RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Land Rover accident management service
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Drewlr4

United Kingdom 
Land Rover accident management service

Amongst the paperwork i received from the dealership when purchasing my RRS was a letter offering to take care of everything if i was ever involved in an accident. Just one call to them and they deal with everything for you. After a no fault accident having an idiot drive into the side of me i thought great ill give them a ring and get them to deal with it all.

After going through the basics of the accident the questions got very odd around how my vehicle made me feel, weather i bought it because it gave me social standing, and a number of other odd questions around similar lines.
We moved on then to injury weather myself or passengers were injured. The same question was asked in a number of different ways as if digging for a yes in some way. They even said they will call me back in 3 days as some injuries take a while to show them selves and stress and anxiety can also cause issues later.
One thing i did mention was my partner suffers from a curvature of the spine and its easily aggravated as the nature of the accident had me swerving hard to the left to avoid the car then again hard to the right to avoid the pavement. Within an hour a lawyer firm contacted her and again started asking very leading questions.

Im guessing the question around how the vehicle made me feel were all going to be used as leverage to hire an expensive courtesy car for me and then billed back at some over inflated rate to the third parties insurer, as well as trying to put a claim in for an injury of some sort.

Later on that day the third party insurer got in touch LV who asked to take control of things. I told them that i had just been off the phone with Land Rover accident management services. LV immediately talked me out of this which wasn't hard as i felt the Land Rover service was going to be very much a pressurised selling scenario and would probably in the end going to take a lot of effort on my end as they had already emailed in lots of requests for video and photographic evidence of both vehicle damages.

LV offered me the choice of any garage i liked to have my vehicle repaired, courtesy car of my choice which was key as i needed a 4x4 with a tow bar and that was exactly what i got (Discovery though) and as a thank you for canceling with Land Rover a payment of £250 for me for allowing them to take care of it. I gave them the details of the Land Rover repairer attached to the main dealer near me and that was it. Courtesy car arrived and repairer turned up and collected mine and £250 deposited into my account.
The main reason for the post is that i felt the tactics Land Rover were using were there solely to create what i can only imaging are large bills for insurance companies which we all end up paying for eventually and probably financial incentives for the teams pushing the service. This is bared out by the fact that the third party insurer can also offer an incentive, the same level of service and im sure still ends up well in pocket.

Has anyone else out there had a similar experience with this service?

Post #615713 Tue Jul 13 2021 3:16pm
Crraigymmmmm

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Orkney Grey

Not from LR but I would imagine this is subbed into a credit hire company where they basically lend (Hire) you one of their cars at an extremely high rate,

Last year I had a non fault and the final bill to the 3rd party was £8K (£3k repairs and £5K for a car over 2 weeks)

Not surprisingly the 3rd party didn't want to pay and i had to work with a solicitor to support the credit hire company otherwise I would have been billed the difference.....
These company are the scum within the insurance industry and as it was my first time claiming I was convinced by them that this was the right way to go... I would advise to stick with the insurance company every time

Post #615714 Tue Jul 13 2021 4:15pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

These companies make everyone's premiums rise each year. They take a huge chunk of money out of the system and that money only comes from one source - us. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #615723 Tue Jul 13 2021 10:45pm
Eagle77

England 

Had a hit and run on the Mrs' Evoque when it was nearly new a few years ago - made the mistake of calling 'LR' accident mgt service and giving in to the hard sell to collect the car and deliver a 'courtesy' car literally within the hour. In hindsight it was obvious why they we so keen and fast to pick the car up / give a hire car - at the time we were shaken up and didn't read all the small print as carefully as we should have trusting that this was something connected to LR therefore 'safe'. These accident mgt companies are nothing to do with LR despite the fact they were included in the handover packs etc

Ended up racking up over £20k in 'hire car charges' for about £4ks worth of repairs as the accident mgt company and my insurer argued over where to repair the car.

Fortunately in the end all this was claimed back via the MIB or whatever its called to cover accidents with uninsured/untraceable drivers as the person who hit us drove off claimed they sold the car that morning! The police were not interested either and at one point it looked as if I would be liable for all these charges if the accident mgt company could not recover their fees. Very stressful indeed and I really would not recommend going down this route and stick to going through your insurer. This is also why I am happy to go through a well known insurance company despite slightly higher premiums these days. MY2022 HSE Silver D300 in Firenze Red with black contrast roof
2018 XC90 D5 Inscription with Polestar...gone
2017 XC90 D5 RDesign....gone
2013 Audi Q7...lot of issues...gone
2012 Mercedes CLS...loved it...gone

Post #615734 Wed Jul 14 2021 10:08am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

It makes one wonder how much LR are being paid by these vultures to recommend them, or at least to allow their name to be associated with them. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #615735 Wed Jul 14 2021 10:16am
Lindab

United Kingdom 

Ended up racking up over £20k in 'hire car charges' for about £4ks worth of repairs

That's why so many cars are written off with little actual damage Range Rover Sport: Mercedes S63 AMG Coupe: 992 Porsche Carrera 4S

Post #615742 Wed Jul 14 2021 12:36pm
Grimble

United Kingdom 

Friend of my wifes Ford Kuga was written off (not her fault). Next day, despite injuries making her unfit to drive, a brand new Evoke was delivered, sat on the drive for two weeks and then taken away. Not asked for at all. We are all paying for this nonsense. RRS HSE Dynamic SDV6 2014

Nemo mortalium omnibus horus sapit

Post #615746 Wed Jul 14 2021 4:54pm
Andy K

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

As if your car is written off, you aren't entited to a hire car AFAIK.
Interesting

Post #615747 Wed Jul 14 2021 4:56pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1