RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Finance & Insurance > Land Rover Insurance are Ace.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

TB

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Arctic Frost
Land Rover Insurance are Ace.

The insurance on my Sport is due later this month. I've had the renewal letter lying around for a couple of weeks and not really done anything about it. Renewal quote £530.

I spent an hour on confused.com and moneysupermarket.com yesterday afternoon and managed to get quotes as low as £420 - £440. But the cover wasn't as good as the Land Rover policy.

So I have just got off the phone to Land Rover insurance, I had to tell them about my brush with a speeding camera back in January. I thought this was going to put my renewal price up and possibly force me to take one of the cheaper quotes from the internet. Very nice lady on the phone explained that the speeding fine and 3 points doesn't alter the renewal quote. Which I thought was a result. Thumbs Up

She then went through my details to confirm everything was ok and after making me wait a couple of minutes whilst she spoke to someone else in her office she came back with a renewed quote of £477. What a result. Bow down Bow down I love that woman from Land Rover insurance. Laughing Arctic Frost TDV6 SE. Aspen Leather, Cherry Wood, Privacy Glass, PTI, Tow Pack, Mudflaps, Tasmods, a new Fuelflap, a RRSport.co.uk umbrella in the boot & a RRSport.co.uk sticker on the rear glass.

Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but I'm not stupid . . . I know it revolves around the sun. Which shines out of my @rse!!!

Post #93520 Wed Mar 14 2007 6:47pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Lots of offroad cover too TB! Thumbs Up 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #93523 Wed Mar 14 2007 6:52pm
TB

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Arctic Frost

My thoughts exactly. Wink Arctic Frost TDV6 SE. Aspen Leather, Cherry Wood, Privacy Glass, PTI, Tow Pack, Mudflaps, Tasmods, a new Fuelflap, a RRSport.co.uk umbrella in the boot & a RRSport.co.uk sticker on the rear glass.

Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but I'm not stupid . . . I know it revolves around the sun. Which shines out of my @rse!!!

Post #93527 Wed Mar 14 2007 7:07pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I have renewed with LR Insurance today as my policy ends on 24th March.Their quote is £411.84 for me.
I asked about changing up to a TDV8 and they quoted an additional premium of £45 assuming delivery on 1st June, also on an 2.7 HSE they said there would be no change in quote which is interesting as there is a value difference of £5000 between an SE and an HSE! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #94480 Sat Mar 17 2007 6:10pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

The mysterious ways of insurance policy pricing rear their ugly heads again... good news all round though! Thumbs Up 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #94923 Mon Mar 19 2007 12:50pm
EXPIREDDATA

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Rimini Red

Can you get a quote online from LR ? RRS TDV8 HSE - Hybrid TV - Sunroof - Adaptive Front Headlights - Harman/Kardon LOGIC7 system

BMW GT

Post #98028 Tue Mar 27 2007 10:49pm
Tim in Scotland

Unfortunately not Expire, but they do have a freephone number manned from 0800-2000 Monday to Saturday and and not much different on a Sunday. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #98030 Tue Mar 27 2007 11:01pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
EXPIREDDATA

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Rimini Red

Cool - i'll give them a phone - I got a great quote from Elephant - was £400 less than anyone else so far...
Must be because my wife is a named driver and she's about 13..... Rolling Eyes RRS TDV8 HSE - Hybrid TV - Sunroof - Adaptive Front Headlights - Harman/Kardon LOGIC7 system

BMW GT

Post #98032 Tue Mar 27 2007 11:13pm
Baron

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

Tim in Scotland wrote:
I have renewed with LR Insurance today as my policy ends on 24th March.Their quote is £411.84 for me.
I asked about changing up to a TDV8 and they quoted an additional premium of £45 assuming delivery on 1st June, also on an 2.7 HSE they said there would be no change in quote which is interesting as there is a value difference of £5000 between an SE and an HSE!

That means your insurance will only be £55 more than your ROAD Censored TAX

Tim have you a number for LR Insurance please.

BTW mine is £421 for me and the missus with Norwich Union direct. Churchill gaurantee to beat my renewal quote Cool

But we are getting on now Bow down  SDV8 vogue SE.
Corris grey and ivory leather + most of the toys.
Limited edition RRS model number 0001 Smile
Gone TDV8 RR Sport. Never to be forgotten.

Wife has an i8 BMW

Post #98037 Tue Mar 27 2007 11:52pm
shmoogle

United Kingdom 

EXPIREDDATA wrote:
Cool - i'll give them a phone - I got a great quote from Elephant - was £400 less than anyone else so far...
Must be because my wife is a named driver and she's about 13..... Rolling Eyes

Expired, no personal experience of Elephant but I have heard a few times that the reason that Elephant are so much cheaper is that the claims process is a nightmare and they very rarely pay out.... so best take it with a pinch of salt. 

Post #98071 Wed Mar 28 2007 9:06am
PauloAmore

Scotland 

shmoogle wrote:
EXPIREDDATA wrote:
Must be because my wife is a named driver and she's about 13..... Rolling Eyes

Expired, no personal experience of Elephant but I have heard a few times that the reason that Elephant are so much cheaper is that the claims process is a nightmare and they very rarely pay out.... so best take it with a pinch of salt.

I had a non fault total right off with elephant last year. No courtesy car but my legal expenses cover went after the other driver for uninsured losses and provided a rental (a brand new BMW330 Covertible with TV for £160 a day), loss of earnings blah blah. All in all, they were slick.

I wholly recommend including legal expenses cover. Takes all the hassle out of a claim etc etc. 2022 P440e AB

Post #98206 Wed Mar 28 2007 3:15pm
shmoogle

United Kingdom 

Nice! Thumbs Up 

Post #98209 Wed Mar 28 2007 3:23pm
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

I used LR Insurance when I bought my Sport purely to get a cover note so the dealer could tax it for me. It didn't cost me anything as I had a week to say yes or no to it.

They quoted me £1700 for the supercharged compared to an average of £800 everyone else on the high street were quoting...MADNESS Rolling with laughter L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #98233 Wed Mar 28 2007 5:23pm
Tim in Scotland

I don't have my insurance papers with me but I'm sure TB or VA would be able to give you the freephone number sooner than I will be able to.

Have found it by searching the site and here it is 0800 072 4450. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #98263 Wed Mar 28 2007 8:04pm
Landlord

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Alaska White

Mines with Liverpool & Victoria and only 3 years NCB, just renewed at £624.

Can't complain as it gives me virtualy unlimited European Cover where as the others limit European cover to 30 days (or thereabouts) a year MY10 TDV6 HSE, Alaska White, Ebony with Contrast, Park Heat, Paddle Shift, Privacy, Heated Steering Wheel, Extended & Premium Leather,

MY07 TDV6 HSE, Zermatt Silver, Gone

-----------------------------
1964 Austin Healey 3000

2007 LR Defender

2011 VW Tiguan R Line

Post #98521 Thu Mar 29 2007 4:40pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>