Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > L320 headlight wiring diagram
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

jases4x4

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 Autobiography Santorini Black
L320 headlight wiring diagram

Hi

Im just wiring my drl with the dimming module but i cant find through search the diagram for the headlight connector plug, Does anyone on the forum have this please?

Post #611400 Fri Mar 12 2021 6:49pm
Col

New Zealand 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black

You haven't actualy said what year car, probably the same but these are for a MY12/13

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1S0h9j9Ozx...sp=sharing

Cheers
Col

Post #611404 Fri Mar 12 2021 10:05pm
jases4x4

Thanks Col, Its a 2010 i was hoping for something like this i managed to find off Aulr site but it doesnt have every pin info on it, dont suppose you have it do you?

Post #611409 Fri Mar 12 2021 11:35pm
Col

Never seen a illustration like that but to be fair haven't been looking, all the pin numbers, wire colours and where they go are in those diagrams, what are you looking for? Pin No2 is side lights, 14 ignition live if you have AFS, 3 indicator etc.

Cheers
Col

Post #611411 Sat Mar 13 2021 12:18am
jases4x4

Whats afs? See that diagram picture says pin 14 is headlight but you said ignition?

Post #611413 Sat Mar 13 2021 1:18am
Col

AFS is adaptive headlights, if you have it there will be a icon on your instrument panel or it will say AFS on the yellow sticker on top of the headlamp. Pin 14 is for AFS but I mentioned it as it is the only ignition live wire in the plug, so If you don't have it you will not find a ignition live in the plug if you were looking for one.

Cheers
Col

Post #611414 Sat Mar 13 2021 1:28am
jases4x4

Brilliant thanks

Post #611415 Sat Mar 13 2021 1:54am
jases4x4

I do have afs so i will use that now as ignition as i was going to piggy back onto the heated seat fuse for ignition live, just need to find out headlight pin im not sure if headlight is the same pin on both sides? Also cornering lights aswell but i think that shows on the illustration i posted.

Post #611416 Sat Mar 13 2021 1:57am
Col

If it helps look's like Pin 10 Main Beam, Pin 11 Dipped Beam and Pin 4 Cornering Lamp same number both o/s and n/s

Cheers
Col

Post #611417 Sat Mar 13 2021 2:25am
jases4x4

Very helpful, thats me sorted Col should have the drl all working tomoz. 👍

Post #611418 Sat Mar 13 2021 2:26am
jases4x4

Just an update col, i dont quite understand but the ignition to the lights i have used to activate my drl seem to come live as soon as i unlock the car with the keys which is quite good because they turn into welcome lights but i wasnt expecting this, i imagined i would still have to turn ignition on for the ignition wire to the headlight to become live, any idea why this is?

Post #611430 Sat Mar 13 2021 6:24pm
Col

Not a auto electrician but I would appear to be linked into the central locking system in some way the same as several other circuits, and becomes live when unlocking car, I assume the drl's go out after after you lock the car and it "goes to sleep". Do you have another issue? or are you just surprised it does this, as my car does the same so you haven't caused it in anyway if that was what you were thinking. I will try and find it but I did post a reply to a question about this before a little while ago comment posted below.

[Out of curiosity I have just checked my MY13 5.0L S/C A/B RRS1 and Pin Number 14 Red and Black wire in the N/S Headlamp Plug Is Definitely a Ignition Live it stays Live with just the Ignition On, with the Engine Running and with the Lights turned on, however it would appear to stay live even with the ignition off until you lock the car and let it go to "sleep", if you unlock it before it has had time go to "sleep" it appears to become live again without the ignition on, quite strange really, but that maybe something to do with switching ignition on and off, same with the lights etc. with headlamp disconnected, as sure it didn't do it when I first tested it, may have got the car confused because I am. Confused ]

Cheers
Col

Post #611446 Sat Mar 13 2021 10:18pm
jases4x4

Yes that makes sense col, Im just surprised they’re working as welcome lights when i press unlock and the module im using off ebay keeps them on for about 15 seconds as home lights, but if i dont lock the car then they stay on until you lock it and it goes to sleep like you mentioned, I have noticed drivers side cornering light doesnt work but the other side does so im hoping thats just a blown bulb but i thought the canbus system would tell me i have a blown bulb. Going to try and find some h8 leds to match the colour of xenons and drl i have fitted.

Post #611449 Sat Mar 13 2021 11:08pm
Col

Do they stay on permanent then if you don't lock the car at all, or go off after a few minutes? as didn't realise that, if they don't good visible reminder that car isn't locked but not sure about flattening the battery though if you forget, unless the systems start shutting down as the battery goes flat, so in theory you still have sufficient power to start car. Will admit mine don't the DRL's are wired I think via heated seat relay if I remember right as wired them in as per the Overfinch wiring instructions so they only come on with the ignition is actualy switched on.

Cheers
Col

Post #611450 Sun Mar 14 2021 2:43am
jases4x4

When i unlock the car they stay on but will go off when the car auto locks if you dont open doors within a minute or so as usual but once you get out of car they stay on until you lock it so yes its a great way to know if you actually locked the car but i normally gauge that fact on if the wing mirrors have folded so now theres 2 ways to remind you to lock the car now. I have the positive to the battery and i was going to connect the ignition feed to heated seats also but i think using this igniton connection at the headlight and is more beneficial. Once i do lock the car the module i wired up keeps the drl on for about 15 seconds further. Think its a great mod and all for about £45 in total. These drl have the led pointing down from the top so are not in your face bright when stood infront until you’re a few cars length away then you see them brighter with them positioned in the lower grill sections, really pleased with them tempted to change the fogs to proper 2in1 drl lights so theres 2 drl sets active but that might have a chavvy look then istead of the oem look with just the 4 led in the bumper.

Post #611455 Sun Mar 14 2021 10:02am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>