RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > One month into RRS ownership - how others perceive you
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Eagle77

England 
One month into RRS ownership - how others perceive you

I have had my new car (first RRS) for a month now and am really happy with it - it hasn't broken down once (; despite what literally everyone I know warned me about! By far the best car I have had.

One thing that I have really noticed whilst driving it is how other road users treat you. My old car was a Volvo XC90 and everyone would generally drive considerately, let me into traffic, wait patiently when there were narrow lanes to let me through and generally wave/say thank you when I wait to let people through / join queues.

Since having the RRS I am amazed how people deliberately close up gaps to stop you joining traffic and generally go out of their way to block you. By far the worst are company van drivers who seem to go out of their way to make it as difficult as possible for me by blocking junctions including keep clear sections deliberately, cut me up on purpose and generally hurl abuse my way! Am I the only one who has noticed this?

I am thinking of getting a dash cam fitted its a matter of time before someone hits my car!

Conversely I have noticed that drivers of prestige cars such as other RRs or Porsches do the opposite and go out of their way to let me into traffic or filter properly. MY2022 HSE Silver D300 in Firenze Red with black contrast roof
2018 XC90 D5 Inscription with Polestar...gone
2017 XC90 D5 RDesign....gone
2013 Audi Q7...lot of issues...gone
2012 Mercedes CLS...loved it...gone

Post #615602 Sat Jul 10 2021 8:41am
Iomegas

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Hi yes I can also say I’ve had similar incidents lol I’ve had my RRS for around 6months so I’ve adapted to this and don’t let it get to me STAY CALM LOL I say to myself .Infact I would say it’s made me more considerate driver for reasons I can’t explain.Its weird the last time I had what I would say is a bond with my car was my Mondeo ST220 which I loved and the other cars in between me getting my RRS I just didn’t get a bond.Yes take me away to the asylum but I have bonded with my RRS haven’t started reading it bedtime stories yet lol .My partner just shakes her head and says I think more about the car than her !!!how very rude 😂 as if Yawn
Anyway just to say this forum has been fantastic since I joined and I’m forever grateful for advice and wise council from the community.Stay safe out there Thumbs Up

Post #615607 Sat Jul 10 2021 10:09am
AnotherMutley

United Kingdom 

Sadly, its quite common, it just seems to be the newer Range Rovers, when I go out in my LSE, people wave, let me out of junctions, come and talk to me about it and I drive both cars the same. I'd definitely get a dash cam, the LR one is supposed to be very good an integrates into the car wiring.

Post #615609 Sat Jul 10 2021 11:43am
Bertbuckie

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey

Just rise above it..... and spit at the peasants hahahahahahaa

I get worse in my council van tbh. Try driving one of them and see the hatred!

Post #615612 Sat Jul 10 2021 12:21pm
Farmer Chalk

You are not the first to notice this though some of the comments backwards were a trifle hostile…. Very Happy

https://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic41270.html

Post #615616 Sat Jul 10 2021 12:37pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Never had the problem in either of my L320 RRS. Maybe it's the L494 that winds people up. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #615627 Sat Jul 10 2021 9:49pm
ecs0set

United Kingdom 

So you are driving along in your Range Rover, isolated from the world through double-glazed windows, riding high on a cushion of air and with the luxurious leather seat gently heating and massaging you. Your appreciation of Elgar's Pomp and Circumstance through your 22 speaker, 1700W stereo is momentarily interrupted by some oik gesticulating at you from their miserable tin box. You smile wanly, give a half-wave that the queen would be pleased with and continue with your day. Smile

Post #615696 Tue Jul 13 2021 7:33am
Eagle77

England 

Thumbs Up MY2022 HSE Silver D300 in Firenze Red with black contrast roof
2018 XC90 D5 Inscription with Polestar...gone
2017 XC90 D5 RDesign....gone
2013 Audi Q7...lot of issues...gone
2012 Mercedes CLS...loved it...gone

Post #615716 Tue Jul 13 2021 5:25pm
Farmer Chalk

ecs0set wrote:
So you are driving along in your Range Rover, isolated from the world through double-glazed windows, riding high on a cushion of air and with the luxurious leather seat gently heating and massaging you. Your appreciation of Elgar's Pomp and Circumstance through your 22 speaker, 1700W stereo is momentarily interrupted by some oik gesticulating at you from their miserable tin box. You smile wanly, give a half-wave that the queen would be pleased with and continue with your day. Smile

Good point! Very Happy Very Happy

Post #615719 Tue Jul 13 2021 8:21pm
Stevepd

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Cairns Blue

The only time I’ve experienced it was getting caught at Stonehenge where the road goes from 2 to 1 lane. Trying to get blend in in good time I was refused entry. Somebody eventually let me in. Apart from that I’ve never experienced anything in any way. Perhaps it’s because I drive an old L320. 2006 2.7 TDV6 HSE in Cairns Blue.

Post #615738 Wed Jul 14 2021 11:38am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1