RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic > Occupation..
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 15 of 18 <123 ... 1415 161718>

Wozz

Some of those 2 beds are not bad. Well by that I mean if you had to live in a two bed apartment in London there is a lot worse out there and some of the specs are to a reasonable standard.

I didn't see any large marble slabs in any of the pictures but I am guessing not all of the portfolio is on the web site?

In reality it gives me a good sense check as to why I choose to live where I do and not live and work in London. I've been tempted by some nice offers in the past and did live and work in London for a year but I hated it. I've never really been a city person though. WINNER - 2009 Best Newcomer Award
'09 TDV6 XS Stornaway Grey

'06 BMW 730 D SE (Gone)
'08 A4 TDi SLine Avant (Gone)
Large pack of Flake Cakes (Gone)
6 pack of Guiness (Gone)

Post #219510 Thu Mar 26 2009 1:11am
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

Say in the NW Wozz, it's gods own country for sure!!

(Just too cold and wet for me... Rolling Eyes ) Thumbs Up Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad
Joint runner up - 2009 Outstanding Contribution Award Sad
WINNER - 2008 ‘Best Thread’ Award – Beautiful Women Of The World Very Happy
Runner Up - 2008 Comedian Of The Year Award Sad
Runner Up - 2008’s Funniest Incident Sad

06 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony, PTI, Running Boards, Privacy, S/C Grille/Vents, Stormers, Tasmods - GONE - Surprised(

Post #219523 Thu Mar 26 2009 7:58am
NickM

United Kingdom 

Sorry Super T.....yes that my company.....

Onyx is making a huge comeback - I know it's very 1980's....but a lot of people are going for it. I'm working on a site in Chester at the moment, we purchased (on behalf of a client from North Wales) a property from the Crown estate for a hotel - took a very long time....but Chester is crying out for boutique hotels.

I have done a few properties on Bolton/Blackburn borders - and yes I know not the best part of the country, but some of the areas on the borders are in conservation areas and Grade II listed - it's nice mixing very contemporary design with old historic buildings too. We do tech which allows you to look out of your windows, which are clear glass, and at a touch, can change what you are looking out at, in real time, to say the NY skyline, or a beach in Barbados, and from bathrooms that monitor your heart rate and body temperature etc, just when youw alk into the bathrooms.......

I guess the art is to be tech led but not to compromise the architectural integrity of the property....IMHO anyway!!

Post #219528 Thu Mar 26 2009 8:50am
Wozz

Yes ST I have to agree with you - the NW does have something undefinable that is of appeal.

Still - I also have a hankering to live in Hong Kong so go figure.

Nickwhereabouts is the hotel development in Chester. I live just outside near Tattenhall. WINNER - 2009 Best Newcomer Award

'06 BMW 730 D SE (Gone)
6 pack of Guiness (Gone)

Post #219542 Thu Mar 26 2009 10:25am
Sexy Pauly

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

wozz, generally about 80% of our portoflio is full and our very high end properties are the ones that have granite marble etc, they usually go on long term lets for 3-5 years with embassys and so forth, so once they move out we re do them again to keep them at a top standard!
i understand what you mean about space in london though, i was in NY subberbs in nov visting a friends family and he had a huge house with huge land and it cost 1.5million dollars, for the same price here you would get maybe a 900sqft property in central london!
i love the cosmopolotan life down here i could never life anywhere quiet, my grandparents live in a place called largs in scotland, and it was great to go for holidays by the sea etc but now i just get too bored! so i dont go! RR Sport supercharged 06
strut grills, strut 22" wheels, Full Kahn Kit
Brembo big brake kit, tinted front and rear lights

CLS 63 AMG Mercedes 2008, Cayenne Turbo S 2007, C32 AMG mercedes 2004, Vito Van 111CDI 2004

Post #219544 Thu Mar 26 2009 10:34am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Wozz

Aye SP I guess its each to his own although I suspect you may feel differently when the aging process takes hold.

