Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Headlamp Condensation L494
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

pjbracer1

England 
Headlamp Condensation L494

HI All

I know the book says that headlamp condensation is normal (its strange how many other car brands do not seem to suffer though) anyway, does anyone know if there is a drain on the headlight assembly? Recently been on a long drive and also when the rain has been hard it condensated and doesn't disappear with the light being on (it does disappear if left overnight) but I got a warning lamp that was flashing which is the AFS warning, I believe it is when AFS isn't available and from what I can find its often caused by moisture.

Ive placed to largish Silica gel back in the rear of the lamp to see if maybe this would help but it doesnt (Im wondering if perhaps these might make it worse if they hold some of the moisture

The lamps look fine with no cracks etc... Ive replaced the bulbs from Xenon to LED as a test but to be honest they used to fog with the Xenons, The LED bulbs do have some fans to keep them cool but wondered if perhaps as they do not get as hot as the Xenons maybe the moisture doesnt get burnt off so to speak.

I was just wondering if there was maybe some tubes under the bottom that were not open, I understand they older ones had a drain tube or a membrane that would sometime not let moisture out.

The lights do work fine and im pretty sure the AFS was working too it just had a flashing light on the dahs that isnt in the book either.

It just bugs me more than anything else. I wasnt sure if maybe creating so small hols in the rear of the assembly might help with venting as most of it appear around the led sections where the heat is the least so around the indicators and in the turning light area closest to the grille.

I see it on a lot of them and l405. just didnt want to get some new light units only to find the same issue.

Cheers

P If a jobs worth doing, get a someone who knows what they are doing to do it!

RRS Autobiography Indus
RR P38 HSE V8
RRS Supercharged Santorini
AMG CLK Rear Tyre Shredder

Post #619896 Sat Dec 11 2021 3:59pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1