Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Reliability?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Teksabb

United Kingdom 
Reliability?

Hi guys,
RRS seem to get shocking reviews for braking down. I’m wondering what everyone’s thoughts and experiences have been? Is the RRS reliable? Are newish RRS ok? Are all the poor reviews from 5yr + cars?
What are the average service/brake down costs for a p400e?

Any help and advice would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Post #622337 Tue Mar 01 2022 6:29pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

They're not unreliable but too many are "serviced" by LR main dealers. This means that stuff isn't done properly resulting in issues returning, the vehicle going in to the garage regularly. The outcome is a reputation for being unreliable.

If they're serviced by someone who knows what they're doing and cares about what they do, they're pretty reliable indeed.

It's also worth noting that they don't like being under used or used for short journeys all the time.

But the single most important thing is to avoid the dealer network - you don't have to use a main dealer for servicing, although obviously manufacturer warranty issues do have to go back to the dealership. But otherwise, use a good indie LR garage. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #622345 Tue Mar 01 2022 9:15pm
Three-Six Charlie

England 

I've had my 2013 L494 5ltr example for three years now. Zero faults. 2013 L494 5.0 SC in Chile Red

Post #622348 Tue Mar 01 2022 10:33pm
Lindab

United Kingdom 

From your other posts, you seem to be buying new, so 3 years warranty & you will get a loan car if it needs anything. When I ordered mine I also took out the 5 year service plan which was a good deal then. Don't know about now. Plug in hybrids, can't comment about. Only problem I ever had was that the rear brake callipers shed the red paint, but were replaced twice under warranty, no questions asked. Oh I also had a parasitic drain which meant I kept getting a low battery warning. Main dealer was useless "drive it more" was their solution. Auto electrician did a fault find & fixed it.
Reading forums about any make is they are all Censored because people come on with questions about problems & are in the main helped. Not much of a story coming on saying my car is wonderful Range Rover Sport: Mercedes S63 AMG Coupe: 992 Porsche Carrera 4S

Post #622349 Tue Mar 01 2022 11:52pm
Meiang

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black

I have owned my 2010 TDV8 since new (over 11 years) and the only expense on repairs that I have had is replacement of the alternator. I had quite a few problems in the early years but Landrover covered all those items. Most of these early problems were because the dealership had a lack of knowledge about the vehicle.

Post #622350 Wed Mar 02 2022 2:07am
2 RRS

United Kingdom 
Re: Reliability?

Teksabb wrote:
Hi guys,
RRS seem to get shocking reviews for braking down. I’m wondering what everyone’s thoughts and experiences have been? Is the RRS reliable? Are newish RRS ok? Are all the poor reviews from 5yr + cars?
What are the average service/brake down costs for a p400e?

Any help and advice would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

L494 SDV6 Dynamic MY 14.5, just hit 230K (miles)

In this time it has needed: -

Alternator
Inlet Manifolds n/s (but also replaced o/s as preventative measure)
Arc Pipe (flexible section from pump)
Earth Stud replacement on o/s/f (did n/s/f as preventative measure)

Obviously it has gone through many sets of discs, pads and tyres and regular servicing.

All servicing & repairs done by me & agree with all the other posts, do not use a LR Main Dealer!

My old L320 now has 417K miles on it and still going strong - look it up - Reg FM07 KMX

Post #622353 Wed Mar 02 2022 10:22am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

417k and 230k miles? Now if anyone wants evidence that the things aren't inherently unreliable, that should do it.

My own previous 175k and current 130k seem like they're barely run in by comparison. Rolling with laughter 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #622387 Thu Mar 03 2022 1:58am
DirtyApe4x4

United States 2011 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Santorini Black

2011 (U.S.) GT LTD ED at 135.000 miles and all original except a few coolant hoses, the alternator which I just replaced and the known issue of timing chain guides on the 5.0 petrol. 2011 Range Rover Sport GT Limited Edition/Santorini Black 5.0 Liter
2009 Jaguar XK Convertible Diamond Edition/Pearlescent White 4.2 Liter

Post #622412 Thu Mar 03 2022 9:47pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1