Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > My new (to me) 2008 RRS TDV8 HSE
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

EquiumDuo

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black
My new (to me) 2008 RRS TDV8 HSE

Hi Guys,

Finally got one, a 2008 TDV8 HSE in Java black, basically has every option available. Only thing I would like is TV but maybe I am getting greedy haha

Went to see a white 08 with 48k miles, it had some sort of body kit on it, im sure it was in limp mode or something and it was just all over tatty. Guy was adamant it was practicaly a museum piece, only thing going for it, it was an import with an incorrect V5 so tax was like £200 for the year.

Then went to see a 08 from an independent dealer in Swansea, 112k miles and that one is a museum piece. I was just sold as soon as I took it out, bought it that afternoon after negotiations with the wife.

The previous owner in 2019 had spent a fortune on it, new turbos, new suspension bushes, all fluids replaced, all brake discs replaced plus even more replaced. All the fluids in the engine bay are so fresh, almost glowing. After all this money spent, he PX'd it for a newer one. Almost nothing wrong with it.

[Or so the receipts say] Maybe someone on here?

By the way, what is an ACE bar?

Its only done 4k since then. The dealership i bought it from has offered to service it for me too, even after i bought it. Top Guys!

The bit that doesnt work, I cant play my only DVD (Spiderman into the spiderverse) from the dvd player int he boot. My hifi/home cinema friends suggested that some older DVD players cant play dual layer dvds. So we are going to test that today.

Got some ideas for updates. Would love to retrofit and enable the tv module, add a reverse camera. Also have an idea to add an android raspberry pi set up in the rear screens with the composite out built into the raspberry pi. Would allow me to create a modified UI with youtube, disney,netflix etc. All running off my phone's hotspot. UNlimited data FTW. gonnna work on that project with some friends.

Anyways, here she is:

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Edit: Just realised this is the wrong section, can someone move it? Sorry! RRS TDV8 HSE 2008 - Tip Top and new to me atm

Post #613910 Sat May 22 2021 4:13pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

"ACE bar" is a misnomer as it refers to a system back on the earlier Discovery 2 that had ACE fitted. It stands for Active Cornering Enhancement. In the Disco 2, the anti roll bar had an hydraulic cylinder on one of the anti roll bar arms that acted to improve the vehicle in roll whilst still allowing articulation off road.

Click image to enlarge

On the RRS, the system uses anti roll bars that include a hydraulic cylinder in the actual bar itself.

On the RRS, the system is called Dynamic Response or DR. However, many people still think of it as ACE.

The overall effect is the same - to give stiffened roll response at speed, softer roll at low speed / off road. On the DR system, when off road the system behaves essentially as if there is no anti roll bar at all.

But it's anorak nit-picking to call people out on the use of ACE when referring to the active anti roll bars on the RRS. Laughing 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #613916 Sat May 22 2021 6:01pm
EquiumDuo

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

thanks, always good info to know. This explains why I didn't really understand what it was as I hadn't read it anywhere.

I have dicovered some interesting information, I have confirmed through testing that the dvd changer cannot read dual layer dvd's. Unfortunately for me that means spider man into the spiderverse is a no go.

I also dont have the heated steering wheel. RRS TDV8 HSE 2008 - Tip Top and new to me atm

Post #613925 Sun May 23 2021 11:20am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1