RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > LRE Dunkeld 1-11-05
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
LRE Dunkeld 1-11-05

The pics in the gallery went a bit wrong in the posting so I have deleted it and now they are further down this posting 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on Tue Nov 01 2005 7:49pm. Edited 2 times in total

Post #4488 Tue Nov 01 2005 7:08pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

What a gorgeous location! I don't think I'd get much offroading done if I went there... 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #4490 Tue Nov 01 2005 7:16pm
M@verik

England 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Rimini Red

Superb photos Tim.

Thanks 11 XFR

08 RRS TDV8 HSE with the good bits taken off the first RRS

05 RR Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red (Rimini Brown at events), Stormer wheels (original 19's for events), PTI, towpack. TV tuner (now driven by an employee)

1923 Ford Model T (serious ground clearance)

FFRR TDV8 Vogue my07 (wife won't let me use it in case I go to Salisbury with VA in it)

plus some other bits n' pieces

Post #4494 Tue Nov 01 2005 7:24pm
Tim in Scotland

This is where I am trying to arrange a get together for RRSport owners 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #4496 Tue Nov 01 2005 7:32pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tim in Scotland

Due to a foul-up in the gallery by ME here are the pics from today:

The approach road to the Dunkeld Hilton Resort and the LRE

Wildlife on the learners area

Check wheel articulation and testing the TC

The woods close to the centre

Heading out into the hills

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #4504 Tue Nov 01 2005 7:47pm
nickp

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Zambezi Silver

Hi Tim
Looks like you had a great time . I took my sales team upto what used to be the Landrover Off Road centre in Scotland for a team building course a couple of years ago . All I can remember is that we flew to Aberdeen and then we were picked up by the guys who were running the course. I know this was a different place to Dunkeld , but I wondered if you knew of the previous place and if it was still going ?
Regards
Nick.

Post #4510 Tue Nov 01 2005 8:29pm
Tim in Scotland

nickp wrote:
Hi Tim
Looks like you had a great time . I took my sales team upto what used to be the Landrover Off Road centre in Scotland for a team building course a couple of years ago . All I can remember is that we flew to Aberdeen and then we were picked up by the guys who were running the course. I know this was a different place to Dunkeld , but I wondered if you knew of the previous place and if it was still going ?
Regards
Nick.

Hi Nick, that place is closed because owners objected to driving all the way from the Central Belt to Aberdeen just to have a half day course and then travel home. It's lack of popularity caused a rethink and Dunkeld is the result. There is a 2nd LRE in Scotland now at Skibo Castle north of Inverness - the hotel to the stars and so on. They have the full range of cars up there but no school, basically the cars are there for the guests to play with offroad. There are LRE staff at Skibo as there was one under training at Dunkeld today while I was there.
Dunkeld has been exceptionally successful and is in the grounds of the Hilton Resort hotel and they have the use of a vast part of the Atholl Estates round Dunkeld. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #4511 Tue Nov 01 2005 8:35pm
nickp

Hi Tim Thanks for the info. I thought the place up near Aberdeen was fantastic , and it was run by a guy who had been a rally championn and had very close links with Landrover . He appeared in one of the launch videos for the RRS, but i forget his name . He and his team , i think members of his family ran a very good course.

How easy is Dunkeld to get to from the Midlands (down south) ? I have done most of the LRE courses but not the one at Dunkeld .

Post #4514 Tue Nov 01 2005 8:40pm
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

NIckP, Tim,

I love that area of Scotland having been up there nearly every year since I was a kid. We went to the Hilton for a spot of afternoon tea last August when I was last there and stopped to take a picture of the LRE sign at the end of the driveway! Sad, yes! Shocked

Nickp, in terms of driving from here you're looking at the thick end of 7 hours, make it 8 if you stop for lunch. Oh, and when you get to the Scottish border, don't break the speed limits cos McPlod is waiting all over the place in bushes and vans ready to snap your happy mug and send you a McFine. I got done twice in the space of 5 days last year, I was SO annoyed, especially as the first one I could have gotten away with if I have just prodded the juice pedal a little more instead of finding the next layby and waiting to have Mcollar Felt.

Tim, sorry about the wheezy Scottish jokes! L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #4517 Tue Nov 01 2005 9:00pm
Tim in Scotland

Nick - M6, M74, A74, M80,M9, A9 to Dunkeld.................. and RR is right it is a long drive, but then you can make it part of a weekend away and stay in one of the local hotels or even at the Hilton resort hotel as you get discount vouchers from the Land Rover Experience to use there. It's an easy drive! I commute from Stirling to Southampton (505 miles from door to door) regularly and not pushing the speed over 70 it takes 10 hours with a stop every couple of hours for my comfort. The TD6 RR could manage the trip on 2/3 of a tank of diesel so the Sport should be even more frugal as I'm getting better mpg all the time in it.

RR I'm not offended by the jokes, I'm an expat of 41 years so it doesn't bother me! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #4530 Tue Nov 01 2005 9:29pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

Looks absolutely fabulous Tim, count me ( family ) in for a RRsport meet up there if you ever get round to arranging one.

That reminds me, I have still yet to book my LRE and I only get 3mths to book it so i'll have to get my skates on. But which one?? 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #4554 Wed Nov 02 2005 2:01am
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

I've been told that around the middle of England the best one to go for is Eastnor Castle as it is the LR proving ground and test track. And, it's not a 360 mile trip to get there! L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #4566 Wed Nov 02 2005 9:39am
nickp

I can secomd that . I have done the One day course at Eastnor in a RRS and it was a fantatstic day .

Post #4568 Wed Nov 02 2005 9:55am
Tim in Scotland

There is also an LRE at Solihull, within the factory perimeter that I did last year as part of the Home of the Legend outing. They have things there that none of the other LRE experiences have - The Jungle, a Russian summer log road, a flight of 40 stairs to drive down etc these are all part of the secret testing facilities that LR use when testing new models....................... you never know what you might see being tested while you are driving round the perimeter roads within the factory! I saw pre-production RR Sports being built and tested under heavy disguise while I was there - you might get to see the next Freelander being tested. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #4569 Wed Nov 02 2005 10:10am
Biggles

England 

The home of the legend tour grabs my attention,
Would make a good day out for the forum members.
Wonder what the cost is. Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #4572 Wed Nov 02 2005 10:26am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>