RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Help with keyless entry
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Tom Davison

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
Help with keyless entry

Morning all, the rear n/s handle was faulty, the button didn’t work and the skin was cracked so I bought a new handle from eBay. Fitted that this morning (window regulator out - c*nt of a job) and now the button to lock works perfectly.

I’ve just observed though, the keyless unlock doesn’t work on that handle. Presumably there’s a sensor in the handle somewhere as when you tuck your hand down the back it should unlock. It does this on the other 3 doors including the other rear, as I’d wondered if it was just the fronts. What could this be? What part of the handle area senses the hand movement?

As I said, the button itself now works fine. It locks the car when pressed which it didn’t before, but the unlock doesn’t.

Cheers

Post #628356 Sat Nov 19 2022 2:07pm
gogsy1956

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Bali Blue

Might be wrong but there's no sensor in the handle,, it's the proximity of the key fob to the door that unlocks the door. There are lots of locks / latches on eBay and not all are suitable for use on keyless entry or keyless entry and start. Are you sure you have the correct type??. 2010 RRS, TDV8
bali Blue / colour coded
side steps / flappy paddles
black perforated leather
22" overfinch
heated everything, TV,fridge ...... now with gold calipers and mud flaps !( black mud flaps that is) !!
Many years ago,,,,, 1955 series 1 landie , sometimes wish I had kept it

Post #628359 Sat Nov 19 2022 6:33pm
Tom Davison

My (limited) understanding was that if it has keyless entry, there's a rubber button on the door handle. For that reason, I purchased that type as a replacement. The electronics married up and plugged in fine.

I have to assume there is something near or around the handle itself. If I stand right next to the car with the keys in my pocket, nothing happens. It's only once I place my hand near and around the handle (bearing in mind the keys are still in my pocket) the doors unlock.

This works on 3 other doors, but not the one where I've replaced the handle, however the push to lock rubber button DOES work (which didn't on my old one).

Not sure if this helps?

Post #628390 Mon Nov 21 2022 12:59pm
NoExpert

Poland 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Fuji White

There’s a sensor inside the handle that picks up you grabbing the handle. Could be a cable not fitted correctly. If you haven’t, download the service manuals and go to section 501-14 to see how they work and to troubleshoot.

The handle is an antenna, did you get 433mhz? 2011 RRS HSE Luxury 3.0 TDV6 Fuji White on Ebony/Ivory
Born and raised in So Cal. Moved to the UK in 2018 for a few years. Now in Poland and looking at moving back to the UK.

Post #628394 Mon Nov 21 2022 2:45pm
Tom Davison

Just downloaded, thanks, will have a look!

Post #628400 Mon Nov 21 2022 5:15pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1