RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > 2012 RRS steering / suspension
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Crraigymmmmm

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Orkney Grey
2012 RRS steering / suspension

Hi, so I am getting a small noise from my steering / front suspension when changing direction sharply - like on mini roundablouts, feels / sounds like a faint "twang" cant feel in on the steering wheel and my passengers dont hear it bit I can sort of feel it through the pedals / car. any ideas? seems to change tone as I use different driving modes - but may be a red herring.

Had a new OE front anti roll bar about 10K ago and no leaks. no other noises when driving

Post #626052 Wed Aug 10 2022 3:13pm
Seatown

Location: Moray - if you're a courier, yes it's mainland UK & no it's not in the Highlands

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

It might be the DSC kicking in. It applies the brake to the wheel it thinks is slipping and the ABS unit can make a noise like that. You should see the DSC light flash on the dash but sometimes it happens so quickly you have to be ready to look out for it.

A quick way to check is turn the DSC off and make the same manoeuvres. If noise goes away then that'll be it.

I had similar recently on sharp left hand bends and it turns out the rear offside tyre was down to 20 PSI causing the DSC to kick in as it lost grip. Inflated properly and the problem went away. 2010 TDV8 - current - my first RRS, loving it so far......
2005 Cayenne S - handling defied physics and what a sound, so sod the mpg!
1995 Disco TDI- surprisingly reliable, shame about the peeling dash & other trim
Lots of other non 4X4's in between times.........

Post #626102 Sat Aug 13 2022 3:10pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1