I realy enjoy living in a rural area and throughly love the total peace I get here. Maybe I am just old before my time Razz WINNER - 2009 Best Newcomer Award

'06 BMW 730 D SE (Gone)
6 pack of Guiness (Gone)

Post #219545 Thu Mar 26 2009 10:37am
NickM

United Kingdom 

Wozz, as you come from the racecourse, from the retail estate (where Edwards is) and under the bridge, the town houses on the left hand side before you reach the intersection of the shops....

I always thought they said God's Country was Wales.......I'd rather not belive than move there! (j.kidding if there are any welsh members!) (but not really to any non welsh members!) Razz

Post #219546 Thu Mar 26 2009 10:38am
Sexy Pauly

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

true,

i think im going to buy myself a place in town in the next few years, my family have it best i think, nice house, nice land but 15 minutes from the west end!

id do the same when im older! it is so nice once in a while to goto the countryside on a beautiful day, walk by the river have lunch etc! RR Sport supercharged 06
strut grills, strut 22" wheels, Full Kahn Kit
Brembo big brake kit, tinted front and rear lights

CLS 63 AMG Mercedes 2008, Cayenne Turbo S 2007, C32 AMG mercedes 2004, Vito Van 111CDI 2004

Post #219547 Thu Mar 26 2009 10:38am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Wozz

NickM wrote:
Wozz, as you come from the racecourse, from the retail estate (where Edwards is) and under the bridge, the town houses on the left hand side before you reach the intersection of the shops....

I always thought they said God's Country was Wales.......I'd rather not belive than move there! (j.kidding if there are any welsh members!) (but not really to any non welsh members!) Razz

Hah I always thought Gods Cou ntry was supposed to be Yorkshire but I guess whoever said that has never been to Bradford!

Watergate Street Smile

I'll toot next time I pass in case you're there Razz Thats the site of the old hospital on the otehr side where they have now built all those apartments.

You spending much time in The Fat Cat then? Smile WINNER - 2009 Best Newcomer Award

'06 BMW 730 D SE (Gone)
6 pack of Guiness (Gone)

Last edited by Wozz on Thu Mar 26 2009 10:46am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #219549 Thu Mar 26 2009 10:44am
Wozz

Sexy Pauly wrote:
true,

i think im going to buy myself a place in town in the next few years, my family have it best i think, nice house, nice land but 15 minutes from the west end!

id do the same when im older! it is so nice once in a while to goto the countryside on a beautiful day, walk by the river have lunch etc!

Sod the walking - I just sit at home waiting to hear a pin drop so I can moan about it like one of the old gits on Harry Enfield Smile

Laughing Laughing WINNER - 2009 Best Newcomer Award

'06 BMW 730 D SE (Gone)
6 pack of Guiness (Gone)

Post #219550 Thu Mar 26 2009 10:45am
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

NickM wrote:
...I have done a few properties on Bolton/Blackburn borders - and yes I know not the best part of the country, but some of the areas on the borders are in conservation areas and Grade II listed...

You f Censored g cheeky f Censored g t Censored t!

That's where I hail from and I won't have a word said against it! Evil or Very Mad

F Censored g c Censored t! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad

06 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony, PTI, Running Boards, Privacy, S/C Grille/Vents, Stormers, Tasmods - GONE - Surprised(

Post #219800 Fri Mar 27 2009 9:47am
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 

Shocked Shocked Laughing 
L 405 2013 FFRR 5.0 SC
--------------------------------------------------------------
WINNER - 2009 �Best Avatar� Award
WINNER - 2009 Comedian Of The Year Award

Post #219804 Fri Mar 27 2009 9:56am
Kaine

United Kingdom 

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post #219816 Fri Mar 27 2009 10:34am
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad

Post #219826 Fri Mar 27 2009 11:01am
NickM

United Kingdom 

Big Cry sorry Dude.....but I feel a bit vulnerable heading up there most times!! Kinda scary, but then again you get that with 75% of London too....but parts like the Chapeltown Road etc are lovely parts of the country...did a beautiful house up there near to the golf course....

I take it back......and sorry for the offense!!! Smile

Post #219859 Fri Mar 27 2009 12:06pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 15 of 18 <123 ... 1415 161718>