RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > For Sale & Wanted > FFSC
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Misery

United Kingdom 
FFSC

Set of four FFSC alloy wheels and tyres, brand new only done about 25 miles. PM me if your interested thanks.

Post #96454 Thu Mar 22 2007 5:38pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

I presume they're free - so I'll have them! Wink 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #96462 Thu Mar 22 2007 5:59pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I want them........................... you already have 2 spares! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #96463 Thu Mar 22 2007 6:00pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Ner Ner 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #96465 Thu Mar 22 2007 6:02pm
Misery

United Kingdom 

Typical typical they are a friend of mine, he has ask me to see if I can sell them that is why i wanted PM's so I can have time to find out what he wants for them. Shocked Shocked

Post #96470 Thu Mar 22 2007 6:15pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

You never said you wanted cash for them - blooming liberty! 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #96471 Thu Mar 22 2007 6:17pm
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

No matter how good they'd look on mine, I just can't bring myself to ruining yet another set of 20" alloys so I'll stick with my puny 18" ones instead.

Weird actually that I've had several people comment on the 'nice wheels'.... L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #96700 Fri Mar 23 2007 10:41am
MDP

United Kingdom 

Adam - dont forgett they dont get damaged like those on the sport -

RRUK wrote:
Those of you who have been following my debacle over the alloy wheels on the Supercharged will know that they became damaged when going into some very mild off road conditions, and after writing to Landrover with no luck, I wrote to evo magazine, not long after that, Landrover re-assessed my problem and I had a replacement set of alloys fitted. I was happier.

That was 2 months ago.

This weekend I took the Supercharged up to Scotland for a Grouse shooting foray. The journey was awesome, it just eats the miles and is so comfortable. Then, following 3 Range Rover P38's, 2 Range Rover L322's (one of which is the Supercharged version) and a Discovery 2 we all trek up into the highlands and low gear our way up, up and up some more.

The car is awesomely capable off road. It's like a mountain goat. In low range with a selection of Terrain Response programmes used depending on what we were traversing, we got there with ease. As I was the only Sport there, there was lots of interest in seeing if it could hack it with the big boys... Well it did. We all made it with ease, and why shouldn't we? We are afterall driving the King of Offroaders.

Apart from one thing. The embarassment factor of now having 4 totally wrecked alloy wheels again!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

2 months old and they're ruined. And I mean F@@@ed. I checked all the other vehicles, as we all drove the exact same routes, and they were all unmarked, even the FFRR Supercharged on it's 20" rims was fine, but the ultra low profile tyres on the Sport SC offer too little defense and ground clearance for the alloy wheels themselves to prevent them being damaged by absolutely everything taller than a blade of grass.

The FFRR SC has 255/50/R20 tyres, so they are not as wide but have deeper sidewalls than the 275/45/R20s on my car. Both of these are standard sizes for the respective cars you should know. I have not modified anything on mine, nor had th owner of the FFRR SC.

How pathetic is it that each and every time a SC Sport goes off road, the alloys are more than likely to be ruined, leaving the owner with either a bill for refurbishment or replacement.

I was under the impression that this was the "Best 4X4XFar". It's a Landrover. That's what they are designed to do, where they are designed to go. But this just shows that the SC on it's standard wheels and tyres is totally flawed offroad.

I have written to Landrover once again and await their comment. If I feel their reply is unsatisfactory I shall be writing to a lot more people, predominantly in the national press. I will build my own web site to illustrate the damage, the off road conditions and let people make up their own mind. And of course, I shall be telling you lot, the world's largest single community of Range Rover Sport owners, how it goes.

So, I face a turning point here, I love the car as it does the 2 jobs I require of it, motorway munching and off road prowess. However, I can't afford to keep a car that costs me a set of alloys each time I use it. So what's the asnwer? Who knows? Having 2 sets of wheels is NOT the answer, who has the time, energy and patience to swap 4 wheels each weekend? Plus, where the hell do you store them?

I'll post some pics in the week to show you what I mean, but the damage to the wheels is in my mind, irreparable.

Watch this space

A VERY unhappy and completely astounded man.

" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #96740 Fri Mar 23 2007 11:28am
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

I know MDP, however, I think I'd be tempting fate!

Anyway, we're looking to move house this year so I cutting back on unnecessary expenditure. My wheels are fine, they look ok and they do the job. That's also why I'm not going to be changing grilles or vents. Plus, I won't have the car long enough.... L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #96755 Fri Mar 23 2007 12:14pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

RRUK wrote:
Plus, I won't have the car long enough....

Very mysterious.... thinking ahead already? Wink 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #96759 Fri Mar 23 2007 12:20pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1