RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > 3rd cup holder
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

NeilR

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black

Hi

Lets face it, it would be the first time the LR website has miss informed its customers.

Neil 2010 RRS TDV8 Overfinch GTS

Post #4589 Wed Nov 02 2005 12:18pm
Gazzer

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

RRUK wrote:
shmoogle wrote:
What leads you to believe there are 3 in the back, RRUK?

Because it says so on the Landrover website under the standard features, exact words are:

3 Cup Holders Middle Row

Conclusive evidence..... Shocked

There is also the disclaimer that deatails and options can change at LR's discretion.

So it looks like an easy Xmas for you lot, just need to ask for an RRS official mug to go with your cup holders........................ 2010MY Land Rover Freelander 2 HSE
Santorini Black with Ebony Napoli Leather

Post #4607 Wed Nov 02 2005 4:05pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

RRUK wrote:
shmoogle wrote:
What leads you to believe there are 3 in the back, RRUK?
3 Cup Holders Middle Row
Conclusive evidence..... Shocked

Does your Sport have 3 rows of seats RRUK? Check you are not looking at the Disco section 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #4609 Wed Nov 02 2005 4:20pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

Tim...

Haha!

"Oh no, I just realised, I bought a Disco3 by mistake!"

I wondered why mine didn't look the same as everyone elses.... Laughing L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #4611 Wed Nov 02 2005 5:50pm
mnederlof

United States 
I think I know where it is...

If you open the center arm rest lid (in the front row), and fold it all the way open, it now extendeds into the rear area. In my last LR, a 04 RR, it had an indentation on the bottom of the lid, which could loosely be construed to be a cup holder.

I just went down to my parking garage and took this picture:

Link: Third rear cup holder

It's not a real cup holder, but if you had one of those cups with a wide, non-skid base, it'd work pretty well. I give this new "tray" a good jiggle, and it's quite sturdy. I guess I can leave the rubber lid on my cooler and still use it also.

It does cut down on the legroom for that 3rd rear passenger though.... Confused

Maarten 2006 RRS SC
2006 RR HSE

Post #5113 Fri Nov 11 2005 1:33pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

Just a quick note re posting your pic - this is the web address you have posted in [img][/img] - hence no pic. You need to right click on your pic go to properties - copy the address then past into [img] paste here [/img] the address looks like this http://i.pbase.com/g4/03/103103/3/52092669.DSC00811.jpg

But here is the pic

" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #5114 Fri Nov 11 2005 1:41pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

Ps.

This is no good for those of us that have the PTI fitted as it is located in this spot.

" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #5115 Fri Nov 11 2005 1:46pm
rgbyhkr

Not to mention that the 3rd holder might be needed when you had a 3rd person in the second row (I know, I know, the second row is tighter than the RR so you probably wouldn't stuff 3 people back there). If so, doing what the picture suggests puts the console lid in the middle person's crotch. Laughing

Post #5116 Fri Nov 11 2005 2:46pm
mnederlof

United States 
3rd row

First off, thank you Martin for the picture re-post...I'm new at this forum posting thing. Embarassed

As for the 3rd row cup holder; yeah, it's pretty useless, both for those with the phone cradle and for those in the 3rd row with the room it takes up. I was simply pointing out this this must be what LR is referring to in their specs. If this isn't what they were thinking of, then why does it fold all the way down to the rear like it does? It's actually quite a pain when you flip it open to get something while driving, and let go above 90 degrees open, and it falls back (try reaching back to close it while driving...). It is, however, at a more convenient height than the slidey cup holders down by the floor, if you've got just one or two passengers in the back.

Personally, I miss the two-way center arm rest from the RR; pull button up to open the whole lid, push down to open just the top tray. I have the cooler in my RRS SC; what am I supposed to do with that rubber tray while I'm rummaging around for gum in my cooler box (no, I don't chill my chewing gum) AND driving? I've taken to just taking the rubber tray out altogether, but now where do I put little things (speedpass, coins, etc.)? Mad

Maarten 2006 RRS SC
2006 RR HSE

Post #5118 Fri Nov 11 2005 4:31pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I agree, not having that thin opening cubby on top of the main one is a backward step, that was where I kept my phone and paper and a pen in the L322 RR I had before the Sport. Also on the big RR if you folded the centre arm rest down and pulled out the headrestaint there was a set of cup holders in there too! I wonder if the box from the RR can be made to fit a Sport without the fridgebox? 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on Mon Dec 05 2005 5:22pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #6968 Mon Dec 05 2005 5:15pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
mnederlof

United States 
Tidy box & cooler

This would be a great project; but how to get the lid.

another alternative would be to affix the rubber tray some how, but of course this would make it useless for holding anything.

I've just taken to putting small things either on the shelf above glove box or in my door cubby....not ideal.

I also had to put some folded paper towels in the cooler so that the stuff in there didn't rattle too much. Occasionally I hit the cooler switch and the sunglasses instantly fog up when I put them on!

Maarten 2006 RRS SC
2006 RR HSE

Post #6969 Mon Dec 05 2005 5:21pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12