all with regard to where you take your Sport (apart from the owners of the G4's who got somebody else to offroad theirs for them in some small Land Rover event).
Out of interest how much damage did that rock inflict on your door /sill - that is just the situation that worries me as where I do my offroading we tend to find large rocks hiding in the sides of deep ruts. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #114347 Fri Jun 08 2007 10:43pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Spiker

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 S Giverney Green

Yes, I'm up for any challenge but it's all calculated. This incident was the result of a bad spotter [too many spotters actually].

Damage: curled both passenger doors, dented the rocker panel beneath the plastic fascia cover running along rocker panel, put doors out of adjustment, etc. All was fixed without going to the body shop except for the dent in the rocker panel itself. That's when I knew there had to be a fix and set out to get sliders for me, and for all the others who want to use their vehicles as intended without the consequence of damage.

I'm thrilled now.

We'll be setting up a group buy for different regions to make it more affordable for everyone if you're interested. Cheers,
Spiker

Post #114348 Fri Jun 08 2007 10:48pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tim in Scotland

Did a similar sort of amount of damage to my Freelander1's sills, but fortunately didn't damage the doors! Maybe I wasn't trying hard enough. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #114351 Fri Jun 08 2007 11:01pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

I like the sliders but at $2000! Happy to be the UK agent and demo car if anyone is listening, at a reduce price obviously. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #114357 Sat Jun 09 2007 8:02am
Tim in Scotland

Just bought a new set of combined side steps/rock sliders for my 90 and they were £128 ($256 approx) including carriage and VAT - I think that Spiker will not get many sales over here at $2000 a set I'm afraid - they look good but at that price we could buy 2 or 3 sets of LR side steps that would protect your sills and won't stick out from the bodywork like my Defender set do. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #114362 Sat Jun 09 2007 9:02am
Spiker

Hold your horses guys. No one's even seen the specs yet. The fitment to the Sport has numerous compound angles, laser cuts, tube-to-tube joints which is very complex welding to stand up to scrutiny and over 8 fitment points to the vehicle [all of which are recessed so bolt heads don't sheer off]. Lots of stuff going on with these to pass muster of a scrutinizing owner, myself in particular. They had to be flawless in design and unfortunately, the requirement for a flush fit to negate reduced ground clearance means a lot of extra engineering and processes.

Before you decide on the value, let us present the value. We'll be releasing many docs, images, specs and media which demonstrate the complexity required by the vehicle undercarriage.

BTW: I watched a rocker panel get trashed resulting in $4200 in body damage when a protection piece mounted to the side step fitment points only tore free. This vital info and more is forthcoming for ya to review.

Thanks again! Cheers,
Spiker

Post #114375 Sat Jun 09 2007 10:36am
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Spiker - I'm sure that these are a top product and difficult to design & make, all I'm saying is that it's a high price for us in a country where our offroading involves more mud that rocks. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #114398 Sat Jun 09 2007 2:48pm
Spiker

Very true. Never been across the pond but it appears to be a much different environment and challenge than we have here.

Thanks very much VA Cheers,
Spiker

Post #114442 Sun Jun 10 2007 12:04am
Iwan

Switzerland 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

sure I (my wife) did.....

http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic6436.html?highlight=

cheers
iwan RRS S/C, highest 'smile per gallon' ratio &
535d M

Post #121201 Wed Jun 27 2007 11:26pm
Zilch

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

Guilty of taking the chelsea tractor off road m'lud Laughing (one for the anti brigade) some pics are in the gallery, and even on standard stock foot wear the vehicle still made it look easy, some more pictures posted by Rangie http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic2914.html who although has not posted on here a while, however does take his off roading on a regular basis and has a lovely example of a sport with off-road livery Bow down

Cheers Another Pommie Bar Steward down under

MY20 Defender 110 SE P400 Eiger/Ebony
MY10 3.0 RRS TDv6 Fuji/Ebony/Anigre

Post #124449 Tue Jul 10 2007 9:41am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123